Moto Guzzi V85TT Poll

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by diabolik37, Apr 2, 2018.

?

Based on the available information ATM, would you buy one?

1. Yes

2. Maybe

3. No

4. Red

5. Blue

6. Black

7. Yellow

8. Green

9. Orange

10. White

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. orangelion56

orangelion56 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saw it and sat on it ate the IMS in Long Beach Friday night. I am in love.
    First the numbers: 505 wet, base model at $12000 in metallic gray with gray frame; Adventure model is $13000 with cases and a few other farkles, comes in the yellow/red/red frame in the images, and a solid light gray/red/red frame scheme. 80 hp, air cooled, etc.
    Not sure of the ride height...it wasnt a problem for me at 6' and 33" inseam, I was flat footed, and the riding position was about perfect (probably need a riser on the bars for standing)

This thing thing is an arrow pointed right at the F850GS (though based on some other information, it may not have the harder-core offroad chops of the FGS)

To me, it captures the simplicity of the original R80GS better that anything BMW offers.
  2. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    I agree. However, if I were designing a new R80GS, I would give it 15hp more and 20kg less, not 30hp more and 20kg more.
  3. Slowpoke6

Slowpoke6 AKA Sixer

Oddometer:
    So both the livery and the name are references to the early Dakar entry. That's cool. Still love watching videos of those old romantic adventures. To bad I speak no French or Italian. I'm curious as to how many readers here, like myself, have never owned a Guzzi? I'm quite confident that pulling new customers to the mark is a larger goal then simply maintaining the current flock. See Harley Davidson. While I have no interest what so ever in the fetish of ugly aluminum cases on any motorcycle, I am entertaining the idea that I might very likely purchase the adv. painted version and be all the more happier for it. Money wasted on silly luggage aside. Also, what's all this noise about the 'eagle' on the headlight? I think it rocks! We're not shopping mini vans here, right? Just because for the first time in my life I'm older than the First Lady, doesn't mean that I have to act like it.
    Night_Wolf, kdirtrider and rocker59 like this.
  4. Slowpoke6

Slowpoke6 AKA Sixer

Oddometer:
    My interest in the bike is as a smaller back roads tourer with potential for both beat up gravel roads, two track, and any paved road I choose to travel in comfort and style. I have another V-twin, big and heavy that I enjoy greatly for traveling across the Midwestern U.S. Just want something fun and sporty for smaller roads. Have a 650 GS. It's a bit more stirring to the soul than a toaster I suppose, but I'm so ready to trade for something like the TT.
  5. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Changed my vote to no. Brilliant from what most have reported after seeing them at the show, but I will wait for a "no tube" option. This is just a stupid step backwards and caused by the same bean counter "2 bits" savings mentality that wrote the BMW R9T off my list. Yes I could buy new rims or attempt to seal the factory pieces of shit, but I don't waste my time and money that way, too much competition for my $ (I've ridden all kinds of dirt and street bikes for 50+ years and changed/patched many a tube, NEVER again on any new street bike). If they offer a tubeless option I will take a test ride with my checkbook in hand.
  6. p3ga

p3ga Rounding Error

Oddometer:
    Former V11 LeMans owner, if the ergos work for me it's very much on the short list.

I'd really like a definitive answer if the wheels are the same as the Stelvio, guess we'll know for sure when the parts list comes out.
    Ajacks likes this.
  7. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe, if they come out with a tubeless wheel option. I have no desire to travel on tube type 19/17" wheels.
    MUDHWY and mtwillyman like this.
  8. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    I posted this on the main V85 thread, but for those that didn't go there or see that - I suggested people actually write to Piaggio NA and let them know they wouldn't consider this bike on tube-type tires. This is their contact info:

info@piaggiogroupamericas.com

Let them know your preferences. Might affect how they spec it in the future.

Gustavo
    motrhead likes this.
  9. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gustavo, I Emailed Piaggio my reservation about buying a V85, V7, car, or anything else with tubes due to safety concerns as well as convenience.
    lamotovita likes this.
  10. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Simple Math

Oddometer:

I'm right with ya. Can't imagine another roadside tube flat repair ever occurring in my (aging) life. Ugh. Why, MG, why?
    bobw likes this.
  11. SocalRob

SocalRob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So modify it with tape/sealant for $100 up to ultra cool Kineo wheels for $2,500
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  12. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Simple Math

Oddometer:
    :bash :dhorse :bash

@bobw said it brilliantly already...

"Yes I could buy new rims or attempt to seal the factory pieces of shit, but I don't waste my time and money that way, too much competition for my $ (I've ridden all kinds of dirt and street bikes for 50+ years and changed/patched many a tube, NEVER again on any new street bike). If they offer a tubeless option I will take a test ride with my checkbook in hand."
  13. SocalRob

Oddometer:
    Forgot what crotchety old men there were on this site.:lol3:lol3
    bobw likes this.
  14. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Simple Math

Oddometer:
    Most of us earned it (patching tube tires on the side of a narrow road in the rain!) :1drink
    SocalRob and bobw like this.
  15. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    And stay off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    SocalRob and Gustavo like this.
  16. Berardi3

Berardi3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To my disappointment went to IMS In NYC today no Motoguzzi displays seriously do they want to sell any bikes real upset BMW on the otherhand had a Huge presentation . i smell 1250 GSA
  17. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    I would nor would not buy a particular motorcycle because of a display at any specific show as it costs huge money to be at these shows and in general I recall many years over the "recent" Great Recession many OEMs being missing in action or with very small representation that was usually sourced from the local dealer, this included BMW, Triumph, KTM, etc. That said, the bigger challenge for riders interested in a Guzzi is finding a dealer to be able to visit where one could get to know the shop as well as the motorcycles.

Nothing against BMWs as I've owned a bunch and I'm currently on a GSA lc, but having owned many other Brands to include Guzzi, it has been in my experience the Dealer Network, that defines happy customers and with very few dealers let alone good ones, Guzzi struggles to have customers, let alone happy ones. Good luck and safe travels whichever bike you choose!

Cheers
    Berardi3, MUDHWY, darmahman and 2 others like this.
  18. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As stated and not often enough in Robbinsville, NC
    The one time they had an IMS in Miami (a few years ago), even HONDA didn't have a display. :fpalm
  19. SocalRob

Oddometer:
    But did they have custom hammers for bashing in the gas tanks just so for stunting?
  20. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As stated and not often enough in Robbinsville, NC
    No, but they had a lot of these type of.....

....things.
    [​IMG]
    bobw likes this.