1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Moto Machines: Exclusive U.S. Distributor of Hepco & Becker, Ermax, and Amphibious Products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by MotoMachines, Apr 14, 2014.

1. cevers57

cevers57 n00b

Oddometer:
    To those interested, I've purchased a V-Star 950 this year as no off-roading for me this year. Never had a cruiser before and its soon time to travel, I can't stand the fake leather wanna-be cowboy saddlebags so I must outfit the bike with adv style bags. I've looked around and will go with the H&B C-bow system as the soft bags will lock on. This is necessary when one carries his 2nd amendment rights around. When all arrives i can post a pic if others are interested.

cheers
  2. MotoMachines

MotoMachines Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I for one would love to see the pictures when we do get them available for you.
  3. cevers57

cevers57 n00b

Oddometer:
    Is there an ETA on the Royster bags?
    Thanks
  4. MotoMachines

Oddometer:
    We are looking at about a month or so until the Royster bags are ready for sale.
  5. chrish4ku

chrish4ku Long timer

Oddometer:
    Umm, I just received a set of the Hepco-Becker Alu-standard 35 Panniers and they do NOT fit my Hepco-Becker racks on my KTM 990 Adventure? Nice panniers for sure, but won't go on the bike.

These are the racks that can hold the Gobi set. The topcase fits fine, the side cases .... no way.

What's the solution? I was told the KTM 990 HB racks would work..

Thanks,
  6. MotoMachines

Oddometer:
    Hi Chris,

That is odd, they should fit. Could you possibly send us a few pictures to info@motomachines.com?

Sorry for the delay in my response!
  7. chrish4ku

chrish4ku Long timer

Oddometer:
    So after doing the research, the Hepco-Becker Alu-standard bags must be used with special adaptors for the Gobi style side racks. If you don't have those adaptors, you won't be attaching them to your side racks...

The Alu top box works just super though thankfully...:evil

I was under the impression the HB racks were more standardized, but the KTM 990 HB racks that supported the Grey Plastic Gobi system are most certainly different. They have welded inserts on the inside of each side rack, which then requires these wonky adaptors for the Standard Alu Bag clips to work.

At $53 per adaptor, and I doubt anyone would ever buy just one, it tacks on a significant expense. Yes - they do generally come with the new set of Alu Bags. I am working to get my adaptors, as they didn't come initially.
  8. MotoMachines

Oddometer:
    I did realize after I sent that, that you needed those spacers, as you mentioned. Unfortunately, we don't have those available separately, just as a kit with the new latches, hence the cost.

If you'd like, I could get you some dimensions and pictures of just those spacers, so that you could try for some alternative and cheaper options, unless you already secured a way to do so.

Let me know!
  9. theloop

theloop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please don't tell me that there will be racks for the 2015 650 Versys.

[​IMG]
  10. MotoMachines

Oddometer:
    Is that a bad thing?
  11. theloop

theloop Long timer

Oddometer:

It is when you tell your wife that you are done buying bikes because you found the one that meets all your needs, my CB500x, Then the new 650 Versys comes out that is just a little taller, and has a few more horses, and my Black Hepco Becker xplorer cases would look great on the white Versys.
  12. MotoMachines

Oddometer:
    That is quite the dilemma! :D
  13. cevers57

cevers57 n00b

Oddometer:
    Without C-Bow...

Attached Files:

14. cevers57

cevers57 n00b

Oddometer:
    With...

Attached Files:

15. cevers57

cevers57 n00b

Oddometer:
    Not to bad looking without bags on...

Attached Files:

16. cevers57

cevers57 n00b

Oddometer:
    Now when will the royster bags arrive from Germany?

Attached Files:

17. MotoMachines

Oddometer:
    The c-bow carriers look pretty good, thanks for the pics! The Royster bags should be here before the end of May.
  18. Daishiknyte

Daishiknyte I'm Me There

Oddometer:
    The upper engine guards for the 500x paid off in a big way a few months ago. There's a noticeable lack of finish on one side, but the bike and my knee are both in one healthy piece after a gravel related low side. Darn solid kit y'all put together.
  19. MotoMachines

Oddometer:
    I'm glad the engine guards did their job, and that you seem to have walked away unhurt. Do you have any pictures?
  20. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello! Looking for a rear rack and side case mounts for a new Yamaha R3. I see the C mounts in Europe, coming here soon and is there a rear rack addition or separate piece?

Thanks!