MOTO Thursdays at Edison City Alehouse, Tacoma WA

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Lumberjeff, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Every Thursday is MOTO Thursday at Edison City Alehouse in Tacoma. They will bring up MOTO related videos on YouTube or you can bring in a MOTO related DVD and they will play it on the TV. At the moment they do not have food available on Thursdays but that might be changing. You are free to bring food in or have it delivered if you are hungry. They are 21+ and have a great draft beer selection that includes a little bit of everything as well as a handful of ciders on draft. They also have a large bottle/can selection to choose from that covers all of the bases from IPA, Pale, Porter, Stout, Sours, Ciders and everything in between. I usually park near the front door and arrive around 4pm. I typically stick around until 7pm or so but they are open until 11pm. There is a outside beer garden area in the front and a dozen or so tables inside. Let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully this can turn into a great weekly meetup for Adventure Bikes, Battle Scooters and everything in between.

See ya Thursday!
  2. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    I just arrived at Edison City. I brought a Six Days ISDE video to watch. Perfect day out for a ride! 20200227_160520.jpg
  3. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pic! Brings back alot of memories. It used to be called Tacoma Brew I believe. I knew the owners then very well and got all their German beer stuff when they sold out. Lived about 5 blocks up the street and worked down 56th a bit wrenchin at a place. Definitely my old stomping grounds. Hopefully if this keeps up i'll be able to join you some Thursday. If you swing into the head shop next door you can say "hello" for Eric. Joni is her name and used to own that place. My old buddy actually built all the wood counters in there if they are still there. Cheers!!
    Lumberjeff likes this.
  4. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can’t make it @Lumberjeff , but a buddy and I are meeting Sunday morning for b fast https://www.nisquallybarandgrill.net/ 8:30am and then we’re going to hop over the mountains to dusk point, wynoochee lake and Humptulips and round back to oly And white center for me. Me 1190r and a 1150 GSA. Cold and muddy day but it should be fun. Anyone is welcome. We ride fairly fast and stop for beers.
    Lumberjeff and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  5. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    We had a few people turn out for the first one. Hopefully more next week and even more the week after. Come on out everyone! I'll be here for another hour or so. 20200227_181225.jpg
  6. PaulBarton

PaulBarton Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Lumberjeff - Jeff - it was great to meet you and thanks for getting the ball rolling and organizing last night. High hopes for increased attendance as we start rolling into spring.
    Lumberjeff likes this.
  7. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    I regulated myself well last night and made it out dirt bike riding today. 20200228_113820.jpg
    thirsty 1 and PaulBarton like this.
  8. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    You are correct. Before it was Edison City it was Tacoma World Beer and before that it was a head shop that even sold water beds back in the day. I have met Joni and her husband many times. The new owners have done a great job of turning it around and will be celebrating their 5 year anniversary on Friday the 13th next week. Hopefully you can join us some time.
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  9. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    It was great to meet you as well Paul. Thank you for making the trek down from Seattle to join us.
    PaulBarton likes this.
  10. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    It is MOTO Thursday! I will be at Edison City Alehouse from 4pm until around 7pm. I have a couple of DVDs that I will bring out but feel free to bring one of your own. See ya tonight!
  11. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    We had twice as many people show up yesterday as compared to last week. We are off to a good start! Next week I will be there Thursday as well as Friday for their 5th anniversary party.
  12. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    MOTO Thursday is upon us once again. It looks like we will have nice weather and I will probably ride my vintage Vespa today. I plan to be there at 4pm and will stick around until about 7pm. Come on out and lets see if we can double our attendance for a second week in a row!
  13. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Fantastic day for a ride, come on out! 20200312_160500.jpg
  14. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Since we can't meet at Edison City, I went out to the woods today. It was perfect out and I picked up a few beers from the small businesses and breweries that were offering to go items on the way home. If anyone wants to join me next Thursday let me know. 20200319_111120.jpg
    nw_gser#0001, Gootch and thirsty 1 like this.
  15. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Well, after everything got shut down last year things are starting to open up again. I spoke with the owners of Edison City Alehouse and we are a go for MOTO Thursday again. They have expanded the outdoor area and have limited seating indoors. I will be there this Thursday around 4pm and will plan on staying until about 7pm. Hopefully a few people show up.
  16. orangeradish

orangeradish Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll try to get over there this evening after a test ride I have set up. Thanks for posting this!
  17. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, it's after 6pm now. Only a few people showed up, hopefully we will do better next week. I'll be leaving around 7pm. I hope your test ride went well.
  18. orangeradish

orangeradish Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great meeting you, man! Hope to get there a little earlier next week.

Went with the Yamaha..... PXL_20210409_230253711.jpg
  19. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I am at the Parkway now and did remember to say hello to Nick for you. He knew who I was talking about and was happy to hear that the pool cue is still being used.
    orangeradish likes this.
  20. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Great day at Shelton today, I'll be at Edison City tomorrow. 20210414_121310.jpg