MotoGP and MotoAM Combined COTA Spoilerfest

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Big Tall Bastard

Big Tall Bastard Voice of Reason

Oddometer:
    A touch of Robby Gordon in Crutchlow
    Tripped1 and craigincali like this.
  2. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just watched both MotoAmerica Superbike races from COTA on their streaming platform. Race 1 was fantastic and Race 2 was more of a tense chess game. Can't wait for VIR.
    kbuckey and RememberTheFallen like this.
  3. mauroarriagada

mauroarriagada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s quite an offense
  4. shoeb

shoeb Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope you've heard right; good riddance to COTA I'd say. And while we're at it, bring the UK round back up to Donny Park!
    silsen and RememberTheFallen like this.
  5. GRIPP

GRIPP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Donnington park..That's the go kart track right :lol2. Seriously, with these moto gp rockets now pushing 300hp I highly doubt theyd go back there. Same with Laguna seca. Both brilliant tracks in my opinion though.

Some one said something about spa ? Now that would be a cracking circuit for moto gp . Exiting eau rouge in full lean and the front wheel up will be a sight to behold.:clap
  6. shoeb

shoeb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha yeah, worth a try, it's half an hour from my house! :lol3
  7. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    I am happy with the MotoGP finishing order. I'd like to thank Rins' sponsor Honda for taking all three factory Hondas out of the race.
    Miller first Duc, nice. And Petrucci knows his place, which is behind Dovi. Funny how a shitty, bumpy track with too many first gear corners and too few passing spots actually turned out to be a fun race to watch.

As for MotoGP at cota next year, it'll all be about the money.
    78749 likes this.
  8. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    1. Yes, I cheered when MM went down. More from relief that we'd finally see a winner at COTA. MM still is king here though and still the best rider on the circuit.
    2. The rest of the riders may like the track better now that they know that one of them can win. Maybe they won't complain about the bumps as much...
  9. GeneralGarden

GeneralGarden Long timer

Oddometer:
    The main problem with Laguna was the size of the facilities, as far as I know. No support classes, and they offer half the fun of the weekend.

I'd love to see them in Cadwell Park. It's not like a BSB bike is any smaller than a MotoGP. Go for that jump.
    Salzig likes this.
  10. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Laguna made for such good racing,and............crap,its a shame Moto-Gp most likely wont ever go there again. Getting in and out is a nightmare but can be done.

The facilities arent big enough to bring moto-2 and 3?
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was my understanding the reason why there were no support classes at MotoGP, or World Superbike for that matter, at Laguna Seca was the track didn't want to pay for them. They only wanted the top classes, and would allow AMA Superbike to fill in the rest of the weekend, because it was cheaper.
  12. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    This is correct. And, supposedly, Laguna owed Dorna money though they are still hosting WSBK which means they must have a good relationship with Dorna.

Laguna is a fantastic venue and the surrounding area offers so much. The facilities are outdated but that doesn't seem to stop Rossi and several other riders from always naming Laguna when asked what track they wish was on the GP calendar.
    Serp, 78749 and Foot dragger like this.
  13. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Road Atlanta was always considered the most "European" of American tracks.

Though I've gone to about a dozen events there, I haven't been there in probably more than years.

Any inherent reasons why it wouldn't be a good US MotoGP stop? Could run it with a bluegrass festival to give the folks something to do :lol3
  14. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    Road Atlanta is a great track. I imagine it would need some infrastructure and safety upgrades which would probably mean major changes to the last turn; well beyond what they have already done. Unless the Whittington brothers buy the track again and go back into the drug business, its probably not happening.
  15. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    Back in the 2 stroke days the riders did not have any kind words for Laguna Seca. Bumpy and too small/short.

Road America would be a great track for the big bikes. Unfortunately it does not have any indoor facilities. Safety wise it also might have some issues. The "kink" was re-routed for the bikes years ago...
    stk0308 and bbrz like this.
  16. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Marc wouldnt have felt he had a decent enough buffer to ease up a tad. Oh Marc knows how to ease. All too evidenced by how he can wind it on when needs be.

Marc proving he is human.
  17. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Oh the drama! :fpalm
  18. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any chance they'd go back to Indy? I'm worried that if they lose COTA then they'd just skip the US altogether, especially with the addition of Finland.
    Roam, DC2wheels, 78749 and 3 others like this.
  19. bbrz

bbrz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Road America would be a wonderful track, But as pointed out above no fancy garage area, only 3 of the 13 turns would allow a safe get off, current tire construction would only last about 5-8 laps, and the track is out in the boonies compared to other venues. I live near Indy and have been to the GP when it was alive. My "racer" friends say that Dorna saw the success of that race and demanded more money, and the Hulman family said FU. Too bad, so sad.
    After the 500, Moto GP was the second "Greatest Spectacle in Racing".
  20. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer: