Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Cereal KLR

Cereal KLR Wall of Sound

Oddometer:
    Makes no sense to repower this model with all new guts. The V9 platform is not that old in the States (Roamer and Bobber) so already vetted for current emissions etc. Hell if they can squeeze another 25 horse out of that then the Roamer and Bobber would be a lot more fun.
  2. ViperJustin

ViperJustin Retired HH60G Gunner

Oddometer:
    The main reason why I want a tall seat is because I’m 6’5”. I’ve had bmws, thrashed them in my backyard (Death Valley), and paid dearly for it at the dealership ($7k worth in 9 months). I picked up the DR to build (like $10k worth), but I guess I’m looking for the unicorn bike that pretty much does it all (for a dual sport). The T7 seems like the closest bike out there. BUT!!! That Guzzi is a beauty. If I was looking for the Star Bucks adventure machine, it would be the Stelvio. Without a doubt, it’s the most comfortable 1200 sized adventure bike I’ve ever ridden.

So why do I like the 85? It’s just one hell of a good looking bike. It stirs the soul. Yeah, it’s probably a great road bike with some mild to maybe moderate dirt. But it’s just beautiful. Like someone else stated, it reminds me of an R80 or R100 GSPD.
    builditjr and OldRoadToad like this.
  3. Gobius

Gobius Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :tb

I've never before put down a deposit on a motorcycle, but if this one is reasonably priced, I will be in line. I always hoped they would build a smaller Stelvio, and this one looks fantastic!
  4. The_Precious_Juice

The_Precious_Juice 2019 DL650XT Touring

Oddometer:
    Not much of a fan. Looks bad.

Would prefer this on the V7iii.

However, she seems very practical.
  5. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe I found where the color scheme concept came from.
    "...recalling the epic rally raids of the 1980s, a point of reference from which it inherits style, charm and thus emotion..."

Dakar 1985
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer:
    Actually was this excited. For the Stelvio. In 09. You know, about 3 years before anyone started buying them. It was a lonely forum thread for a long time. ;p. I was also pretty excited for the new Stornello too. Bought one nearly the day it hit the dealer. Hopefully this thing will sell more briskly for Guzzi.
    Hoak likes this.
  7. JohninVT

JohninVT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just traded a V-Strom 1000 for a California Touring 6 weeks ago but if the V85 comes out next year there will be one in the garage next to the California. Some of the details look production ready while others don't. I don't think the rear subframe looks strong enough for bags and a passenger. I think the biggest hold up for this bike is going to be getting it through EPA. I don't know if the new engine they're talking about is a V9 with 5 valve heads slapped on it or a completely new engine and the one in the prototype(it's being a called a prototype and NOT a concept) is just a mock up. A 2020 delivery date is probably realistic and that is disappointing. I want one now.

Can we dub this the Ronald McDonald edition? I know the paint scheme is a throw back to the Dakar bike but all I can think of is Ronald when I look at it. Maybe they'll have a black, white and red version that'll be the Hamburgler and a purple Grimace edition.

Hey Witch, where did you place your deposit? Seacoast? Just curious but how much did you put down? I may do the same thing. I'd want to have a better idea of the final MSRP before doing it.
    OldRoadToad likes this.
  8. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    Yup. At Seacoast. Only 100 bucks was needed. Naturally, you can withdraw at any time, but if you go through with it, theyll knock off the dealer prep fees for being an early adopter.
    Crocker and Hoak like this.
  9. Hoak

Hoak Long timer

Oddometer:
    I knowz it! But I wasn't around for the initial run up and release of the Stevlio; you are to my my mind the best patient zero/test pilot for this bike when it lands; I will literally be on the edge of my seat waiting for your posts (and pictures) when you get one!

That! Sounds like a very good (and smart) Dealer! Any hope for more clarity on the v85/5 confusion and a ship date?
  10. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember this love for another MG cycle,the MG-01. Where did that go. Just saying.
  11. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:

LMAO. Patient zero is a perfect description.

Ya think? :lol3

12. WitchCityBallabio

Oddometer:
    Cereal KLR likes this.
  13. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Question is would I sell my lemans and Eldorado for the it. Over on Wild Goose someone commented not in the US till 2021, that is a long time to keep people interested, and things change quickly these days.
  14. bigtex

bigtex Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer:
    Yep, did the first Stelvio thing and paid full freight again when the Stornello showed up. But I'm thinking I'll control myself this round, wait for a leftover. This is exactly what I want, but life is intruding on riding these days, so no rush. Good job Guzzi, now execute.
  15. Cereal KLR

Cereal KLR Wall of Sound

Oddometer:
    Local dealer is blowing out Stornello and all leftover 16/17. I need another Griso so veryyyyy tempted but can wait for late 2018 if 850 surfaces.
  16. Lupin 3rd

Lupin 3rd Raygun Gothic

Oddometer:
    IMHO and in this category (mid-sized adv bikes) for anyone serious about dirt there's only one choice and it's KTM. Pay the price, deal with the maintenance, and ride it like you stole it. All the other bikes can dress up for off road but none are serious contenders.
    Hoak and BIG-E like this.
  17. Lupin 3rd

Lupin 3rd Raygun Gothic

Oddometer:
    I really hope Guzzi follows through on this quickly. The Yamaha and KTM are both prototypes and may not be around until 2019, so if Guzzi can make it out in '18 they would have less competition.
  18. Ham

Ham Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya Ya, you are just doing the Fox Chicken thing.
  19. matts1050

matts1050 V Twin Guy-Just Turned 90 Degrees

Oddometer:
    It's going to Be a 2019. There's a white one too. But might be available at the end of 2018. My source is solid.
  20. Bain Dramage

Bain Dramage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it's a 2019 model released in late 2018, it would give Ewan McGregor time to film some promo material - maybe even a "Long Way Up".

This bike does look interesting, and as someone looking for a mid-size ADV bike (but not in a rush - I retire late 2018 and will buy then), I will definitely keep this one on the "to be watched" list. I like that it's..."different", in a cool kind of way. I even think the color is OK.
    builditjr and OldRoadToad like this.