Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. mnuttall87

mnuttall87 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The adaptive ride height on that bike is really cool tech!
  2. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    It was fine for me at stock height but I am tall. The tank looks very long in person. Probably the fit the V in the frame. You know......if they turned it sideways........
    DesertPilot and Cal like this.
  3. guzzijason

guzzijason Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've never been much for Harleys, but... I do commend them for branching out and looking towards the future. Early reviews seem to indicate its a very nice (albeit pricey) bike. As for the looks... its... not for me. The front end of it looks like the mutant love-child of of a motorcycle and an old Ford pickup truck... which, may not be accidental given that this is a bike by 'Muricans for 'Muricans.

upload_2021-5-11_2-8-48.png
    upload_2021-5-11_2-9-58.png

I do hope its successful for them, and helps usher in a new era for their company (like the V-Rod *should* have), even if I'm not particularly interested in it myself.

__Jason
  4. jrt

jrt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So...skyhook?

I'm with Guzzijason- the aesthetic of that bike is just....difficult. I also wish them well. But that is a remarkable front end.
  5. Bommes

Bommes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now that makes for an interesting quote.. :gdog
  6. ScottTheFalcon

ScottTheFalcon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great catch about the Ford Pickup truck "love" child.

I can already see Tom Cruise shooting about on one of these in an upcoming super sequel. But that will just be another reason for me to not like :)
  7. JohnD01

JohnD01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No issue with the bike, no logged failures.
    Cruise wouldn't work on way to dealer, traction control was OK and big red light was on all the time.
    Alarm lights were OK when the dealer turned it on.
    Maybe water in a switch?
    Anyway all good now and off to the Budgie for the weekend.
  8. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    @guzzijason ”mutant love-child of of a motorcycle and an old Ford pickup truck... ”

I think it is supposed to look like a Roadglide.
    CD53C485-DA46-4E11-B214-DE86E453E575.jpeg 5ACF47DD-B9F4-4E96-A84A-2FA81EBCFEA5.jpeg
    A friend of mine calls it a DIRTGLIDE

I know a guy in Daytona that wants to ride to Alaska. He has a Roadglide and a slew of other Harleys that he knows are not the best tool for the job. So he took his bitcoin profits and went to BMW and dropped $30k on a new farkled up GS and all the Klim gear.

I think HD is shooting for this customer. If the PA was already out and proven this guy may have stayed in the HD family and just imagine his PA parked next to his Glide in his garage.

Just my thoughts.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  9. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    @guzzijason ”even if I'm not particularly interested in it myself.”

I don’t see myself buying one. And I actually have a little bitterness to The Company for they way they axed Eric Buell and the Buell brand. It is ironic that they killed them off just as they were bringing a dual sport to market and now they are getting back in the DS market. I think this clean sheet approach to a DS bike is a better.

I don’t care for adaptive ride height but I am also tall enough. Maybe that will give shorter riders an option for a bike style that has previously been out of their reach (see what I did there).

I also hope the PA paves the way for other manufacturers to use hydraulic valves. Motorcycles are wayyyy more maintenance-heavy than cars and taking valve adjustments off the list would be nice for mc owners. BMW-Rs and MGs aren’t too bad but they are the exception. Hydraulic valves have been around a long time and have been proven in low reving motors. Motors that rev to the moon can keep shims and buckets (or lock nut) but hydraulic would be a nice addition for daily riders.

Just my opinion.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  10. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    Guzzi thread people, back on track please. If I wanted to read about Harley's I'd go to the Harley thread.
    twowheeledgator likes this.
  11. vagrant1947

vagrant1947 He is free who lives as he chooses!

Oddometer:
    stokerel and Night_Wolf like this.
  12. mnuttall87

Oddometer:
    Stuff like this is really cool for shorter riders like myself. Really confidence inspiring to be able to put a foot down.

Did the BMW Offroad class this weekend to get some off-road training before I tried any with the V85. They had the 1250 I was on set up with a low seat and I could get both feet down on that beast!

IMG_20210509_122918.jpg
  13. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    "By your command!"

ByYourCommandCylon.jpg ByYourCommandHD01.jpg

If they came out with a Number 6, I might be interested, but if they're only going to do the original model from 1978, I'll stick with the Guzzi :D
  14. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    On an entirely different note, the Airhawk experiment was a qualified success. It does reduce the pressure points and make the seat somewhat more bearable. It also gives me some idea what was causing the pressure points and what shape the seat really should be. This should help when I'm shopping for a replacement.
    MFS, twowheeledgator and mnuttall87 like this.
  15. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    Puttering around the garage and found this:
    58E9A32D-F6C2-4262-893F-62BDD2508233.jpeg
    time to bust out some loctite
    stokerel, XT Traveler, MFS and 3 others like this.
  16. mnuttall87

Oddometer:
    Every time something comes off and back on to the Guzzi....

594w5h.jpg
    stokerel, Ktmdom, Night_Wolf and 2 others like this.
  17. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't checked with my dealer, but I had heard of some getting them.
    Try a lock washer, added one on both mine and been good ever since.

MFS
    twowheeledgator and Night_Wolf like this.
  18. RedHawk47

RedHawk47 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another source for V85 accessories: http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id368.html
    I was going to buy the GPS/Gadget mount bar from gimpogarage.de and their website said that they were available in the US from Eglide.
    Eglide's website is not user friendly and their photos are small and don't enlarge. I thought their shipping charge was high, plus they added a $10 handling charge. It might have been cheaper to order from Europe; we will see how quick they are.

Dan
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  19. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered the eglide gadget bar and it showed up faster than I expected - I think 2 days later.
    twowheeledgator likes this.
  20. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I ordered mine direct from Germany, before it was available through eGlides; first one shipped into Canada