Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer

Oddometer:

Are you sure it's not a quiet burbling from the exhaust during rundown?
    VMAC and Grinnin like this.
  2. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    There IS a very pleasant burbling from the exhaust. This doesn't seem to be part of that. I am not sure why I think it's not part of that. I'll listen next trip out.
    Dracula and XT Traveler like this.
  3. Jayell

Jayell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm with Grinnin. Not an exhaust noise. It sounds like a quiet rattle, only with the throttle closed, and when rolling to a stop.

Still not concerned.
    Grinnin and XT Traveler like this.
  4. Grinnin

Oddometer:
    The tiny castanet sound changes frequency but the frequency doesn't change with either engine RPM or with road speed. It seems to change to it's own rhythm.

I'll take the @Jayell approach and not worry.
    XT Traveler and Jayell like this.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Finally saw one of these in person over the weekend. The happy meal version. With the exception of the switchgear the bike looked really nicely finished. I liked the firm seat. Definitely a lot to like about bike overall. I am not in the market right now but if the local dealership has a demo day soon I will try to make it over for a test ride.
    dedave and Night_Wolf like this.
  6. Trialsman

Trialsman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a chance to ride my V85 on a trip then immediately take my Norge on another trip. I really prefer the V85 over the Norge. The Norge has more power but the handling was sooooo slow compared to the nimble V85. I can see if they build a sport tourer based on this current engine and frame it will be in my garage. Did I tell you I really like the new bike?
  7. Torquemada

Torquemada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whatever the thing they’re working on with 17 inch wheels ought to at least have a nice pannier option for sport touring.

My sport tourer (‘13 Ducati MST 1200s Touring) has been collecting dust since I’ve had the V85TT. I’ve decided to sell the Duc because it deserves a good home. Never thought I’d be saying that.
  8. OtterChaos

OtterChaos Guzzi Sud!

Oddometer:
    Add my Stelvio to the victims of V85TT ownership, I will be selling it soon as I too hate to have it just sit around unused.
  9. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer

Oddometer:

My Stelvio and my F800GS are both victims of my V85.

Torquemada, OtterChaos and Dons1911 like this.
  10. Trialsman

Trialsman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought the only victim was going to be my KTM 990, but I also sold my Ktm 690 favoring my 570 Berg. The V85 does everything else on up.
    Dracula, Bradbm, XT Traveler and 3 others like this.
  11. luscombe

luscombe n00b

Oddometer:
    What I’m finding amusing about the V85TT is that its the first new bike in years that succeeds in occupying roughly the same niche as the early R100GS.... and that it arrived just as R100GS values seem to to be climbing steeply to 5 figures. It could be that after years of use I’ll sell my old GS and have a fair chunk of the money to buy a TT to replace it.
  12. bidda444

bidda444 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    More victims of a V85TT in USCG Red-White-Black ....... '02 BMW1150GS and '13DR650SE
    XT Traveler and Torquemada like this.
  13. Grinnin

Oddometer:
    The Post Office delivered the other style of deflector for the windshield. Better performance and a better match for the shape of the Cal Sci windshield.

I've only ridden with this deflector in one position and it was really good. I may try a few other angles this week.

CalSciMRA.JPG

This is pretty tall but I still look over it 99.9% of the time. Maine has some steep hills and coming over a rise I sometimes have to look through the deflector.
    jwdub likes this.
  14. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I've ridden over 200 miles with the new CalSci XL + MRA Touring Wing and I think I've got it adjusted to the best the combination can be -- good/acceptable but not great. It's good up to 60-65 mph as long as the air you're moving through is relatively calm. Here's what it looks like from the side.(Ignore the windshield on my FJR in the background) CalSci XL+MRA touring wing 1.jpg
    Grinnin, Night_Wolf and TNWalker like this.
  15. the_babaji

the_babaji Long timer

Oddometer:
    Installed my Powerlet last night. Took a while to decide on a good location. Looks like it is clear of back wheel spray, and is not blocked by paniers.

Back side of Powerlet can be seen (in rubber boot) just below and to right of fuse holder.

Fits just under wiring loom. Which I tied to cross-member so it would not rub on Powerlet's rubber boot.

https://www.powerlet.com/product/powerlet-socket-low-profile-kit/285

1569420789209.jpg 1569420965192.jpg 1569421442162.jpg 1569421900450.jpg
  16. Mudpie54

Mudpie54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the Givi racks. Brilliant! Detachable in seconds and come with indicator relocation kit and wiring. With my Givi DLM30B Pannier/top boxes they are unnecessary and are good used as side cases or a single one as a top box.
  17. Ryephile

Ryephile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heated grips are now available, right on schedule.

# 2S001325
    OtterChaos and TNWalker like this.
  18. OtterChaos

OtterChaos Guzzi Sud!

Oddometer:
    A bit more expensive than I'd hoped, still going to get them though. $265.99
  19. the_babaji

the_babaji Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where did you see this? My dealer says they are still unavailable, he checked the system (Canada) but said that Canada / USA are under the same umbrella as far as parts ordering.
  20. Ryephile

Ryephile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Detroit Iron Cycles here in metro Detroit contacted me last week when the new number popped up, as I had a standing request. It's also on AF1 Racing's website.