Motel Rec for Weavervill, CA

Discussion in 'Americas' started by lopaca, May 7, 2020.

1. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was looking at staying at 49er Gold Counrty Inn.

Can anyone vouch for them or have another recommendation for motel for Weaverville, CA?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
  2. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been staying there for years. The go-to motel in Weaverville. Dinner at the Red Dragon, breakfast at the Nugget.
  3. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you. We'll give it a try.
  4. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    lopaca and Tricepilot like this.
  5. Sfcootz

Sfcootz 44 sleeps Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love the folks at the 49'er Gold Country!!! ASk for Bobbert and tell him Reama sent you. You could not ask for a more hospitable host.

+1 530 623 4937

I throw a big rally there every summer and he is extremely accommodating of 50+ motorcyclists.
    lopaca and Tricepilot like this.
  6. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Nugget may be closed. Food isn't great but it's convenient. Can't go wrong with the 49r. I also host a rally there every year. We've been staying there for over a decade.
    The Tangle Blue Saloon has good food, friendly staff, live music on the weekends and free shuttle service from the 49r. May be a moot point with Covid19 though. I've never eaten there but the restaurant at the golf course is supposed to be good.
    lopaca likes this.
  7. Sfcootz

Sfcootz 44 sleeps Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Tangle Blue makes pizzas i I suspect that would be a good take out item.

Worst case scenario the gas station two doors down has breakfast burritos. Not the best thing in the world but they do the trick.
  8. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven’t checked in a week or two but Trinity county was on a complete lock down. No out of towners allowed, not even if you have a second home there.
  9. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hotels and motels are open in Trinity County but you still can't travel there.
    https://www.trinitycounty.org/sites...Business/Allowable_Service_List_5-11-2020.pdf
    If you want to try and play the gray areas, travel to second homes is restricted but I don't know if staying in a motel is considered a second home.

Governor of California. This is an effort to prevent unintentional spread of the coronavirus to residents who would otherwise be at a reduced risk of exposure. As with any pandemic, the primary concern is keeping people safe, but also people need to understand Trinity County has limited resources and our medical system could be quickly overwhelmed should the precautions not be heeded. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated as we continue to navigate through this pandemic. By order of the Health Officer of Trinity County David Herfindahl, MD, Health Officer for Trinity County, is mandating that individuals coming into Trinity County to use a second home shall quarantine in that home for 14 days. If they become ill with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms they should call their medical provider or call Trinity County Public Health for advice. Do not just drive to the hospital or a medical clinic. This mandate takes effect immediately.
  10. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    It will be interesting
  11. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would think long and hard about traveling to Weaverville. Many of the locals will not welcome outsiders and I wouldn't want them to unwelcome me. They are mostly good people but live in a small, isolated town. Me and my friends are planning our annual ride there in 4 weeks but we will also not hesitate to cancel the ride if travel is not opened up.
    doc4216 likes this.
  12. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for the input. I have spoken with the staff at the 49er and they have not indicated that we should re-think staying in town. Naturally they want the business. If it's not a good vibe we'll move on.
  13. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine just returned from there with a group. He said no issues, stores are open and restaurants have take out. I'm going in a couple of weeks with our group.
    You probably spoke with Bobbert, the manager. Good guy and very accommodating.
  14. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got back Sunday, 7 day ride from Pasdena, CA up to Weaverville and back. Hotel is fine, perfect really for motorcycle rides. Nothing fancy. They have a nice picnic table for smoking cigars and having a wee nip after a good days ride. When we were up there, the restaurants were just starting to open up. The problem is that they are having a tough time getting staff to come back. Another thing you may want to know is that just about all the roads are being worked on. At one stope, we waited an hour and 15 minutes so be prepared - many lawn chairs and a deck of cards?
  15. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the intel. Construction with one way traffic control is pretty normal up there. Always check the Caltrans status website before heading out. https://roads.dot.ca.gov/
    You must have hit the Hwy 36 construction zone west of Bridgeville. That section is only open from 1200-1300 M-F. About 15 of us are leaving Friday morning for our trip.