Moto Guzzi's and Death Valley

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Mooney 78865, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are a bunch of folks on the Moto Bellissima - Moto Guzzi Stelvio threadfest thread that are doing a Death Valley trip January 10th-13th 2020. We're coming from WA, ID, UT, CA, OR, and places I probably don't know. (so it looks like there are a least 5) While the trip started as a bit of tongue in cheek, it has grown to a full blown mid winter get together, Most will be riding Moto Guzzi Stelvio's, however, there are a number of folks who are coming with other rides. We're talking big Adventure bikes so the riding will be geared in that direction. Base will be at Furnace Creek campground. A number of us have campsites and could probably squeeze in extra folks.
    Folks from the Moto Guzzi Stelvio threadfest who are planning to attend sound off, and lets see how we're fixed for space.
  2. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm there, and my friend from Vegas is coming along on a WeeStrom...really looking forward to done warm(er) weather!!!
    Utrider1 and aftCG like this.
  3. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Outstanding! How's the leak?
  4. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven't ran it after sealing it up. Been checking everything over and found that the dealer left the motor mount to the new head finger tight, the valves on the new head were all over the place as far as adjustment goes, they left a wire off the battery for my heated gear, and they glued the valve cover in the new head with a black sealant of some sort. I cleaned all that up and torqued everything I can. My Michelin Anakee Adventure tired are about done, so I pulled them and dropped them off at a bike shop to have my new Midas E-07's mounted. I'll pick them up in the morning and bolt them up. Hopefully go for ride and check everything out. That is, IF we don't get any more snow! Woke up to about an inch this morning, and it snowed on and off all day...
    Jonnybeau, Utrider1 and Dracula like this.
  5. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fingers crossed! Keep us in the loop!
    Utrider1 and Dons1911 like this.
  6. Flying Frisian

Flying Frisian Born to Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been a long time Guzzi owner and former Stelvio rider. My current bike is a Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and doing some awesome riding. I have a campsite at Furnace Creek for my campervan and enclosed trailer. If someone needs a place to sleep, I can make space in the trailer. The campsite has no electricity so it's just a metal tent without heating. I'll be sleeping in the heated camper van.
    Installed a fresh rear tire because I have to keep up with the more powerful Stelvio's. Need all the help I can get. :lol3
    20191224_110519.jpg
    chief 06, Jonnybeau, Utrider1 and 3 others like this.
  7. Dracula

Dracula I don't want a pickle! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure who the official photographer of the crew will be but I am watching this!
    :lurk
  8. Flying Frisian

Oddometer:
    I'll mount my GoPro on the handle bars.
    Mooney 78865 and Dracula like this.
  9. Xlratr

Xlratr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Really looking forward to hearing all the stories and seeing some pics of a flock of geese! Have a great time guys!
  10. wellcraft

wellcraft Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man you really have a messed up dealership
    Utrider1, Dracula and Mooney 78865 like this.
  11. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Installed a fresh rear tire because I have to keep up with the more powerful Stelvio's. Need all the help I can get. :lol3
    View attachment 2055896 [/QUOTE]
    Oh here we go... Where is UTrider1???
    Utrider1, aftCG and Dons1911 like this.
  12. aftCG

aftCG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for starting this. I'm one of the idiots planning on attending.

I've got four gopros by the way.

My plan is to trailer at least into California from Tacoma, WA in order to assure I can get through the Siskious and back. Finding a secure place to leave my vehicle may be harder than driving it all the way to Furnace Creek, but I already feel like a pussy for using a trailer at all.

IMG_20170728_061152-01.jpeg
    My steed, a 2015 NTX.
  13. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So @aftCG is on a 2015, I'm on a 2017, I can't remember what year @Utrider1 's is, (the bike, not the Norge motor)...what year is yours @Mooney 78865 ?
    Utrider1 likes this.
  14. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you want to drag it down to Clovis you can leave it in front of our place. Are you going elsewhere after DV?
    aftCG likes this.
  16. aftCG

aftCG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Straight back home. I've still got a job for the time being.
    Clovis looks to be quite near Fresno?
  17. Flying Frisian

Oddometer:
    I think I'll cross the mountains in Oregon and take the 395 down into California on the east side. I don't mind using a trailer, why be cold and miserable for 15 hours and wear out a perfectly good ADV tire in the process. I'd rather wear my tires in the fun stuff. Although, at the moment the weather situation has closed lots of fun areas in DV.
    Utrider1 and aftCG like this.
  18. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, we’re sorta the burbs of Fresno.
  19. Utrider1

Utrider1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm here. I have been riding dirt bikes in Mesquite and St George area the last few days. I will be trailering down to St George and leaving my rig at a friends house on Thursday the 9th. I have a condo in Vegas for that night and getting together with Don and his buddy in Vegas on the 10th and rolling up to Furnace Creek for the festivities.

I have a fairly new Avon Trekrider rear tire, and an ok Trekrider front. My bike is a 2014, pretty stock other than John's map and a bit of the necessary bling. I have a Sena 10c Pro (communications, and camera) so if anyone wants to pair up we can do that as well.

I have a hotel room at the Furnace Creek Ranch I believe it's called. I will have an extra queen bed available if someone needs it.

Let's DO THIS!!! :clap
    Jonnybeau, aftCG, Dons1911 and 2 others like this.
  20. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It'll be good to see you Roy!!!
    Utrider1 and Mooney 78865 like this.