1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Moto Trials affected by Covid-19....

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Norman Foley, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is not about.... oooooh my precious hobby is in danger, and that's more important than the life threatening effects of the pandemic. If you have a political agenda, please take it to my old post that Mods moved to CS&M Forum.

Italy is being affected seriously. National Federation the FMI, has cancelled a National Enduro Championship event. All Motorcycle Sporting events are suspended until 3/15/2020. It looks like they will attempt to run the National Trials Championship Event, but spectators will be barred. Training in public areas will be allowed, but again... no spectators or non-essential people allowed. People are supposed to keep a 1 meter distance between each other. Italian TrialGP round is July 4-5, hopefully it will be held.

Supply chain items from China and Italy are starting to make their effects felt in the sport. Watching to see if it pops up in other Trials Countries, such as UK.
  2. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    It's even affecting MotoGP.
    jonnyc21, Brewtus and Norman Foley like this.
  3. RainyDaze

RainyDaze Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My local club in Seattle, Puget Sound Trialers, suggested those concerned bring their own hole punch on Saturday to mark scores, vs sharing one among the group. So happy they didn't cancel despite the panic around here!
    DyrWolf, Huzband, jonnyc21 and 2 others like this.
  4. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
  5. heffergm

heffergm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just FYI, it's 'Covid 19'. While I perhaps do 'Covet 19 [year olds]', I'm a little too old for that now...

L’età
    Scrive l’ISS che l’età media dei pazienti deceduti è 81 anni: e che ci sono 20 anni di differenza tra l’età media dei deceduti e quella dei pazienti positivi al virus. La maggior parte dei decessi — 42.2% — si è avuta nella fascia di età tra 80 e 89 anni; il 32.4% dei decessi erano tra 70 e 79; l’8.4% erano tra 60 e 69; il 2.8% tra 50 e 59 e il 14.1% sopra i 90 anni. Le donne decedute dopo aver contratto il virus hanno un’età più alta degli uomini. L’età mediana per le donne è 83.4, l’età mediana per gli uomini è 79.9.

The average age of the deceased individuals (in Italy) is 81 years. 42% of the deceased were between 80 and 89. Only 2.8% were between 50 and 59. Furthermore, over half of the deceased had other pathologies present.

So if you're older and have other health issues, certainly take precaution, but the idea that this is killing otherwise healthy people in their younger years is fiction.
    Johno33772, fprintf, Sonny S. and 4 others like this.
  6. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    I posted from my phone.... Auto correct.... Fixed! :type
    Huzband and Brewtus like this.
  7. heffergm

heffergm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These places are my second (and third?) homes. The biggest crisis in very short order for the people there now is going to be a lack of foreign tourist dollars. Do me a favor, hop on a plane (end of the month Boston to Rome, $300!!!). I can hook you up.

Todi, Umbria

me.jpg

Sepino, Molise
    Schermata 2020-03-06 alle 6.56.32 AM.png
    DCrider, Amphib, MT 007 and 7 others like this.
  8. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Events and gatherings are being cancelled here in the States, too. My wife had a large work conference cancelled that was going to be in Dallas in a couple weeks. This is just getting started and I applaud the event organizers in Europe for being proactive.
    tlrmark, aai and Norman Foley like this.
  9. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    IMG_0073.png
  10. Hoss Cartright

Hoss Cartright 219.474.6657

Oddometer:
    X-Trial Wiener Neustadt cancelled as a result of the Coronavirus[​IMG]

The Austrian government's decision to ban events with more than 100 spectators forces the postponement

Wiener Neustadt’s Arena Nova will be unable to host the sixth Round of the X-Trial World Championship as planned on 21st March.

The Austrian government has announced measures to curtail all events with over 100 spectators in order to reduce the risk of the spread of Coronavirus, prompting the cancellation of the X-Trial.

The final of the 2020 FIM X-Trial World Championship will take place in Andorra la Vella (AND), on April 25, 2020.
  11. Hoss Cartright

Hoss Cartright 219.474.6657

Oddometer:
    X-Trial of Nations in Liévin postponed

The decision from the French government to ban public gatherings of more than 1,000 spectators as a result of the Coronavirus crisis forces a change of date

The FIM X-Trial of Nations that was due to take place in the Liévin’s Arena Stade on 3rd April has been postponed in accordance with the urgent decision taken by the French government to prohibit public gatherings of 1,000 or more people.

The executive decision from the Élysée is a response to the Stage Two alert level in the country that has been brought about by Covid-19 (Coronavirus) and the need to put into place social distancing measures to avoid further spread of the virus.

Promoter 2Play in conjunction with the the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), the Fédération Française de Motocyclisme (FFM) and event’s local organiser are evaluating if it will be possible to re-schedule the event later this season.

Spain, France, Great Britain, Italy and Norway will be the 2020 FIM X-Trial of Nations’ participants.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  12. playinatwork

playinatwork Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I replied to the email from Beta with one word; Pussies. Jeez, it's not the Manflu.
    Brewtus likes this.
  13. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    :photog
  14. slicktop

slicktop Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had beta 2-day parts from Italy before.
    Wouldn't want to do it now.
  15. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    I wonder when they're going to ban people from going outside.
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  16. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    When it`s legal to shoot at will!
  17. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Easy now. Let's not get this one punted down to the circus.
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  18. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seattle Supercross was just canceled for March 28th.
  19. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Seriously?

Well, it's Seattle. We all know what a bunch of wusses they are.
    Junglejeff1 and Brewtus like this.
  20. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Oh my Gawd.... :csm
    goinsriding and Huzband like this.