Motion X GPS question

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by BigRed96, Jul 24, 2018.

1. BigRed96

BigRed96 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello All, I am new to using Motion X and have a question. Is there a way I can map out a route ahead of time and upload it to motion x and follow it like a track I have been sent from other folks?
  2. mroddis

mroddis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use MotionX GPS to 'read' my GPX files that I've created in Furkot. It doesn't do a 'turn by turn' thing, but I prefer to just follow the dark line anyway. Works well (but just make sure you download any maps you'll need while you have data coverage if you're heading to the wilderness w/out cell)

M.
  3. SilverFerret

SilverFerret Motor Psycho

Oddometer:
    I just started using Scenic to make my routes and then import into MotionX-GPS.
  4. Addapost

Addapost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try Gaia. I started with MotionX on my phone for trail running, mountain biking, and kayaking. Then added Gaia ($20/ year version). I used both for a while but quickly came to like Gaia better- much better. Either will open up gpx files imported from somewhere else (just email the file to your phone and open it with the App) but you can create a track right on your phone on Gaia, you can't do that with MotionX. That's what I do now when I want to create a route to follow, I just do it on my phone with Gaia.
    ohgood likes this.