Moto-Sport Panniers

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Sparky, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Sparky

Sparky .

Oddometer:
    I've just been looking at the Moto-Sprt Panniers, advertised as "Motorcycle Luggage Systems Designed For Adventure Motorcycling", also as "World Class Luggage, made in the USA".

Does anybody here have experience with these bags? If you do, can you report it here?

The bags are described at http://www.Motosportpanniers.com/

- S
  2. pbansen

pbansen Hosehead

Oddometer:
    I had a pair of the Moto-Sport panniers on my R100GS. They mounted to the original bag mounts and were well made and very stout. Very simple lid attachment with decent locks. Straight sidewalls - easy to put things in and out, nice liners. They hold a lot and are reasonably priced. Mine were smooth aluminum that had been powder coated a light silver color - nice looking.

Downside? They won't pop off following an impact like the Jesse bags and are clumsier to install and remove - require an Allen wrench. Look like big ammo boxes, which you may or may not feel is a disadvantage. Definitely a little bulkier and less efficient than the Jesse panniers. If you fail to fasten both catches on the lid, you could watch it bounce down the road behind you in the mirror...

A nice product - sturdy, simple, hold a lot of stuff, reasonable price. Four and a half stars.
  3. Global Rider

Global Rider Alps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Canada & the Alps - N 46° 31.714' E 010° 27.212'
    I had a look at the Moto Sport Pannier site about a week ago since I am looking for a set of aluminium cases.

I can't comment on the fit, finish or construction since I could only do so if I saw them, but from their web site, their bags are small. Thats fine if the volume suits you, but I'd sooned have empty space in my bags instead of wishing I had more room.

For comparison, the MS panniers are 6.5" and 9" wide. Most other bags are 9.5" and 11.8" wide, give or take depending on the manufacturer.

Check out Carlo's Aluminium Panniers Page at http://reiseenduro.de/users/carlo/english/motorbike/technic/panniers.htm
  4. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    I have been considering the Aerostitch tankbag panniers for my GS! I Know they are not waterproof! Can anyone suggest other brands, (haven't seen any others) or comment on the Aero"s?:1zhelp