Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Gordon Bennett

Gordon Bennett Just you wait

Oddometer:
    Read post 5008.
  2. vagrant1947

vagrant1947 He is free who lives as he chooses!

Oddometer:
    they hook right up to the battery and go off automatically after about 30 seconds. very good set up.
    MFS likes this.
  3. fortrider

fortrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can't remember what the connectors are but plenty long. I will see if I still have the installation booklet around and it might show them.
  4. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah plus 1 for Oxford grips. Left them on the cb500x when I sold it. Worked great, never an issue and painless to install. Lots of cable length.
    Plus side, the grips I found super comfortable, thicker than stock grips and easy to hang on. If you have any thought of wanting to try different grips, might as well get the Oxford for the comfort, and the heat.

MFS
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  5. SocalRob

SocalRob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see they also have the full range of Matris shocks and fork kits. I put top end Matris front and rear on my V7iii and it made the bike plush yet handle very well.

I had a Ducati Hypermotard 1100s in 2008 with a Ohlins rear from the factory. There were a number of complaints about it at the time. I am convinced Ohlins builds very budget shocks for factory spec. Unless you just really want the Ohlins name, I would seriously look at Matris.
    chris a likes this.
  6. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
    What are you referring to?
  7. the_babaji

the_babaji Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wondering the same thing.
  8. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe he is referring to Oxford heated grips?
    They hook right to the battery terminals, and of you leave them on when the bike is shut off, they also shut off after a 30 seconds to prevent battery drain. Good product.

MFS
    Night_Wolf and mtwillyman like this.
  9. vagrant1947

vagrant1947 He is free who lives as he chooses!

Oddometer:
    Oxford heated grips
  10. Headless In Tacoma

Headless In Tacoma I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Oddometer:
    Do you have any experience with Matris suspension? I'd never heard of them until I was browsing on AF1's website
  11. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hyperpro. Ducks Guts.
  12. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Griso has Matris suspension front and rear. Rear is one of their top of the ranger shocks. Front is their spring and cartridge packets in a set of Sachs off an RSV-4.

They are very high quality gear and very tunable BUT! Matris always seem to over-spring their product and at least in my case the suggested fork oil and the shock oil was far too heavy, (I changed from 10wt to 5wt.) and even though I’m a lot fatter than when I bought the shock it is now just acceptable in spring weight and I run the spring preload wound almost completely off.

As I said, great product, but it probably won’t be a ‘Fit and forget’.

I have a Hyperpro cantilever shock on my Mana with high and low speed damping. It’s brilliant! Having said that the original shock was so woefully pathetic I could of replaced it with a bar of soap and it would of been better!
    SlipChip likes this.
  13. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer:
    I would suspect that Andreani is also going to (or already has) make a kit for the V85. Ohlins rear and his own cartridges for the forks. They're brilliant on my Stelvio.
  14. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't see anything listed for MG. Do you have a link?
  15. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So anyone with experience with the Bluetooth setup? Either I'm missing the correct manual, or am actual part.
    Does the v85tt not come installed with everything needed to connect to the app?
    Walk me through this if you've got the experience.
    Have app downloaded. Have the mgmp pair screen up. But press the button again and nothing seems to happen...
    Anyone?

MFS
  16. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer

Oddometer:

I have a Matris spring and fully adjustable cartridge kit in the front forks on my 2016 Triumph Bonneville --much better tyhan stock and I am very satisfied.

17. tsak8

tsak8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The MIA system as they call it comes as an extra. It integrates the bluetooth functionality. Also needed is the install bracket.
  18. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ah, k thanks. So the moto guzzi app is no good without the extra piece for the v85? Thought that was all built in.
    Damn fine print...

MFS
  19. Dresdner

Dresdner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Its the small black box near the red connector, 130 euro in Europe. IMG_20190922_105206.jpg
  20. OtterChaos

OtterChaos Guzzi Sud!

Oddometer:
    I've said it before, I have the MIA device and do not think it is worth the money. It doesn't work all that well and the navigation functions are woeful along with the map it uses to give you directions, it cannot seem to re-route if you go off it's path and if the place you want to go to or start from isn't included in their map (which is pretty sparse compared to Google maps etc.) it won't give you a route at all. Limited functions available to the android version of the app as well. Lots of strange info displayed as well. I'd say do a thread search for MIA and look for my posts on it.
    Utrider1 likes this.