Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. rauchman

rauchman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really like this bike visually. Reminds me of a Lego Duplo bike. In watching the video, I noticed it only has the shock on the right side. Especially for something with off road pretentions, would the shock need to be a dual or a single but placed in the middle vs. the right side of the bike?

Anybody know pricing?
  2. Hoak

Hoak Long timer

Oddometer:
    the asymmetrical mounted single damper setup can work find if the swing-arm is torsionally stiff enough, and it looks like the v85 Enduro's might be. The larger concern for this bike's off-road suitability is how the swing-arm/drive attachment works; Moto Guzzi has executed on some some pretty frail design work in that regard, and suspension travel also looks a bit shy of 7" which is disappointing for a 440# bike...

Someone said $11,000.00 USD...
    rauchman and Lupin 3rd like this.
  3. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    What? You can't stop to take a leak without filling up with gas?
  4. Lupin 3rd

Lupin 3rd Raygun Gothic

Oddometer:
    Given that realistically the bike only has off road pretensions, the swingarm/shock design should work just fine. The BMW R80 G/S and R100 GS Dakar had a similar layout and it was never the limiting factor in off-road ability.
    cyclopathic, rauchman and Hoak like this.
  5. Crocker

Crocker Just passing through Supporter

Oddometer:
    if the ergonomics work for me, tall all torso, I'm in. Griso and Stelvio fit fine. The california series and norge, not so much.

$11,000 is doable if true.
  6. JohnnyA

JohnnyA 2016 TE300 and 2014 1190S

Oddometer:
    You need another bike like you need a another hole in your. Aaa never mind. Your bike problem has been well documented. Besides, I am just jealous. Your Stelvio is a work of art.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Hoak likes this.
  7. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer:
    I would really like different size wheels. An 18 rear and a 21 front would be killer. I actually would like the bike a bit taller. Maybe something on the order of 8.5- 9 inches of clearance.

Don't get me wrong. I still love it, but then I really like the small blocks anyway, and a small block with 80hp sounds like a ball to me.
  8. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    If Guzzi were smart, they'd get this kid from MotoGeo to do the first ride. He gets Guzzi and comes off honestly in his reviews. He definitely "got" the Stornello.

<iframe width="1920" height="1080" src="" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    What a cool bike, I might buy my first Guzzi!!

It looks like they figured out what's wrong with the Africa Twin and built what we all want.

Cruise control
    Shaft drive
    High front fender
    No cross over front brake line
    Tubeless wheels

Even if the tank starts a little small, MG has a history of doing a big tank model later and designing the bike so it can be retrofitted to the early adopters bikes.
    Dracula, danketchpel and GAS GUY like this.
  10. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a reliable source for the 440 lbs & $11,000?
  11. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    V9 is about 440 pounds, pretty safe estimate I'd say.
    WitchCityBallabio likes this.
  12. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM have been running right sided monoshocks in their exc range since 2000 - it works fine except when they hit trees and snap off the reservoir ( I still shudder when thinking how close I got to losing important bits that day)
    rauchman likes this.
  13. Trialsman

Trialsman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 605 ATK also ran an offset Ohlins shock on an offset frame while the sing arm was a pretty standard twin spar. My fist one was flawless in some pretty rough and high speed stuff, and I expect the same from my "new" one.
  14. mototopo67

mototopo67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    rauchman and rc51owner like this.
  15. JohninVT

JohninVT Long timer

Oddometer:
    It will not be 440lbs and it will not be $11,000. Are you high?(joking!) A Vstrom 1000 Adventure ABS costs $13,999. A V9 costs 10 grand. The V7III weighs close to 460lbs. The tires alone on this bike weigh 10-15lbs more than the ones on a V7.

The V85 will weigh at least 500lbs and be slotted just below the Stelvio in price. I'm guessing MSRP will be 15k. I also think no one will have to worry about tank range. If owners get 250 miles from a V7 tank this should go at least that far.
    juanfrancisco likes this.
  16. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    The v7II Stornello weighs 416 kerb. Where are you getting 460?
    larryboy likes this.
  17. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you figure? They haven't stated tank capacity, and the difference between 52 hp and 80 hp uses quite a bit of fuel.
  18. MayorOfBBQ

MayorOfBBQ Come at me bro

Oddometer:
    I called my dealer looking for a waiting list, the sales guy called me back today and said he was told by Piaggio that the bike wouldnt be out until 2020 as a 2021 model "for the 100th anniversary"

The one at the show has a v9 engine in it, the 'new' engine (5 valve heads) hasn't even been submitted for emissions approval yet
  19. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Triumph toyed with going to the standard swing arm on the 3 as the Single Sided was heavier to do the same support function. Sexy good looks prevailed thankfully, but as long as it is well made and does it's job I can live with it. Same goes for the rest of the bike, don't follow BMW with cutting back to where rear suspensions failed in 14 on the RT and front suspension failed in 17 on the GS, etc. And get some real spark plug caps and I'll pay for the upgrade upfront......
    Dracula likes this.
  20. diegosaenz

diegosaenz Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Well I may just be dead by then. Hopefully not.
    DavidM1 likes this.