Motopowerpuck- Phone Charging Evolved

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CoastieAM, May 4, 2018.

1. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately there isn’t enough space to add the puck with that mount.
  2. Kerschbaumer

Kerschbaumer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Right on - thanks - the hondo clamp looks like worthy investment - was unclear to me if there is an option to integrate with a big squeeze? May be getting an ipad mini.
    PowerT likes this.
  3. PowerT

PowerT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hopefully this is a when, not if...
  4. CoastieAM

Oddometer:
    Hondo garage offers bigsqueeze with charging we don’t just contact them directly for assistance.
  5. CoastieAM

Oddometer:
    We are now offering the bottom cables with the SAE plug and BMW DIn plug for only $10 more this makes it a truly plug and play solution.
    CharlesH, AdamChandler and LyndonL like this.
  6. becsta

becsta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received my powerpuck today. There was a delay with delivery because of the smoke here in Canberra. Australia Post had ceased doing deliveries for a few days. I am hoping to get it installed either today or tomorrow. I will be using it with a Kyocera Duraforce Pro.
  7. CoastieAM

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear it arrived! Hope everyone is safe down there and the fires subside soon.
    becsta likes this.
  8. becsta

becsta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm installing my power puck I've got a fuse block so have cut off the fuse holder. The fuse that came with it is 3amp, I only have 2 or 5, my Garmin GPS had 2. Am I ok to use 2 or 5? If so which one is the better one. Or do I need to get 3?
  9. LyndonL

LyndonL n00b

Oddometer:
    5 would be better, but try the 2. If it draws too much, it'll blow and you'll just have to replace it.
    CoastieAM and becsta like this.
  10. becsta

becsta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks will do.
  11. CoastieAM

Oddometer:
    Latest review from Wheelspin Productions..

12. phlazm

phlazm ad maiora nati sumus

Oddometer:
    My Powerpuck arrived and it looks awesome but I have an issue. I went to unscrew the mounts to put them in the inner screw holes and the first screw was so tight my hex wrench head broke off in the screw. The other screw on the same side came out with the help of a heat gun (the other side's screws were fine). What can I do to get another screw to replace the one with the Hex head wrench tip stuck in it?
  13. Bruincounselor

Bruincounselor North Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Mondo-Hondo to the white courtesy phone
  14. phlazm

Oddometer:
    Just to let everyone here know, he reached out and was very responsive. Happy customer. I must say the unit it MUCH more beefy than I expected. Thought it was a bit pricey, but seeing it in person makes me realize I really am getting my money's worth.

EDIT: FYI, just found out the whole kit is made in USA. Now I'm more than willing to spend the cash.
  15. zaxrex

zaxrex I don't know. Do you know?

Oddometer:
    Just ordered my V2. Looking forward to installing it.
  16. phlazm

Oddometer:
    Anyone else having trouble with their iPhone 11 charging with the new 10w version of the Powerpuck? I installed the connector on two bikes and it won't charge on either. Not sure if it is an Apple thing or maybe I just got a faulty puck...
  17. CoastieAM

Oddometer:
    This is the first I’m hearing of this...sending you a PM for troubleshooting help!
  18. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor

Oddometer:
    It works great with my 11 Pro. One thing that you need to remember though is that the charging coil is not in the middle of the phone, it's closer to the top. Try sliding the phone down in the mount a little bit to line up the charging coil with the puck.
    AdamChandler and CoastieAM like this.
  19. zaxrex

zaxrex I don't know. Do you know?

Oddometer:
    I need to ask this question so I don't do something stupid in the future.

The old v1.5 powerpuck had an inline voltage regulator/reducer to take the voltage (into the coils) down from 12v to 5v.

I noticed the new one doesn't have this. Do the V2 inductor coils receive the full 12v?
  20. CoastieAM

Oddometer:
    Close but it’s a bit more than that. The v1.5 has a 12v to 5v converter inline to reduce the board voltage to 5v and thus the coils to 5w.

The v2.0 has no voltage converter inline as the boards are native 12v and provide the charge at 10w they also are self downgrading capable to charge 5w and 7.5w for devices unable to accept 10w.

We don’t recommend any modification of the over molded puck that cuts or opens the molding in any way and removing the inline quick disconnect on v2.0 voids our 1year electronics warranty. Additionally cutting the v1.5 cord above the voltage regulator voids the warranty as well as it is severely departing from the original design of manufacture.