MotoGP: Misano 2 (Arrivederci, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer

Oddometer:
  2. Oscar

Oscar Acerbic Prick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, any of the older riders will now be looking at Peco, Fabio, Jorge Martin and The Beast and wondering how many more years they have left in the big show.
    There are also guys like Mir, Binder, Oliveria and Rins who, given a bit of luck and the right bike upgrade will be difficult to stop.
    Then of course there is the prospect of guys like Raul Fernandez and Pedro Acosta in the next few years.

All of these guys will approach 2022 & 2023 with an attitude of "Marc Who?".
    okiegtrider, twotyred, JHof44 and 4 others like this.
  3. tomo8r

tomo8r PEACE! BREAD! LAND!

Oddometer:
    What size nails should I use for afixing heads to coffee tables?
    twotyred likes this.
  4. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Outdoor or indoor table?
  5. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Marquez."

"The old guy whipping your young asses."
    Bentley and tinhead like this.
  6. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    He will win some races, as he has just shown, but his body is now too fragile for the risk taking style that lead to his dominance two years ago. Unless Honda builds him a bike that requires fewer, regular ‘saves’ and that fearless riding on the ragged edge Marquez Ballet. His recovery from those potentially career ending injuries will never return him to his pre injury fitness and physical capacity. This is the reality of being plated and bolted back together. Sad, but true.
  7. Big John Sny

Big John Sny Long timer

Oddometer:
    I could not believe they went with the hard after watching nearly all the satellite riders went down with it the day before.
    Cruz likes this.
  8. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think that was the most accurate statement in this post:lol3. Great race though.
    augerdin likes this.
  9. Big John Sny

Big John Sny Long timer

Oddometer:
    MM has finally gotten a podium on a clockwise track.
    He is aggressive at the beginning of races, he is still faster than nearly everyone in left hand turns, and he still seems to have good feel for the front end which allows him to brake really deep into corners. Oh, and he is still on the heaviest funded race team on the grid.
    He will still be around for a while. I personally don't see him winning another championship, but I have been wrong many times before.
    twotyred and Dualsport4ever like this.
  10. jjjjjjay

jjjjjjay Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good discussion and observations. Made me think how it could be nice if it could go either way. Have Marquez (blech) come through some years, but not in others. Maybe a nice rivalry. Some hope.
    Big John Sny likes this.
  11. Big John Sny

Big John Sny Long timer

Oddometer:
    Honestly, it got me thinking about Rossi. I probably would not have guessed he wasn’t going to win another Championship after the big leg injury at the time. He did get close once though.
  12. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    He's gonna win the title next year. Otherwise I agree. :lol2
    tinhead and swimmer like this.
  13. Prospected

Prospected Mountains' Rossi

Oddometer:
    Some of you guys talking like Marquez will be taking the Rossi back marker position with the young talent getting faster. Meanwhile he’s winning on his recovery year still on a POS that finally got a result. Ban yourselves...
  14. mpower13

mpower13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MM will be champion next year. New bike and another 6 months of recovery. Game over.
    tinhead, alienbogey and augerdin like this.
  15. twotyred

twotyred Practising Recedivist

Oddometer:
  16. philipbarrett

philipbarrett Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Marc said yesterday that Misano was a bit of outlier as with the weather on Friday & Saturday, the slower running allowed him to show up Sunday physically much more rested & healthy than he typically is by race morning. He also said the gap he had at the front allowed him to ease off and he could not have held Bagnaia's pace for another lap.

His words, not mine.
  17. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    I believe he is sand bagging with some of his comments. I think he will be at the pointy end next year.
  18. philipbarrett

Oddometer:
    He went a second a lap slower immediately following Bagnaia's crash, 4 seconds slower on the last lap.
  19. david61

david61 Queue, a word with 4 silent letters....

Oddometer:
    Marquez has won 3 races now, with 1 and 1/2 arms. If the new bike is half decent, and he's a little closer to full fitness, they wont see which way he went.....

While the "new breed" have certainly gained wins and confidence, they'll all have the thought of a fully fit Marquez lurking in the back of their minds.
    mpower13 likes this.
  20. philipbarrett

Oddometer:
    I'm not arguing that point, merely repeating his own words regarding Misano which are backed up by his lap times. I have no aversion to the guy, agree he's very talented, combines that with focus & hard work and deserves the success he's had. I do think the crash has made him a little more human personally too.
    Cruz likes this.
  21. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray Glistening Shaft Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been talking with a friend who is barely on here, as well as another MotoGP fan and friend I recently met who's not on here at all. Both say Rossi is turning the same lap times he always has, but everyone else got dramatically faster. I'm not a researcher, unless it's beer science and practice related. Is there any validity to these claims? I sort of doubt it.
    philipbarrett likes this.