Moto Guzzi V85TT Poll

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by diabolik37, Apr 2, 2018.

?

Based on the available information ATM, would you buy one?

1. Yes

2. Maybe

3. No

4. Red

5. Blue

6. Black

7. Yellow

8. Green

9. Orange

10. White

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MongoLikeCandy

MongoLikeCandy It Never Gets Easier, You Just Go Faster

Oddometer:
    a quick straight answer:

"yes and I did"

a quick straight story (extra credit):

i took a little roadtrip to GP Motorcycles today
    ...allow me to introduce yall to
    #ItalianMistressNo4

after some prep, and software updating ill pick her up next week!

20200714_130907.jpg
  2. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice congratulations. That model with mounts and all three cases for what, only $1,000 more is a good deal.
    MongoLikeCandy likes this.
  3. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    yeah....i got a smoking deal on that machine as you see it.....the owner is a buddy from back in my punk rock days of youth...."Punk Pays"....(as do good friendships)....Paul, owner of GP Motorcycles in San Diego....awesome man, good friend....excellent businessman
  4. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Always nice having friends in high places!
  5. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    gifts from God those friends are
  6. MFP

MFP Urbaner

Oddometer:
    "Punk days of youth" on the West Coast, are we talking China White, Agent Orange, Circle Jerks, Minutemen, Dead Kennedys, Suicidal Tendencies, Black Flag, TSOL, Social Distortion, etc., etc. ? :thumb
  7. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    yep! see all of them for$3!!!
    MFP likes this.
  8. MFP

MFP Urbaner

Oddometer:
    Saw my fair share of NYC/East Coast punk-hardcore bands in NYC during the very early '80s.
    Was also fortunate to catch The Clash, DKs, Black Flag and Bad brains when they were still raw.
    By the mid '80s I was a full blown New Waver.
    Congrats on the new Goose BTW!
    You look kind of tall, do you find the V85TT a bit small?
    I'm 6'2" and the first time I sat on a V85TT I felt it was a wee bit on the small side.
  9. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    I left the socal hardcore scene in the mid 80s for the DC hardcore scene.....lived hard, fast n loud for a few years with Black Market Baby, Discord Records, Minor Threat boys .... a scene that I ultimately did not end up digging to much, not so excited about the straight edge ethos of theirs, made so good mates though.... ultimately i ended up as a young homeless punk on the street for a few years.....good times man! had to find my way back to soCal!

thanks! I really like the V85.... Actually I had no intention of buying an enduro style bike. I had my eye on overpriced 2017 MV Agusta F4 for several months .... low miles ....stunner on the floor, i dropped in to check on her, possibly take her home....but they finally sold it after 11/2 years on the floor....yes my heart was a bit sad....she was beautiful,
    ...but not pratical (isn't that always the case!)...then I saw the V85 and flipped

you know....im a freak, all leg nothing fits me. my current ride is a 2004 Aprilia Rst1000 Futura, #ItalianMistressNo3 ...Futura .... i love that machine... i had a 2004 Capo back in 2004....great machine, same awesome rotax motor, fun ride.....!!!

If I Stay in shape and take care of myself physically by riding #ItalianMistressNo2 (Pinarello F8), yoga, weight control, ect ....
    im good, i can ride most anything in comfort...the V85 fits me extremely well. i can purchase another couple inches on the inseam with a OEM accessory seat that's 2" taller but so far i don't think i need it, we will see.... I coulda gone with taller bikes from BMW or KTM but those are just too common, every day, everybody's got one of those not much special except the price tag .... they lack style, soul....very little electronics on V85....man....I can actually change the suspension settings without getting lost in a TFT screen and pushing buttons!!!
    MFP likes this.
  10. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy.

Oddometer:
    I guess the answer is yes since I bought a red/white one already...
    fonzie56 likes this.
  11. fonzie56

fonzie56 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMG_0690.JPG Purchased the yellow/red/white in April. Traded in my '09 R1200GS. The M/G is way more entertaining. Three of my bikes wear spokes/tubes. I come from a time when that was normal. Got 55.7 mpg consistently before break-in, checked once after doing my break-in maintenance. 55.2mpg. I'll take that all day long. Got around 1400 miles so far; I like the seat, really not bad for oem. Got the taller screen; I'm 5'10", works for me. Center stand installed by the dealer. Had the recall final drive leak repaired. Love this bike! Oh, did I mention just how beautiful it is?
    peter100gs, XT Traveler, MFP and 3 others like this.
  12. tennmoto

tennmoto Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where’d you buy it
  13. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I wonder how many who voted, Yes or Maybe, actually went ahead & purchased one :ricky
  14. bisbonian

bisbonian Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did.
    After I voted I decided to wait and pre-order the 700 Tenere as I realized the cost of the V85 was a bit too high for me. I expected pre-orders for the T7 to go live January 1, I was only a little bit off.
    Right after the 1st I found AF1 giving a good discount on the V85, as long as it was grey. It turned out that the V85 became cheaper than the T7 after I would have put the same accessories on it, mainly hard cases, so I jumped on a plane, flew to Austin, and rode my new V85 home. I was surprised at how cold some states which are not Arizona can get in January.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  15. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I never voted but I bought one.

I thought the purpose of the poll was to gauge interest at a time when there was only sparse promotional material about the bike. No tests. No info from reviewers.

Voting now seems like cheating.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  16. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I voted (yes) & picked a colour (Red) ended up with the Travel edition & it's tan colour. Pictures don't do the colour justice IMNSHO, but seeing it in person I was :tb

IMG_20200905_141248913.jpg
  17. fonzie56

fonzie56 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I'm so late on a response. Cadre Cycles in Cincinnati. He had all colors available and was willing to deliver.
    tennmoto and Night_Wolf like this.