moto gp

Discussion in 'Australia' started by gsjam, Oct 24, 2018.

1. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    “until Rossi wins a race on a Yamaha,” :imaposer
    Nogoodnamesleft likes this.
  2. Nogoodnamesleft

Nogoodnamesleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    all good mate, I didn’t think you where. :thumb
    Was more a statement about myself.

MotoGp PI is like my Xmas.
    And this year I’ve been told there is no Santa.
    I’ve been going down that many years and it’s been my big ride every year, I feel a bit lost.
    It’s the only 2 weeks of the year I get to be truly me, not mums carer.
    Does my head in living in a world with Covid, and mum doesn’t even know it exists with her dementia.
    Yep, I get whingey every now and then about it.
    It’s like I don’t get the only chance I have to be me for two weeks.
    MotoGp is a big deal to me and my lifestyle. :thumb
  3. Nogoodnamesleft

Oddometer:
    :photog :photog :photog

You Ass. :D
    Don’t kill my dreams. :lol3
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  4. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Moderation by Proxy.....get it Proxy :lol3

Fuck if everyhting was kept on topic in each thread then they would be half empty and I wouldn't have enopugh hours in the day to keep up :-)

EDIT: The Adblocker question was in relation to streaming MotoGP content etc.
  5. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    FFS dont you know how to spell “everything”! :lol3

“enopugh”? :dirtdog
    Dukehunt likes this.
  6. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Being in lockduwn I can't help but make misteaks...:rofl
    Kiwirich and AUSSIEADV like this.
  7. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    With pepper sauce?
  8. Nogoodnamesleft

Oddometer:
    :lol3

but I think it’s spelt pépah.. :D
    Dukehunt and bigborett like this.
  9. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    Wrong side of the Vcitorian virus zombi-fence
  10. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    You can see the anti squat Yamaha built in to those side pull brakes with the positioning of the pivot point. :jack
    GodSilla and Precis like this.
  11. david61

david61 Queue, a word with 4 silent letters....

Oddometer:
    Something about an engine or development freeze through 2021?

Does that mean Yamaha can "fix" the engine issue or not.

I am confuse
  12. LivingdeadCamo

LivingdeadCamo Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    All good...
    I'll leave you guys to it.
  13. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Penalties - if you leave the track limits, onto a hard area and continue, you should have to do a long lap. In those locations where it is possible, maybe a chicane before returning?

Define 'track limits'. It would be a bit ridiculous to make the track limit the white edgeline. It's gone way past that for years with them using what used to be a sort of rumble strip. The green surface is there to make it safer for riders - prevent crashing. Not as a way to potentially make lawyers rich weeks after races.
    Maybe the only exception would be when a rider has been passed on the inside after the turn in point and, has to check their line after they've started to turn in.

I've just watched last weekends first part again. How often do the various riders get out onto the green and don't give up a spot? Yet someone else is pinged for a very similar incident.

The mic'd up marshalls would have a huge struggle to report each occasion. You'd need teams of two on each corner / likely spot.
  14. lurkin

lurkin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BergDonk, AUSSIEADV, Boxa and 4 others like this.
  15. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Not quite sure what you are saying here Ray.

They are trying to prevent riders from making the track wider/bigger than what it actually is to gain an advantage.

Some riders get pushed into the green exceeding track limits . The authorities would view footage to decide whether the rider was at fault or not.

Ok the law is law but once again i still think its a little harsh. Alot of places can be lost with the long lap penalty. Better than a pits ride through,
  16. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    ABC news breakfast just reported that Jack Miller came second in last nights Styrian MotoGP! :lol3
    Ducksbane and Boxa like this.
  17. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    All this chatter on Yamahas, did I miss something while I’ve been working all weekend, isn't Yamaha leading the world championship anymore ?
  18. bigborett

Oddometer:
    My understanding was that during the race it was a cumulative sort of thing, once a certain number of transgressions had been registered (electronically) then you be given the long lap. I suppose this balances out the times you are pushed out a little and the times you are you are not.
    On the last lap you are not allowed to leave track limits at all. There must be a clause in there about gaining advantage or avoiding collision or something.
  19. bigborett

Oddometer:
    Only an honorary position. Holding it for KTM.
  20. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    The hard surface run offs have been installed to reduce the risk of crashes and reduce the incidence of yellow flags. The green areas are outside the track limits and, riders / drivers are not supposed to use them, without risking a penalty. Another risk issue - riders returning to the track WOT.

I don't know about the notion of cumulative allowances - rider's do get a dash warning 'exceeding track limits' - that is shown on the television coverage.

My point is that it's up to the rider to maintain a correct speed to stay within the track limits. Remember Rossi's pass on Stoner in California? What track limit? Over the edge line, over the ripple strip (what are they correctly called?) and across the gravel to execute the pass. (sorry all you Rossi tragics for bringing it up again. Sorry to all the Stoner tragics for reminding you).

It just looks like they are prepared, because they stand little chance of sanction, that they will try to gain an advantage by entering the corner faster than they could possibly make it, except for the extra run off. Turn 5 at Eastern Creek is the same. The pit exit for the south circuit is there, with a concrete pad filling the gap. I've used it, when trying to go around someone that used the full track width. I'd be subject to a penalty. If, on the other hand, someone stuffed it up the inside and forced me to change my line, well no penalty and I continue to race for position. Turn 4, on the other hand, has no extra width. Go too fast into there, you run wide and possibly onto the grass.

The penalties should be within the race. I am not a fan of a ride through either. I do think a long lap, designed right the penalty cold increase the lap time by 1 or 2 seconds. Just a little to discourage over exuberance. Not enough to kill their entire race. Even a 10 second penalty would be too much.

On the point, that Austrian circuit looks like it may be the worst place for it, with very low speed turns at the end of high speed straights. There would be others.
    Dukehunt and AUSSIEADV like this.