Moto Photo Mexico - Two Weeks of Amazing Adventure!!!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by MotoPhotoAdventures, Jan 15, 2021.

1. PhillipsMetal

PhillipsMetal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was an amazing ride report. If you get through Montgomery AL again, ring me up.

My last trip up, I got green lighted through customs on the US side, but one of the officers was asking about my Garmin Spot, so I pulled over and shot the breeze with him for a while. I think most of these guys are from inland US, and their view of Mexico is right at the border, which is not Mexicos most shining area. The guy (which turned into a couple of guys) were interested in traveling Mexico. Hopefully they will get a chance to see the beauty it has to offer.

I have a couple of odd questions. First, when you are having the drone follow you, where do you put the controller? I am thinking of an attachment to the tank bag where the controls wont get moved around. Also, the wire coming from your helmet, is it a USB for your camera? I am going to go back to your early videos and see what I can glean from your video set up. I would like to do more video this trip down in addition to the one GoPro 3 on my helmet.

Thanks again.
  2. MotoPhotoAdventures

MotoPhotoAdventures Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi PhillipsMetal!

Thanks for the great comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed Mexico as much as I did! Here's an overview video on how we record our adventures: . And here's a review of the Sena 10c EVO, which I love: . This one device does the job of a GoPro, bluetooth to your phone or gps so you can listen to music, take phone calls, get turn-by-turn navigation, intercom with other riders (or with your passenger), listen to FM radio, etc. Best part is, it captures your audio! Catching the audio using a GoPro is really cumbersome and requires all kinds of wires and adapters to work right. The 10c EVO just does it all and it's completely built-in! Plus this allows you to shoot your helmet footage with the Sena, freeing up your GoPro to get what film-makers call "B-Roll"...shots from the handlebars looking back at you, attach it to your engine guards for a cool low perspective of the road ahead, etc. Here's our affiliate link if you decide to get one: https://amzn.to/35Pmk7d. All purchases help support our channel with a small commission from Amazon! As far as the drone, I have a RAM X-Grip on the handlebars where I keep my phone. Since I use my phone with the drone controller, I just attach it back to the X-Grip once I have the controller mounted to the phone. But you're correct, a tank-bag mount would probably be even better. By the way, I've also added a GoPro MAX 360 camera to my motorcycle adventure kit. It's a ton of fun and gets some really cool angles!!! Check out our latest adventure ride to see some shots of it in action: . I hope this helps. And I do plan to return to Mexico for a Moto Photo Mexico "Part 2". So I'll look you up if and when that happens! Are you on Bunk-a-Biker? Cheers...
  3. PhillipsMetal

PhillipsMetal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your reply! I will look into the Evo. Sounds like it would be a nice replacement for the Sena and GoPro. I am not on Bunk a Biker, but I will check it out.
  4. MotoPhotoAdventures

MotoPhotoAdventures Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You're very welcome! And that's exactly why we love it...this simple device does the job of both a GoPro and a Sena headset! Plus when you record on it, you catch not only YOUR audio (like if you're doing a solo moto-vlog), but also the audio of your fellow riders (if you're with a group and having a fun conversation like we often do). :-) If you already have a GoPro, using this device as your "helmet cam" frees up your GoPro to be used for other more creative angles that you can edit into your videos later. If you decide to get one, here's the link: https://amzn.to/35Pmk7d. Cheers...