Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy.

Oddometer:
    Which connector are you refering to? The one I'm talking about has two posts and is there to power the (uninstalled from the factory) USB under the seat. But I'd be fine plugging into that one instead.

I thikn the other two I referred to (red and grey) are an OBD port (red) and the connector for the MIA box (grey).
  2. 30yGS

30yGS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There is a USB kit (2S000315) which looks like it will plug straight into the connector and then plug into the tool tray aperture
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  3. Mozman16

Mozman16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had to do mine and it's dead easy, assuming you can find a nice flat road to sit between 29-31 km/h, no more, no less, for however long it takes to 'calibrate' :muutt
  4. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can't think of a flat road within 50 miles.

That's not usually a complaint.
    DesertPilot likes this.
  5. Bent-Rim

Bent-Rim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ^I'll bet Red Green could rig up a treadmill to do your calibrating on.
    Grinnin and DesertPilot like this.
  6. KRGaijin

KRGaijin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's the one I'm talking about -- the one for the under-the-seat USB connector.
  7. McGoff

McGoff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    this was on a facebook group, it shows an optional USB outlet fitted to the bike
    I don't know anything about it, it may be a factory option
    Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.27.49 am.png

Attached Files:

8. KRGaijin

KRGaijin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's exactly it. The plug is there; this picture shows the optional USB part plugged into that socket and then mounted in the mounting spot. All the bikes have that socket, but none of them come with the USB port already installed, that's something you buy separately.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  9. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy.

Oddometer:
    Ahh... now I see what you mean. I had only seen pictures until I looked for it on my bike and saw this:
    [​IMG]

Then I went fishing and found the it dangling behind the sidecover. Pulled it out and saw that yep, there is a connector I could use there.

But where does one buy just those pins? I'll google it but have to think unless I can find them locally it'll have to wait until I'm ordering something else from anywhere that has them.

Anywhos, thanks for the info, I'll put it to use eventually!

EDIT: I ended up ordering a bunch of pins, seals, and even a couple connectors from Digikey. Shipping was $4.99, and it's worth that to not have to leave the house and search for them. What the heck, now I can make leads for numerous things, like, um, well... you know, all that stuff that needs power. Ah crap. I just realized I forgot to add the third size of pins for larger wires. D'oh!
  10. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got the report from the claims adjuster, made an appointment with the shop, arranged a truck, and if all goes well, the bike goes to the shop on Monday :clapUnless something unexpected turns up, the work would be replace one fork, engine bars, instrument cluster, brake pedal, and some plastic, and do some minor stuff. WIth luck, they'll have it fixed just in time for the next pandemic lockdown...
    OtterChaos, mnuttall87 and MrKiwi like this.
  11. KRGaijin

KRGaijin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you found it. You're not the only one, I've heard from a couple of guys with Travel models who thought they didn't have the connector at all. On mine it was attached to the side of the battery tray, like you saw in that first picture, but I guess at least some left the factory (or the dealership) with it just dangling loose down the side. My understanding is that every bike should have one.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  12. relayer4u

relayer4u Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Be interested to hear the costs of some of that stuff. Particularly the TFT unit......
  14. MrKiwi

MrKiwi old enough that I should know better Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Having Oxford heated grips fitted to my goose today. When I rode it to the dealer this morning it was only 5 degrees C, looking forward to not having cold hands anymore.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  15. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    They may only have to replace the mounting bracket, but if I find out, I'll let people know.
  16. 30yGS

30yGS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have just recalibrated mine after replacing a rear tire (puncture damage), went to a flat straight road near home, set it to calibrate, got up to about 30, the screen said maintain constant speed and it was done in about 2 seconds. :-)
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  17. MrKiwi

MrKiwi old enough that I should know better Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Alright, this is a lot better. I like the wider diameter handles too, easier with my long fingers.

IMG20200703153618.jpg
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  18. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I knew my Travel was supposed to have the connector, but I couldn't "find" it initially. Had to pull the battery to grab it; friendly fella in England is sending me a connector with bare leads so I can use it to "trigger" the relay of the Eastern Beaver 3 circuit fuse panel.
  19. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly. It's neither hard nor arcane in its implementation. Choose the function in the dash, ride the bike, it doesn't take far, when the indicator stops flashing? Job done!
    DesertPilot, Reddog* and MrKiwi like this.
  20. BlueBluer

BlueBluer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The brand name of those connectors is Supaseal and you can get them easily of all sorts of websites - there is also a crimping tool for them that's really handy if you are going to mount a few of them - can be done with thin pliers but not as neatly. As for the USB kit ... what a ripoff ! I saw it at 71€ on Ebay.... for a connector and a USB socket (and maybe a fuse....). I'm sure it could be assembled for about 15$

Something like this (14$) ... a bit of DIY ...
    [​IMG]
    Night_Wolf and DesertPilot like this.