Moto Trials affected by Covid-19....

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Norman Foley, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    If +- 20,000 overweight, old Harley riders don’t die after Sturgis, I’m calling :topes
    Brewtus likes this.
  2. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lot will be sick unfortunately. Yesterday I got informed by my friend that helped get me into trials that he is sick.He went in for testing today and will know for sure soon.All I can tell you is my experience. At 1st I thought it was political bs and it is.Both the right and the left said it was under control in the beginning. They turned this whole thing into a shit show.As the cases started to ramp up locally I started to think there might be something to it.Now I definitely know it's real because this area is climbing rapidly. Many here now have friends and family with shitty experience with it.Common to be sick for 3 weeks and still feel shitty 3 more weeks.Some like my friend in a Milwaukee hospital not so lucky and he is only 57.I get daily reports on him and they still have him on a ventilator for over 3 weeks now.His oxygen is 90% now with help from the ventilator. The ventilator was a last ditch effort to keep him alive but now he will need a lot of physical therapy if he survives. He has a lot of lung scarring from this shitty virus.Even through govenor witless has a mask and social distance policy very few up here go by it.A lot of the issue is because of politics. Americans do not like taking orders that we feel remove our freedoms. After experiencing having friends getting sick I am more careful now but continue riding and doing most everything I always did but I keep some space. Screw the politics and news and just try to keep some space as this is a nasty little virus. I truly hope it does not grow into your area like it is getting here.Reality is now hitting this area and it really sucks.
    DyrWolf, oldtrialer and Gordy like this.
  3. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also he is just blowing smoke and not facts.Hang time is a big thing as the longer it is in the air the more virus becomes inactive.A mask vaporizing the droplets coming out of you mouth lesson its range and help it become inactive faster also.The amount that you take in with this virus seems to have a effect on how bad you get nailed by it in the studies I have seen so far.I definitely don't think a mask is a cure all but I would rather have a person coughing towards me had one on as at least it would give me a extra second to back off.I cough a lot because of allergies and still get dirty looks when I have a mask on in the stores.Also good to wear in some areas here so karen socker moms don't go postal on you at gas station (I was scared lol).
    Takataka likes this.
  5. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Agree Jeff that the politics has really messed up any sensible response to this.
    The response was both under-blown and over-blown at the same time......by everyone!!
    First it was no masks needed, then N95 masks all the time, then only when you can’t social distance, then wear eye protection, bandanas are ok, wear a mask except when I don’t want to wear one while telling you to wear one, and on and on.
    It’s a virus and is bad. All I can say is we will never be the same and I’m sure that society will freak out and lose their collective shit every flu season from now on so you better hold on.
    I really hope your friends are ok.
  6. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    I missed this announcement....
    Scott Trial Falls Victim to COVID-19
    Richmond Motor Club 17 July 2020
    [​IMG]On what would have been day one of the Reeth Three Day and the launch of the 2020 Scott Trial and after much consideration and deep regret, Richmond Motor Club have made the difficult decision to cancel this years Scott Trial.

Even though some trials are now being allowed and the Dales are starting to open up it was felt that if the Scott was to run this year there would be so many restrictions and changes that the very essence of the trial would be so badly compromised that it was better to cancel this year and come back with a true Scott in 2021. Some of these restrictions and changes would include no awards presentation, no results on the day (it would be immensely difficult to run a safe results room with the number of people needed to produce them on a very tight schedule), no spectators or rider back up teams (very difficult to marshal everyone sticking to the Covid 19 rules) and petrol stops would be impossible to run with the social distancing and PPE needed for the multiple volunteers not to mention the risks to them. There are many, many different strands to the Scott all of which we have thought very carefully about.

There is also the additional strain to the Emergency Services including the Swaledale Mountain Rescue Team and most importantly we needed to put the safety and welfare of all our landowners at the forefront of our discussions.

We hope you all understand this very difficult decision and look forward to seeing you all for an epic Scott Trial next year.
  7. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some good news.My trials riding friend is feeling much better today.He got his results and is + but today no fever and feeling great.4 days of fever and hope he kicks it completely quick.
    oldtrialer, jonnyc21, DyrWolf and 2 others like this.
  8. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

jonnyc21 likes this.
  9. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Well, it's an improvement.

:hide
    jonnyc21 and lineaway like this.
  10. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I wonder what percentage of people who went to Sturgis will suffer the Corona?
    MATTY and jonnyc21 like this.
  11. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    One of our local attorneys sponsored a 40 k trip out there air fair, house. bike rental the whole deal . Radio add says follow them on facebook. Thought it strange a lawyer would post potential evidence online. Imagine coworkers get sick from guys partying online.
  12. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    :scratch

:lol3
    MATTY and DyrWolf like this.
  13. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    That`s why I was hiding in a place with no internet, not a chance to get a virus online!.
    MATTY, DyrWolf, oldtrialer and 3 others like this.
  15. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We'll never know, those 20,000++ will be dispersed all over this country and will not be tracked. However I will be surprised if the panic loving news doesn't find one somewhere that dies and that will be a big story for awhile. I hope not but still..
    But it seems more and more I am personally learning of survivors of covid. Met one this morning, he said he's been over it for a month now. No after effects, I'm guessing he is mid 60's.
    Huzband, Brewtus and jonnyc21 like this.
  16. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was so stupid that all they talked about on the bought and paid for news was sturgis. They never mentioned the 21 people that got shot in Washington. The biggest mass shooting in the u.s this year and nothing on the news.
    MATTY and jonnyc21 like this.
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    DyrWolf, Junglejeff1 and jonnyc21 like this.
  18. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I'll just say they couldn't put that on the news because it doesn't fit the agenda of the moment.
    Huzband and Junglejeff1 like this.
  19. oldtrialer

oldtrialer Trials since 74

Oddometer:
    The Candytown MC vintage and modern trials September 12th & 13th have been canceled. There wasn't enough interest for checkers and the club didn't want to take any risks. Plus those of us who officiate the events are in the high risk group. I believe this is the first year in 50+ years there won't be a trials at Candytown. The only upside is, we already have sections picked out and mostly cleared for next year.
    DyrWolf, SherpaT and Norman Foley like this.
  20. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    So my daughter has 4 kids in Elementary School and one in the 8th grade. She lives on a large ranch. First week of this virtual learning, they could not get connected with the satellite. This week all was good, but the oldest could not get logged into first period. She had emailed the teacher each day and my daughter had talked to the principle too. So today at about noon a Sheriff shows up to do a wellness check. I feel for that cop as she is MY daughter. The Cop, the teacher, the Principle and his secretary knows my daughter real well now. By the way she lives on the former Governor`s family ranch. The Kings.