1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Moto Go Loco Maps and Routing Generator

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by fasteddy, Mar 29, 2015.

1. fasteddy

fasteddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )
    Found this free site the other day Motogoloco when looking for easier way to edit and upload routes, very easy to use to lay out routing online. Routing easily uploaded to your GPS or imported into BaseMapif you want to confuse things.....
    Surprised to see it only listed in Vendors as it's a free site.
  2. philipbarrett

philipbarrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks - that's a great little package. The direct export function is nice.
  3. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Garmin provides the "direct export to your GPS" link. It's called Garmin Communicator and Garmin will be discontinuing that service this year.
  4. philipbarrett

philipbarrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Naturally

:doh
  5. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    It's actually not Garmin's desire to stop support. Garmin Communicator is a browser "plug-in" and most browsers are ceasing support for "plug-ins" -- if they haven't already. I don't know if Garmin will rewrite Communicator to be an "Extension" but I doubt it.
  6. fasteddy

fasteddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )
    Interesting info about the plugin...still one can download the route, import into Basecamp or a myraid of other programs and upload to your gps.. Still very very functional..

Ed...
  7. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Yes, you really don't need BaseCamp. You just need to get your GPX file(s) into the \Garmin\GPX folder on the GPS. When the GPS is USB connected, most of Garmin's devices will show as a removable storage device and you can easily find the right folder to directly download to from any online or standalone application.

I download to my BMW Nav5 directly from Furkot.com via my browser.
  8. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    That would be because the developer is promoting it.

From the looks of the site, they make money from promoting businesses via their website.
  9. COWBOY1296

COWBOY1296 n00b

Oddometer:
    i used motogoloco for the first time yesterday. easy to use. i noticed that the more waypoints i entered the slower it got. Also when trying to change the name of a waypoint, it would make the change and then would revert back to what it called the waypoint. Anyway to save the changes?.