Moto Trials affected by Covid-19....

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Norman Foley, Mar 5, 2020.

1. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    That's because nobody wants to get a colonoscopy.
    Brewtus, Junglejeff1, Huzband and 3 others like this.
  2. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update on my Harley riding friend.They will be shipping him up to a care facility in his home town of Menominee mi.He is breathing on his own now and do5much better. Going to be a long recovery for him but he is doing way better.Will be allowed to visit him Tuesday but will have glass between us.Trials ridi6friend is fully recovered and never had more than a fever and tired for a week. He skipped the trials last week just in case he could still infect people.Planning a trials get together in Marquette mi on some awesome terrain first weekend of October.
    DyrWolf, y4m4, Huzband and 4 others like this.
  3. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Day 56 and I got to visit my friend today. He is now in a health center for 32 days till they kick him out.His insurance only pays 32 days in there so he gets booted when that runs out.He walked 10 feet today for the 1st time.His left leg has been pretty paralytic from all this bs.I had to stand outside his window and talk to him on phone.He lost 85 lbs in those 56 days.He has the shakes and is still on oxygen. His lungs are pretty fucked up at moment. His girlfriend and son tested negative and he is wondering how the heck he did not give it to them or get it from them.After 15 minutes he could not hold his cell phone up any longer because talking tires him out.Said good by and went to his house to tend his garden and pot plants.It was quite the mess and wife and me raided the garden of tomatoes and peppers and I trimmed his pot plants up as they were over bushy.Be careful out there and try not to get this shit as it really wrecks some people. We are getting a close group together to help him out when they boot him as unfortunately it is going to be a long ass recovery for him.He pointed at me and said I beat covid but his fight ain't over with yet.
    BEEF706, FASTRacing, MT 007 and 3 others like this.
  4. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your a good friend
    BEEF706, 2whlrcr, FASTRacing and 5 others like this.
  5. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just like getting your oil changed. Nice and convinient, except I cannot see to drive out the other side. 20201003_092453.jpg
  6. ivsforever

ivsforever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your check engine light is on!
    DyrWolf likes this.
  7. FASTRacing

FASTRacing Pant Antler

Oddometer:
    :nortonUmm.. ABS .....
    Huzband likes this.
  8. BEEF706

BEEF706 King of the dumb dab

Oddometer:
    Line, is that in Moriarty, or in ABQ?
  9. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    They closed Balloon park testing. San Mateo & Mcleod is the NEW testing for Pres.
  10. BEEF706

BEEF706 King of the dumb dab

Oddometer:
    thanjs Line
  11. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    So New Mexico hit a high of 577 yesterday. The Governor will be freaking out this afternoon on her weekly Covid response. I sure hope we can have our Halloween event.
  12. motobene

motobene Motoing for 49 years Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last week we went to Old Town in ABQ. Normally this time of year with Balloon Festival it's standing room only. Old Town was almost empty. Few people drifting around the whole place. The Rattlesnake Museum was open again so I bought things to help the fellow out. He said the might not survive, as they had to keep feeding all the snakes despite being closed. We walked by many a store with no one in there, just the one employee or owner behind the cash register.

Some states declared defeat in many economic categories (like the Balloon Festival) many months before it was known how bad the pandemic would actually turn out to be half a year in advance. I understand the need to social distance and take precautions, but the consequences of over-governing economic activity, particularly in some states, are, and are going to be, HUGE and very long lasting. For many people, far more fatal than this odd virus that does nothing or almost nothing to most people but can really nuke or kill a small minority.

I still know of almost no one personally that's gotten Covid-19. Two of our friends developed odd symptoms last week of relapsing fever and headache and isolated themselves. They got tested, but the results slow coming. The governor is sitting on the fast-test kits, which they've had for weeks.
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  13. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very different here but between Michigan and Wisconsin about 300k cases have been confirmed. I quit counting on people I know that recovered or has it.Another friend picked it up from a coworker last week at body shop.Mask order and social distancing is a joke here with half the people. My neighbor's band has a band gig in Wisconsin this weekend and no masks required and it will be packed.I went to a local bar friday to pick up a fish fry to go.Place was busy and a drunk gave me a hassle because I had a mask on(not even the workers are wearing masks in the bars).I don't know if they work but not hurting me to wear one.Even my chiropractors 80 year old father had it.Except for my 1 friend that should be out of rehab on 23rd every one else only had more mild symptoms and felt good after 2 weeks or less.The schools are usually not open more than 3 days before they shut down due to cases but the bars are running wide open.You can go get drunk anytime but forget about getting a hair cut.It is a f$$$ing joke.
  14. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Not going to get into a pissing match over masks versus no masks.

That said, I live in the NW 'burbs of Chicago and know no one that's gotten sick. However, my wife is a cancer survivor which makes her high risk. I wear an N95 mask whenever I go out. If someone doesn't like it, they can insert one of their thumbs into one of their apertures for all I care.
    DyrWolf, Junglejeff1 and rokhopr like this.
  15. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a big difference between an N95 properly worn and all those floppy ass cloth ones that Pelosi can`t seem to keep over her nose! Almost all women wear those and they just look better, BUT.....
    Bronco638, Huzband and Junglejeff1 like this.
  16. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    It was a nice break from the sheeple last Sunday at the fun trial. Not a damned mask in sight. Hell, even a few of the unafraid dared to shake hands. :nod
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Today when I went to Wally World was the first time I had seen a mask in a week. I should get a third surgery on something.
  18. motobene

motobene Motoing for 49 years Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a ride scheduled for two days ago with a friend. Three days prior both he and his wife started getting sore throats and headaches that would come and go. They both got tested and the results came back negative. But it was too late for the ride.

We laughed it off with, "2020 sucks."
    jonnyc21, Buschog and lineaway like this.
  19. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Covid is not scaring me as much as what I am seeing in Michigan and Wisconsin.Shit is starting to hit the fan now and strong running corporations are really starting to lay off big time.2021 is going to be a financial wreck from what I am seeing.Only place that is still cooking hard locally Is a company in Marinette wis called Marinette marine corp.Goverment contracts and they shut down for nothing. If you have any welder friends looking for work easy to get in and pay is sweet.Only draw back here is you better like snow.
    jonnyc21 and Norman Foley like this.
  20. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    It's snowing here now.