Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. borderer

borderer guzzi 2 shoes

Oddometer:
    Scottish borders best roads south of the highlands
    The ecu will learn about the mixture and auto correct. so for that and lots of other reasons I would avoid the Booster plug. If you really want to get rid of $200 then you can send it to me. Your bike will thank you.
    If you disconnect the battery for 20 min or so the ecu will start its Autolearning from fresh, ultimately wont make any difference but nicer for the first ride.
    still unsure about just blanking off the air intake to the SAS. getting the proper kit is fine but the UK customs are hot on putting crazy charges on anything coming into the country Last thing I bought from Italy had around 30% put on for customs, Tax and various charges.
  2. chethro

chethro Long timer

Oddometer:
    What I did to bypass the EVAP canister.

1. Remove tip valve and use a brass 1/4" barbed fitting to connect the tank side vent hose to the hose that went to the throttle body. This bypasses the canister. You could still run thru the canister, but I didn't.
    2. Remove the hose from the throttle body and install a vacuum plug on the throttle body.
    3. Then I installed a brass barbed 1/4" tee and connected the old hose from the throttle body which is now connected to the top tank vent to the tank neck drain which now all dumps to the hose from under the battery tray to the ground.

I have ran 1400 miles with this setup and have noticed no problems so far. Spiders and wasps are bad around here for laying eggs in hoses and plugging them off, so I added a fuel filter to the bottom drain hose too. (There was a sale on clamps, so I used one of every type I had if you're wondering.... :D)

Hose to the right is drain. Top hose to upper vent. Bottom hose to tank neck overflow? I used the barbed fitting from here in place of the tip valve.

IMG_3811.JPG
    GazOz, Night_Wolf and jrt like this.
  3. jrt

jrt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love the hose clamps. That looks like something I would do.
    chethro likes this.
  4. jrt

jrt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I added a pair of moto lights to my bike. They are crazy expensive! These came off another bike that I bought and they are designed to clamp onto axial brake calipers. The V85 has radial brakes, so that wasn't an option. They fit remarkably well in the headlight mount though. I chopped up the wiring harness and dressed it into the cockpit/instrument area- it is still a preliminary fit and I'm not really sure I even want to keep them. If I do, I'll probably make longer mounts and drop them down an inch (2.5 cm for our cultured friends) so they don't block the turn signals.
    [​IMG]
    They bolt right into the headlight mounting bracket
    [​IMG]
    I found a relay with a mounting tab, so I put it on the windshield bracket. It is actually quite a good fit, lol.
    [​IMG]
    They are a little wide for my taste- I can probably flip them in the brackets or (more likely) make new ones that put the lights further down and more inboard. Also, the stupid clamp bolt is English thread. It is the only English thread on the bike.
    [​IMG]

I have no idea how effective they are. I put them on yesterday, and have not ridden at night (I rarely ride at night). And it's going to rain all weekend...
  5. guzzijason

guzzijason Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is only partly true. The Guzzi ECUs are sort of a hybrid - they are only "closed-loop" at lower throttle/rpm ranges, and "open-loop" everywhere else (offhand, I don't know what those cut-off points are). The closed-loop system is designed to help the bike adhere to emissions standards using a specific testing protocol, and NOT necessarily to make the bike run better overall. If you want to get the most out of the motor, especially with the addition of freer flowing intake/exhaust type modifications, your only real choice is a custom map re-flash because the ECU will only be able to do so much on its own.

__Jason
    stokerel, Cal and Night_Wolf like this.
  6. guzzijason

guzzijason Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Package from SW-Motech today... crash bars, handguards, tank bag. Now, if I only had the bike to put them on. Oh well... onto the pile they go.

__Jason
  7. chethro

chethro Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you buy handle bar risers from SW-motec check your bolt spacing. My spacing for the bolts is ~ 42mm. The ones below fit my bike.

Capture.JPG
    guzzijason likes this.
  8. jrt

jrt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Send them down south- I'll check them for fit ;)
    (hope your bike comes in quickly!)
    guzzijason and Night_Wolf like this.
  9. ScottTheFalcon

ScottTheFalcon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wonder how many of us have these piles of nice stuff for a bike that isn't here yet.

I had to buy a small rack for my V-Strom for a camping trip next weekend - that stung a bit since if the new bike was to arrive this week I'd be completely sorted already :) Oh and taking a brand new shiny V85TT to a Moto Guzzi Club rally weekend would be soooo much sweeter than taking my V-Strom...
    Night_Wolf and Cal like this.
  10. X1Glider

X1Glider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not me. I'll be buying from AF1 and lumping in the extras on the bike loan since they deal or carry the stuff I want. All except the aux lights of my choosing.
    ScottTheFalcon and Cal like this.
  11. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I fit that description! Even bought a Shock Factory Minus 15mm shock( lowers the rear 23mm) My dealer still says June 1
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  12. ScottTheFalcon

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah - my Matris M46R, sprung and valved for the "solid" boy that I am, arrived last week. It looks lovely. It would look much nicer on my imaginary bike.
  13. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    A new toy arrived today. Yippee! The goal here is not so much to transform the OEM Seat Experience into one of comfort and bliss as to get some idea why that experience is so uncomfortable. And unblissful. My thoery is that if the Airhawk does improve things as it deforms under my weight during a long ride, the shape to which it deforms will be the shape the OEM seat should have been in some fortunate alternate universe where it was comfortable. And blissful. This, in turn, will give me some idea what shape to look for in an aftermarket seat.

Like all of my theories, this may be pure nonsense, based on fantasy and delusion, but hey, it will give me another excuse for a long ride :D

x20r60.IMG_4491.jpg

NOTE: Yes, that is indeed a shoe rack in the background. I do sometimes wonder why She Who Must Be Obeyed feels that shoes should be kept in the garage next to the mountain bikes, but there are Some Things Man Is Not Meant To Know, and this is one of them...
  14. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    Glad you clarified on the shoes. I thought they were yours. To each their own.
    Night_Wolf and DesertPilot like this.
  15. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    My footwear is less refined -- suitable only for surly louts. Here are some views of my last pair of boots :D

16. ScottTheFalcon

Oddometer:
    No need to explain, it seems entirely normal :)
    DesertPilot and Night_Wolf like this.
  17. ScottTheFalcon

Oddometer:
    Motorcycling in the air - nice.
    I used to sail, then discovered hang gliding was just like sailing, but in the air. Perhaps that's a more appropriate comparison here.
    DesertPilot likes this.
  18. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    That does NOT look like a Corbin seat :hide
    DesertPilot likes this.
  19. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alas...

This is just something to save my butt while I get in touch with them.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  20. JohnD01

JohnD01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No 'mode select' and this comes up. Any ideas on a fix or a way to read the fault before I take it to the dealer. Rides OK and has oil.

182119289_2596575090643591_5236072718664873397_n.jpg