Moto Guzzi Scrambler Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by bigtex, Feb 10, 2016.

  1. bigtex

    bigtex Rocky Mountain High

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2006
    Oddometer:
    1,147
    Location:
    Northern Colorado
    Time to start this thread up. The dealers have converted Scramblers right now and they are hoping to have these in by summer. I have my deposit in.

    [​IMG]
    #1
  2. Bar None

    Bar None Long timer Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    12,258
    Location:
    SWFL WNC
    Damn, our local dealer just dropped MG.
    And the MSRP is?
    #2
  3. PAULIBIKER

    PAULIBIKER Long timer

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2010
    Oddometer:
    1,104
    Location:
    ANKENY, IOWA
    Too bad we don't have a dealer in the whole state of Iowa?!
    #3
  4. Bar None

    Bar None Long timer Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    12,258
    Location:
    SWFL WNC
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7II Stornello - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
    US MSRP Price: $ USD

    Engine capacity 744 cc
    Bore 80 mm
    Stroke 74 mm
    Timing system 2 valves with light alloy pushrods and rockers
    Max power at crankshaft 35 kW (48 HP) at 6700 rpm
    Maximum torque at crankshaft 59.6 Nm at 3250 rpm
    Exhaust system Two-in-one Arrow. 3-way catalytic converter with double lambda probe
    Cooling system air
    Frame: double cradle tubular frame in ALS steel with detachable elements.
    Wheelbase: 1450 mm
    Trail: 117 mm
    Headstock angle: 27°50’
    Front suspension telescopic hydraulic fork with 40 mm stanchions
    Travel 130 mm
    Rear suspension die cast light alloy swingarm with 2 spring preload adjustable shock absorbers
    111 mm
    Wheel travel:
    Front brake 320 mm Ø stainless steel disc and Brembo calliper with 4 differentiated and horizontally opposed pistons
    Rear brake 260 mm floating stainless steel disc, floating 2 piston calliper
    Front wheel 18" spoked. Tyre 100/90
    Rear wheel 17" spoked. Tyre 130/80
    Saddle height 798 mm
    Length: 2.240 mm
    Height: 1180 mm
    Minimum ground clearance: 179 mm
    Fuel tank capacity 21 litres (including 4 litre reserve)
    Kerb weight* 186 kg

    * Wet weight with operating fluids, without fuel.

    MG4.jpg MG3.jpg MG2.jpg MG1.jpg







    #4
  5. Bar None

    Bar None Long timer Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    12,258
    Location:
    SWFL WNC
    MSRP
    $10,990.00
    ?
    #5
  6. Bar None

    Bar None Long timer Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    12,258
    Location:
    SWFL WNC
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone
    $8,990.00

    Spec pageV7-stone-2-GR-copy (1).jpg
    #6
  7. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    V7 II SCRAMBLER ABS
    THE NEW V7 II RANGE, RAISES THE BAR IN TERMS OF SAFETY AND STANDARD EQUIPMENT AND RIDING COMFORT.

    THE V7 II SCAMBLER BRINGS BACK A LOOK THAT SINCE THE ‘70S IS SYNONYMOUS WITH FREEDOM. THE 2-IN-1 HIGH MOUNTED ARROW EXHAUST IS A WORK OF ART WITH ITS INGENIOUS ARCHITECTURE THAT IS BEST COMBINED WITH THE TWO-TONE “ESSETRE” GRAPHICS INSPIRED BY THE FAMOUS 1975 V750 S3.


    Sign up to test ride one Today.

    [​IMG]






    [​IMG]



    PRICE: $10,990
    #7
  8. WooPig

    WooPig Proudly Patinaed

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    Oddometer:
    1,989
    Location:
    ArkLaTex
    That pipe is trying too hard.
    #8
  9. Bar None

    Bar None Long timer Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    12,258
    Location:
    SWFL WNC
    5.8 gallons is very nice!
    Think I am more interested in the Stone. $2k less.
    I assume it has tubeless tires.
    #9
  10. Tim_Tom

    Tim_Tom Long timer

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2011
    Oddometer:
    3,674
    Location:
    Biarritz, France
    So you pay an extra 2k over the Stone for the pipe, spoke wheels (in the same size), and fancy paint? I'd assume the spoke wheels are tubed until someone specifies otherwise.

    Don't get me wrong I love the looks, but I'd rather have the standard Stone I think. I don't really get these factory 'special' models. Triumph and Ducati do the same thing, and I prefer the standard one to their 'specials' every time. I'd rather upgrade my bike how I want, than how they think I should.
    #10
  11. bidda444

    bidda444 Been here awhile Supporter

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2013
    Oddometer:
    339
    Location:
    Buchanan, MN
    I too would go for the Stone at $2K less. That scrambler is nice, but not worth the extra $. For now, keeping this.

    #11
    Te Hopo and Seventy One like this.
  12. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    I have to agree, they are pricing the Scrambler way too high. It's $1500 more than the Triumph Scrambler, and $1000 more than the Ducati Scrambler Classic (US prices)! :loco

    If anything they needed to be at the same price as the Stone to generate some interest...... :scratch

    Knowing Guzzi (and Guzzi dealers), after they sit on dealer floors for 6 months, they likely WILL be the same price as the Stone (or less).

    -SM
    #12
  13. bigtex

    bigtex Rocky Mountain High

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2006
    Oddometer:
    1,147
    Location:
    Northern Colorado
    The idea is to have options. You can buy the Stone and then put $2K worth of stuff on it to build your own Scrambler. Or you can pay the $2K extra and they build you a Scrambler. Not a bad business model.
    #13
    Toto and Bar None like this.
  14. Bar None

    Bar None Long timer Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    12,258
    Location:
    SWFL WNC
    #14
  15. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    :eek7

    You have to realize that "buying a Stone and putting $2k worth of stuff on it" isn't what they're doing. You don't get all of the stuff that gets replaced on the Stone to go sell on Ebay and recover some of your costs, yet that seems to be how MG is pricing it. It's like they're charging twice for things like tanks, wheels, pipes, etc. This is a terrible business model because it prices the bike $2k higher than it needs to be.

    I've owned 2 Moto Guzzis and I always wish them well, but IMO they priced this model too high. Time will tell..... :gerg

    -SM
    #15
  16. bigtex

    bigtex Rocky Mountain High

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2006
    Oddometer:
    1,147
    Location:
    Northern Colorado
    I should clarify I am arguing for the value of the Stornello, not the base Scrambler.

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    #16
  17. danketchpel

    danketchpel Long timer

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2010
    Oddometer:
    4,077
    Location:
    Camarillo, CA
    I think $1,500 above the a stone is reasonable given the pipe & spoked wheels etc. That's about what Ducati is charging for their spoked wheel version over the cast wheel one. If you bought that Arrow pipe alone it would run $1,500 easily as would spoked wheels. The Termi full high pipe for the a Ducati Scrambler is nearly $2,000.

    I would prefer a factory built model over dealer assembled and for $10,000 48hp ain't cutting it. Hell a KTM 690 thumper puts out 67 hp. If they don't up the power I'm out completely. I don't want to buy a new bike, then dump $2,500 into it just to get the power up to what I can get for the same $10,000 in another bike.

    This is the same issue I had with the old Triumph Thruxton and why I bought a Ducati Sport Classic instead.
    #17
    vnsfxr likes this.
  18. llamapacker

    llamapacker Mr. Conservative

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Oddometer:
    1,655
    Location:
    Bossier City, Louisiana
    The new 16 Duke 690 puts out 72hp? Come on MG, give the V7 some ponies and suspension while you are at it. There are guys that have been waiting for years for this, I'm not that patient.
    #18
  19. BugSpatteredJacket

    BugSpatteredJacket Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2012
    Oddometer:
    109
    Location:
    Sherbrooke Quebec, Canada, Motorcycle Mecca!
    I have to agree here. Looking at some of the new accessories and the kits themselves are nearly half the price (after taxes, etc.) of some rebated pre-2016 non ABS models. At least with the pre-2016 models you can recoup some of the cash by selling off the bits and bobs you no longer want. Just the Dapper bar end mirrors or over $450 which honestly, I'd rather save the money for gas and take a road trip with the bike. But to each their own.
    #19
  20. LuciferMutt

    LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Oddometer:
    15,619
    Location:
    New(er) Mexico
    Looks cool, but...but...48hp? :(

    When you live at over 5k elevation and regularly ride higher than that, that level of power is just barely adequate for mountain roads or maintaining speed against headwinds, etc.
    #20