Motoport gear crash tested at 70 mph

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by crashmaster, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Okie Preacher

Okie Preacher Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a Marathon Jacket and pants in AirMesh Kevlar and use the rain liners (top and bottom) and an electric jacket as well. I have about 45,000 miles on the set and they have performed well in all conditions. Liners are a bit of a pain, but they also add flexibility. In hot weather I generally don't bother with the liners as I am dry 15 minutes after running through a squall line. If the rain is going to extend for a couple hundred miles they are easy to slip into. In cold weather they do an excellent job of cutting wind and keeping a guy warm. When things get really cold, the electric jacket under the rain liner will keep a guy warm well down into the 20's.

They have kept me dry in driving rain and in day-long drizzle. For dedicated rain gear, maybe a Gore-Tex set would be preferable, but they probably wouldn't vent and cool as well as the AirMesh does. They have worked well for me over the miles and I would recommend them.
  2. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    So the jacket doesn't soak up water?

1911fan
  3. Okie Preacher

Okie Preacher Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I never notice. With the liners I stay dry on the inside, and the AirMesh seems to dry quickly as soon as the rain stops.
  4. s1marks

s1marks Mercedes

Oddometer:
    Correct. The air mesh just doesn't soak up water. It gets wet, certainly, but it's like wearing flexible, perforated plastic. When the rain stops the air-flow through it dries it quickly.

I concur with the preacher his description of the liners is spot on. I do find the pant liners a bit of a pain, to the point where I don't attach them to the pants. I just wear them as a separate layer between my jeans and my airmeash pants when I need them.
    S1