Motopowerpuck- Phone Charging Evolved

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CoastieAM, May 4, 2018.

1. minisoda

minisoda Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ran across this thread and quickly ordered a puck... any chance you could get it here by next Wednesday? I’d be happy to pay for expedited shipping. Thanks!
  2. Trialsalot

Trialsalot Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got a problem......I bought a 2nd gen power puck last fall. It worked for a while but does not respond now.

I’ve checked that the lead coming off my bike and that directly plugs into the Pwr puck with my VOM and it shows 12.5V when the bike is off and 14.5V when running so I know the Pwr Puck device is getting power. My Puck doesn’t work when the bike is running or off and it does not show charging with either of my 2 devices (iphoneX or samsung G8 active).

I also connected my Pwr Puck to my other bike which I have a compatible connector on also and where it worked before but does not work now. I am a 65yr old engineer and not a racer so the device has not been crashed or abused and I think my diagnostic testing is careful and credible.

Any suggestions? ... Am I missing something? Thanks In Advance, Tom
    Emgo likes this.
  3. sims159914

sims159914 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m sorry I don’t have an answer but a question based on what you posted. Do you know what the name is of the two pin screw connector used on the powerpuck? I want to make another setup for a second bike.
  4. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please contact our support at Contact@motopowerpuck.com
  5. szurszewski

szurszewski Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey -
    I'm looking to upgrade a Perfect Squeeze with the fast charging puck, and I'd like to terminate that with SAE as I already have that at the bars on my bikes. I see a post from you, @CoastieAM , that you are offering the puck with an SAE connector for an additional fee. ...but it looks like to get the Juicer upgrade I need to order from the Hondo Garage site, and it looks like there is no option for an SAE plug. I can certainly cut off the connector and replace it myself, but as long as I'm paying for the upgrade it would be nice to pay a little more to have it all done for me ;)

Is there a way to order what I want from you or from @Mondo-Hondo ?

Loving my Perfect Squeeze and looking forward to the luxury of not messing with a charging cable for my phone!

thanks!
    Jeff@TheQuadShop likes this.
  6. CharlesH

CharlesH Support those who support you.

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a picture of the Motopowerpuck with their SAE end option that's now available?
  7. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I got the upgrade for my older PS. I took the bare thin gauge wires and soldered them to a heavier gauge pair of ring terminals I cut off a lighter adapter. Used small gauge heat shrink tubing over the thin gauge, and then the next size up over both that and the heavier wire. Mine is wired directly to the battery terminals, and seems to work okay.
    I am assuming that since it is connected directly to the battery that it will cause a parasitic drain, and so I disconnected the connector near the pad itself when I parked it for the day.
    On my Duraforce Pro that I use for navigation on airplane mode, it randomly stopped charging a few times for the first hour or so, but then seemed to stay charging the rest of the day once I removed and then reinserted the phone again. It basically just keeps up with the discharge rate, so if you start at 85% charge, that is about what you have at the end of the day. Curiously, it did not fully charge even with the bike turned off and parked for a while?
    It is nice to not have a charger cable coming out of my tank bag any longer, so now I can just flip the tank bag and fill the gas tank without having to disconnect the charging cable. I did take some paint and put two alignment dots on the factory connectors, as this will save wear on the indexing tab when twisting the connector back and forth trying to find just the right spot to slide them together.
    Overall, it looks like good quality, except the thin gauge of those connector wires? Not sure why so thin, and exactly where they are intended to be connected, but probably a switched source somewhere, and if I were going that route, I would likely use a Positap connector. Still, pretty hard to argue with the strength and reliability of a well soldered and heat shrunk joint.
  8. Gondul

Gondul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered a bit ago and took a bit to ship as he was waiting on a mount... finally got it installed and this is a sturdy mount.
    Holds my Note 9 nice and snugly... directions via the Cardo is nice, but I like look at a map from time to time.
    I cut off the 3A fuse and just wired it through one of the switched connections on the PC8 I also ordered.
    AdamChandler and CoastieAM like this.
  9. CharlesH

CharlesH Support those who support you.

Oddometer:
    SAE end by motopowerpuck. Great option to have and appears to be high quality work. Quick shipping by them too!

Attached Files:

10. marc11

marc11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone use this with a Google Pixel 4? Mine will not charge, it cycles from wireless charging to off back to charging to off continuously.

My pixel 4 charges fine on the pixel stand, in my Toyota Tacoma factory qi charging mat, a mophie charger and on an anker charger, but not on the power puck.

Anyone else have this issue?