Moto Guzzi V85TT

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Night_Wolf, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Anyone in Canada take delivery yet? Thoughts, impressions & pictures? Planning on picking one up next Spring & selling my Honda CB 500X
  2. Yeffer

Yeffer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice! Just checked out some vids.

Holding out for the 450 version under 10K
  3. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:

450???
    Steve G. likes this.
  4. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just drove one today, stopped in as I had seen the local shop had finally one to show and to my surprise it had a dealer plate on it and the sales guy said take it for a spin!
    I also have a cb500x, a '13 with almost 65000 kms on it.
    Was surprised how similar the v85 felt to the cb regarding height, handling and ability to walk it in circles in the parking lot. I was expecting a much larger "feel" to it but she is very compact.
    Comfort, man they nailed it. I like the cb, but I'm sure you've got the same gripes as me about ergonomics with it. The v85 is narrow where it counts, pegs are placed perfect and my legs were comfy. Lots of room. Drove my bike there (and home).
    Wasn't planning on a test drive, at all. Never even thought of changing riding modes while cruising around, but what a nice bike, is all I gotta say.
    Cracking the throttle, in neutral, and having it rock back and forth was cool, special, and makes me wanna go back for more.
    My only problem is, price is very comparable and reasonable compared to other 850 sized rides, but the cb500x keeps punching soooo far above its weight class, it's gonna take a fantastic deal (like the used Teneres are) to get my ass off it :(

The v85 is my number one replacement option, if i end up shopping for a brand new ride. Ihave been waiting to see one and it sure did not dissapoint. Guzzi has something really special with that bike.

Congrats to you when you go get one, get ready for some attention when your cruising!

MFS
  5. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Where is your local dealer? Except for a lack of extra hp (I put 90,000 km on a pair of Wee Stroms before I purchased the CB) the little Honda actually fits me pretty decently, but I don't have near the km on it as you do. Could use a bit more room when The_Filly is with me & I am NOT a fan of chain driven bikes. I have most options on my CB and some most would never install (Corbin seat was a must as the stock seat had to be the worst seat I have ever sat on) I want a test ride badly & hope it confirms what others are saying for me
  6. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cb500x , the seat exactly, I just want to sit an inch farther back...
    Just a hair south of Winnipeg, Adventure Powersports in a town called "iles des chenes". Kawi, Suzi, and now Moto Guzzi as well for the past 4? years or so.

MFS
  7. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I have a long inseam so reaching the ground isn't an issue, more of a reach for the bars & so I had my Corbin built with the "bucket" pushed 1 inch closer to the bars. My closest dealer is in Medicine Hat, 3 hrs away & I don't know if they will have a bike to take for a test, but I'll drive down anyway