MotoGP and MotoAM Combined COTA Spoilerfest

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    KTM qualified 5th on the 2nd row. There's progress being made.
  2. Dagofast

Dagofast Owner of one clean o-ring.

Oddometer:
    Honestly, am I the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when MM93's Honda didn't bump start? You know he would have ridden like a mad man. I was dreading how many riders he was going to bounce off of if he got going again.
  3. ridenm

ridenm Missing my emotional support squirrel Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was surprised. I remember hearing that was one of the things Honda had addressed two(?) years ago to avoid similar DNFs.
  4. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Its possible that the chain jumped the front sprocket and still looked normal on its way into the garage, whatever it was it was a sudden and total failure.

From my position at T15 I got the distinct feeling people were cheering Rossi’s assent to P1, not MM’s crashing. If Rossi hadn’t been in P2 I don’t think people would have been so excited.

Either way what everybody wants is for an exciting championship, and no one person running away with it. Which this race helped to make happen.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    That's definitely possible but I think JL's bike quit while not exiting a corner as where to two previous chain jumps for MM and JLo occurred at corner exit where it is hypothesized the swingarm is twisting.
    Achtung likes this.
  6. DR Donk

DR Donk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great to see Rins and the Suzuki win! I too wasn't disappointed when Mighty Mouse went down. The only thing I have against him is he's to dominating. Just like Rea (was) in WSBK.
  7. wiseblood

wiseblood Cognitive Dissonance Agent Provocateur Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:augie
    Roam likes this.
  8. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    Zarco wants the KTM to be a Yamaha M1....not going to happen. He needs to change his style otherwise he'll be a one trick pony.
    Pol rides the wheels of the thing and qualifies in 5th ends the race in 8th. Zarco needs to man up or he will get his arse handed to him by Oliviera.
    craigincali and Tijuana_Taxi like this.
  9. Mtneer

Mtneer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I attended all three days, stayed at the same hotel as Pramac Ducati team, saw them every morning at breakfast, except for Jack Miller they spoke very little English, they were sponsored by Lamborghini for the weekend and had 2 SUVs and 2 convertible sports cars, they all seemed nice my daughter got a photo with Pecco and high fived Jack before qualifying on Saturday. Miller let a small kid sit in one of the sports cars when he and his Dad were checking them out, they had a unique rumble when they pulled in and out of the lot. Pecco ate Lucky Charms for breakfast according to my daughter on race day.

I would have liked to have seen Rossi win but Rins was faster and had a better handling bike if you watched him close up in the esses from my perspective in the turn 15 grandstand with binoculars and according to the speed trap speeds had about 5-6 mph more top speed. I’m a Rossi fan but was glad to see Rins win, Miller might have been there also but he ran in deep to one and lost some time, still it was good to see them on the box.
    AUSSIEADV, Dick0, Angry Pete and 2 others like this.
  10. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Needs some Benny Hill music playing in the background. Some of us older farts will get that.

flexiflyer, gsuks, ridenm and 6 others like this.
  11. DR Donk

DR Donk Long timer

Oddometer:
    I get it! :lol3 Oh great! Now I have the Benny Hill chase scene music stuck in my head.
    gsuks and Shin1ichi2002 like this.
  12. Scoozi

Scoozi Long timer

Oddometer:
    JBird likes this.
  13. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Is anything ever Crutchlows fault?
    spacely, Richy, RCmoto and 1 other person like this.
  14. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Scoozi likes this.
  15. 78749

78749 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow. So at least 15 riders down in the 3 races Sunday.

At least 6 each in Moto 2 & Moto 3. 3 more in GP.
  16. 78749

78749 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got to chat with Miguel Duhamel on the tower yesterday. Very pleasant, friendly guy.
    spacely, Roam, browniez and 5 others like this.
  17. NMEXPAT

NMEXPAT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I attended all 3 days. Watched from the esses, turns 3-5. Crowd definitely cheered when Marc fell each time on the monitor and every time Rossi ride by in P1. Right or wrong that's how the crowd felt.
    Personally it was a relief to know there would be a new cota winner, rinse or Rossi.
    I've attended COTA every year except 2018.

The biggest complaint this year was the free motorcycle parking was about as far away as possible. Talk about alienating the core demographic. I sent COTA a nice little message that whom ever genius that made that decision should be fired. The lots we used to park in were empty for all intensive purposes. Great unconscious signal to send to fans, where they fit in and how they are valued. It was discussed in the shuttles.
    mauroarriagada, silsen, 78749 and 2 others like this.
  18. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :fpalm
    flexiflyer, Oscar, hoggjaww and 4 others like this.
  19. TS888

TS888 Deer dodger Supporter

Oddometer:
    14203756447_d4fe404be1_z.jpg
    psycho klr, shoeb, 78749 and 3 others like this.
  20. 78749

78749 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There was a Statesman article last year that said the contract is up after this race. I don't know if that's right or not, but I do get the feeling MotoGP is done at COTA. The tone of the riders complaining about the track, the track announcers complaining about the riders complaining about the track, etc. It just all seemed to me as if the breakup is imminent, or has even already happened. What you described re: the parking just seems like another F you from COTA with MotoGP on the way out the door. Hopefully I'm wrong, but we've seen this show before with other series or events leaving COTA, even prior to the end of their contracts ...