I'm sorry- that was unclear. I reamed out the length of the tube- I thought it was the non-throttle side, but I could easily be mistaken on which side. It did not seem like much of a deal at the time. One side fit really well (friction fit) and the other was just crazy tight. After sizing the one side, I used the Oxford glue (cyanoacrylate...or crazy glue) and that was enough lubrication to get them on and in position before the glue set. The inner part of the grip is pretty thick rubber, so there was plenty of meat to remove (1/32" or probably less) before I would ever have gotten to the wiring. And they are STIFF. Yes, I'm aware they came in various sizes- I ordered a size that matched what someone...maybe here...posted.