Moto Guzzi V85TT Poll

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by diabolik37, Apr 2, 2018.

?

Based on the available information ATM, would you buy one?

1. Yes

2. Maybe

3. No

4. Red

5. Blue

6. Black

7. Yellow

8. Green

9. Orange

10. White

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree with you, but it's a long standing Italian tradition on bikes and cars. I can't tell you how many motorcycles I've owned in my life but only two have been Italian, one in the 70s and one at the turn of the century, but I've enjoyed, admired and even lusted after many. I suppose I'm about ready to learn another lesson.
    Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  2. diabolik37

diabolik37 Deadly Gubba

Oddometer:
    Is there any other MG with 17" and 19" tube wheels currently in production?
  3. diabolik37

diabolik37 Deadly Gubba

Oddometer:
    Ok lets try again... :-)

Does anybody know if the V7 III Special wheels are tubeless? The rear may fit...
  4. Iron Cross Junction

Iron Cross Junction Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Va.
    My brother's has tubes.

I know because I talked him through -- over the phone -- plugging the rear when he had a flat.

:fpalm

Bill
    diabolik37 likes this.
  5. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    The spoke wheels on all V7 variants have tubes, according to the MG specs. Only the cast wheels are tubeless.

Gustavo
    diabolik37 likes this.
  6. diabolik37

diabolik37 Deadly Gubba

Oddometer:
    I can't believe this... I was really looking forward to another, possibly the last motorcycle in my life to be a Guzzi again, but I can't really see myself on a tube wheel vehicle again...
    mtwillyman likes this.
  7. buelcati

buelcati Buelcati

Oddometer:
    Tubed wheels, chain drive, and white paint . Double puke, puke. No need for any of that shit.
  8. SLACKER

SLACKER Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    66C7A456-106C-4493-91AB-FD83A63D9BC2.jpeg Well, I just put down a deposit on one at my lical Guzzi dealer here in Spain where I currently reside. In my garage in the USA I have a small fleet of Guzzis I’ve collected over the years so I am clearly enamored of these beasts. I haven’t test driven or even seen one in person but for 10,300 euros (on the road) I just couldn’t resist the styling. Yeah I’m that kind of fool :norton....life is short and at 62 yrs getting shorter
    I chose the Rosso/Kalahari paint btw
    Scheduled delivery April/May
  9. Yukonduc

Yukonduc n00b

Oddometer:
    I went to Vancouver bike show, from Whitehorse, mainly to see this bike. I was pleased with what I saw and would be very interested. My FJR would go, and keep my Ducati ST3 for road fun and look at the V85 TT for the in between. What I find difficult is that there have been no road tests with any of the bike magazines or websites - one would think that Guzzi would invite a brunch of press to take a spin and do some comparisons? So until I read some actual road test and take one for a spin - it is nice to look at.

Mike
    Marto71 and XT Traveler like this.
  10. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    Did a testride on one couple off days ago.
    It's really a nice bike, doesn't do anything wrong, but would I buy one....ehh no.
    Engine is nice and smooth. Handling is good, it is not easy flickable, more like reassuringly good, nice if you like that. Brakes, well they are Brembo monoblocs by the looks of it, but feel very soft, should be more agressive. Dash takes a bit getting used to.

Looks good though:D:evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    fonzie56 likes this.
  11. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Flinging in a couple of sets of EBC HH Pads will fix the brakes. 4 more valves and Hi-Cams will fis it's deficiencies in the motor area. A return to twin throttlebodies and it might almost be ready for consideration.

Almost.
  12. Diver3284

Diver3284 n00b

Oddometer:
    I've never owned a Guzzi, but have lusted after them in the past, particularly the Griso. I'm 67 and about to retire and the Minister of Finance has given me permission to sell my trusty Gilera Fuoco commuter and get a more 'recreational' bike. I'm in South East Australia and we have a reasonably big local dealer as the distributor so hopefully service will not present too many problems. I'm not into long tours or bush bashing and I agree with the comments above in this thread about the size of the V85. As a commuter/fun runabout I will ride one soon and make a call based on the vibe I get from the bike. A bit of Italian cachet and the shaft drive make it a real contender! I'll let you know how it all goes.
  13. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

You may want to check out this thread if you haven't already:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/moto-guzzi-v85.1265870/
  14. OtterChaos

OtterChaos Guzzi Sud!

Oddometer:
    I believe noted Moto Guzzi godfather Pete Roper (i.e. motomoda on Advrider) lives near you and if you visit WildGuzzi.com you will find Huzo (see the thread Huzo on tour) who lists his home location as Creswick and he has a V85 on order so you probably would have company if nothing else.
  15. SLACKER

Oddometer:
    I took possession of my V85 a few weeks ago and so far so good. Not as fast as some bikes (BMW R1200GS etc) but does the trick ….handles very nicely..Digital dash taking awhile to get used to but growing on me. Haven't driven far yet but hope to take it into Morrocco later this year.
    I don't know what they sell for in USA but I paid 11,600 Euros on the road with a few options (center stand / Engine guard)……...that's roughly $13,000 USD....A heck of a lot cheaper than anything else in it's class over here and since I have always liked Guzzis it was a no-brainer for me. Time will tell of course and I will report back down the road.
  16. staib

staib n00b

Oddometer:
    I was talking to a dealer in London yesterday about this bike and the use of centre stands. He surprisingly recommended NOT fitting a centre stand as it was far too easy to scrape it when cornering. I then thought that most people use their centre stands (on other bikes) to facilitate chain maintenance. So maybe there is no need. How did you find the centre stand? is there a cornering issue with it?
  17. SLACKER

Oddometer:
    I actually found the center stand to be very well designed and easy to deploy. Much better than most other bikes I’ve owned. As far as scraping in turns ? Neglible so far and I have run it through some twisties.
    XT Traveler likes this.
  18. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

I have a centerstand and I have not scraped it and it is very good quality at a resonable price. For perspective I have had my left foot touch down on the pavement while upshifting while leaned well over but not the center stand. I use mine when removing the wheels or even just cleaning the bike they are really pretty handy particularly on bikes with tube type tires should you get a flat in the middle of nowhere.

Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  19. Iron Cross Junction

Iron Cross Junction Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Va.

OK, it's not for a V85 (darn it), but an OEM (from MG Cycles) for my V7 III arrives today.

Worried (stupidly) a bit about its extra weight -- "Yes, dear, I'll have another biscuit" :augie-- and may even get another for the Stornello after my flat-on-the-road fiasco in N.C. last fall. The EV and Norge are already equipped. Can't muck up the Griso with one, but there's less need for on-the-road tire-changing for it as its tubeless ... besides, a center stand just ain't right on it. :D

The odds of a center stand on V7 or Stornello interfering with my Rossi-riding daydreams are slim. OK, none. :fpalm

Returning to V85, I am envious to the point of sin as I read about folks getting such a charmer. Not sure one's in my future -- I turn 72 (gasp :() this week and have too many toys and real obligation$ now and, besides, I am happy with my present my moto-harem. That said, I sure look forward from my seat in the bleachers to reading more Guzzisti reviews and fewer moto-rag ones.

Bill
    Florida Lime, auto and XT Traveler like this.
  20. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Not V85 related but has to be said - Happy Birthday Bill! :beer

Hope you get to celebrate by going on a good ride. :ricky

Gustavo