MotoJug Hydration System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by lacofdfireman, Apr 18, 2015.

1. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer

Oddometer:
    MotoJug Hydration System purchase information.

Thanks for your interest in purchasing a MotoJug Hydration System. When your ready you can send $75 for each MotoJug Hydration System you’d like which also includes shipping to my PayPal direct link at www.paypal.me/motojug and then when we receive your payment you are put on our build list. We ask everyone’s to give us 10 days to ship but we are typically only 5 days out or so.

When you order your MotoJug Hydration System please include the Make, Model of your Motorcycle and let me know if it has passenger footpegs or floorboards. We have to have this information before we can build your bag. Providing this information upfront is very important so we can get started immediately. Please include this information in your PayPal notes. Thanks.

What comes with your MotoJug Hydration System

1. MotoJug Bag
    2. 5ft of Hydration tubing with cover
    3. Hydration tubing quick disconnect
    4. Bite valve for end of Hydration tubing
    5. Lanyard for hydration tubing
    6. 2 3ft straps to secure your system to your bike.
    7. Clear contact paper pieces that you can put on your bike where the system might come into contact with your Bike and rub the paint. Don’t have to use it but one of my customers gave me the idea and he said it works well. I personally don't use it.

[​IMG]

Also we are now only making the MotoJug Hydration System in Black. We use to offer a grey and red option but it required my wife to swap out thread colors and is kinda a pain on the serger machine. Also we rarely had orders for the two other colors so have decided it just easier and better to do a single color.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks,

Dave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was riding to work the other day on my 370 mile each way commute on my Super Tenere thinking how much I hate wearing my camelback. I know not everyone thinks the same thing but there are a few drawbacks for me. First because of my size I have to wear it inside my jacket. Doing this makes filling it up at stops a pain or maybe just a nuisance. Even with it inside my jacket it gets hot sitting right against my back and not letting the air circulate underneath it. Also after hours of wearing it starts to make you fatigued shouldering that weight. I realize not all of you feel this way but for those of you who do I have a solution for you.

I have seen similar systems to this but all were permanent and required modifications to either your Footpeg or luggage to bolt a jug carrier to. I had my wife sew up a nice 1 gallon jug bag that sits on the Footpeg. All you have to do to secure it is strap the Velcro straps around the Footpeg then secure a strap around the jug and then another strap at the top of the bag secured to either the rear grab rail or the frame of the bike under the seat. It goes on in literally under a minute.

To refill the jug no reason to remove the mounting straps simply loosen the center strap just an inch unclip 2 buckles and pull out the jug. Taking out and putting the 1 gallon jug back in is a 10 second max ordeal.

I run a piece of food grade tubing up to the front of my bike and it attaches somewhere up front like on a tank bag to a retractable leash. The leash allows the tube to stay put while riding. Simply pull tube to your mouth and drink all you want then when done drinking I blow the excess beverage back into the cooler to keep it out of the line so I have a cool drink every time I drink. When I'm done drinking I can simply drop it from my mouth and it retracts to its original position. This has made commuting effortless for staying Hydrated. I haven't walked into a store yet that wanted to charge me for ice and water. Easy fillip and I can stay in my jacket and not have to mess around with getting dressed down to access my camelback.

Another perk with this system is the amount of water you can carry. For camping water is always a great idea. We use it for cooking and cleaning and some places we camp don't have water so having a gallon is priceless. I run one on each side so I have 2 gallons if needed. Also having the weight on the rear passenger pegs keeps the weight low. Of course this system doesn't work if you carry a passenger but for those who ride solo it's a great investment.

I posted some photos of it online and immediately started having people ask if my wife would see one up for them. So my wife has been making these bags as fast as she can. Here is a photo of it on my Tenere and a photo of it on my RT also.

If your interested take a look in the Vendors section at this ad. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058738

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    IB Mike likes this.
  3. GeeK_InsiDe

GeeK_InsiDe Moore Gas!!!

Oddometer:
    Camelbak pouch in the tankbag works for me.
  4. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    hmmm how many litres of hot coffee is that?
    IB Mike likes this.
  5. _cy_

_cy_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    pretty slick .. what's the link?
  6. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    If I had that much to drink, I'd need another set-up like it on the other side so I could pee.
    bigjohnsd, fozrunner and MX Engineer like this.
  7. EmBeeZedEx

EmBeeZedEx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RTFM.... vent tube drains to asphalt.
    jmckeown88 and IB Mike like this.
  8. Rgconner

Rgconner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stick with my Geigerrig
  9. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer

Oddometer:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058738

$50 for the bag by itself and $75 for everything but the water jug. Water jug can be bought at Walmart for $8 so it would cost more to ship it then to buy it.

Not bagging on Camelback or geigerrig as I own both systems and they have there uses. I personally don't want wanted in my tank bag for a few reasons. First that's where I keep my electrical and also it takes up space. Putting the water on the rear peg doesn't take any useable space unless riding 2up and I donth have to carry it around. 1 gallon is a decent amount to give you some extra at camp also for cooking or cleaning. I have one on both sides when I'm camping but only one set up for hydration..
    One of my friends that uses my bag hooked up a 12v windshield washer fluid motor to his system and squirts the water in his mouth. It's nice but not necessary. It's super easy to suck the water out of the jug and then I like to blow the water back so there is not warm water in the tube. It actually basically drains itself back into the jug once your done taking a drink.
  10. macbethandbanquo

macbethandbanquo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Me too! Very easy and unobtrusive

Side mount looks like an Incubus.
  11. nameisdam

nameisdam Ride'm while you can

Oddometer:
    No relationship; however, have essentially the same setup with a half gallon jug.
    Easy fill with ice & lasts a long saddle day in the 80-90's. Like it better than back or tankbag mounted concept, 'cause like mentioned - it's out of the way & easy maintenance.
    If you aren't p'n, you aren't hydrating enough..... just sayin'
  12. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's nice having ice cold water all day long
  13. Jnich77

Jnich77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Neat!
  14. Unleaded

Unleaded Unit Train

Oddometer:
    Cool idea. I hope you guys sell a million of 'em. I use one I made from a Maxpedition thermos bag and a 54 oz stainless bottle, both from Amazon. Drilled a hole in the jug cap, and then punched a hole in the top of the bag and put a tarp grommet in the bag hole. Used a regular Camelbak hose with a quick coupler, so the bottle can be removed for refilling without unstrapping the bag from the bike. Easy enough. Not overly cheap - probably 75 bucks all-in, but love the simplicity, and should last forever. Doesn't hold as much as yours, for sure. Both the bag and the bottle are insulated, so water stays cold. Sits on the rear foot peg and straps to the peg mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Luckycharms

Luckycharms Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These are awesome!!! I would love one and am going to purchase one.
  16. black knight

black knight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i made a simple 1 gallon container bracket. it is bolted to the rear of my right ST1300 Pannier. it has 2 velcro patches or strips glued onto it. a gallon container was left at a local upholstery shop with my instructions. the insulated jacket has a zipper at the top, has corresponding velcro sewn on and a reflector strip across the back/rear. the red is 2 sided velcro, held on by a key ring at one side of the upper bracket that centers the top of the gallon container. it has another key ring on the other upper bracket that the red velcro can loop thru and velcro's back onto itself. that red velcro loops thru the insulated outer covering sewn on strap. it is very secure and out of the way for ease of bike operation.

this container unfastens in less than 10 seconds and i walk into any fast food place or gas station and fill it with ice and 10 seconds to replace it back on the bike. this system i made IS extremely user friendly and secure.

the [old copper tube was replaced] .... w/ SS 1/4'' tube fits down the drink spout and is attached to bite valve and long bite camel~bak blue tube. it is long enough for both rider and my wife . it has a 110˚ bend at the top and directs the blue tube in the right direction. thus NO kinks in the soft drink tubing

-- >> as simple as it may seem to others i still do NOT KNOW how to post a photo to ADV, I HAVE tried :):wink:

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_2177.jpg.html?sort=6&o=101

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_2850-1.jpg.html?sort=6&o=102

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_6140.jpg.html?sort=6&o=104

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_6141.jpg.html?sort=6&o=103

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_6137.jpg.html?sort=6&o=107

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_6136.jpg.html?sort=6&o=108

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_6134.jpg.html?sort=6&o=110

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/1951otter/media/ST1300/IMG_2847.jpg.html?sort=6&o=113
  17. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer

Oddometer:
    We tried the 1/2 gallon bags but sold very few compared to the 1 gallon so discontinued making them.

People are buying them like crazy. I'm just hoping mynwife can keep up with the demand to keep everyone happy. This Hydration System should be a universal fit but I'm telling people that if they order and are unable to make it work on there bike I will issue a full refund minus shipping so you'd only be out maybe $8 or so to send it all back to me.
  18. Unleaded

Unleaded Unit Train

Oddometer:
    This is great to hear, and I thought that might be the case for you. In the long-distance riding community, there is already strong demand for such a product. I think once others (like me, for instance), find out how much simpler it is to stay hydrated all day using none of your luggage space and nothing strapped to your back, demand will grow even more. Good luck!:freaky
  19. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Black Knight that's a great looking setup also. I've seen those before but I wanted something that didn't have me drilling into my bike. Yours works because it can be used with a passenger where mine cannot. I don't typically travel long distance with a passenger but I know some do. Mine is super easy to take on and off the bike and if I ever do go to sell it I can use it on my next bike just like this one. Also I won't have any holes drilled in my bike when I go to sell my bike that the new owner might not want. Yours is great idea though don't get me wrong. Good luck.
  20. Spyderrider

Spyderrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have this for sale:

Geigerrig Rig 700 Ballistic Hydration Pack
    Like new in Blue

80.00 in “as new” condition!!

Currently $140.00 on Geigerrig website

See review at: http://road.cc/content/review/63053-geigerrig-rig-700-ballistic-hydration-pack

This is a hydration pack like Camelback but with a lot of innovated features. This pack uses pressurized system eliminating the need to suck. Your lips never have to touch the nozzle. I bought this for my motorcycle trips realized that I didn’t like back packs on my motorcycle.

• Pressurized 70 fl. Oz. reservoir
    • Reservoir allows Easy fills, removal, cleaning and drying
    • Ergonomic Harness offers comfort load dispersement
    • Padded shoulder straps
    • Removable hip belt
    • Ventilated back panel
    • Sliding sternum strap
    • Has main 11.5 liter (700 ci. In.) gear compartment
    • Has a softly lined music player compartment compartment with external zipper
    • Frameless design

Benefits video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=95rlwdlhCm8

Attached Files: