1. eNewsletter Sign Up

MotoPumps New Pump! Help us name it and win a kit!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motopumps, Oct 25, 2015.

1. MtnRider

MtnRider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Received mine yesterday.....HOLY CRAP IT'S DINKY! I've seen the photos but it wasn't until I opened the box and checked it out did I realize just how compact you had it made. I'll be interested to see if it can seat a K60
  2. Motopumps

Motopumps Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! A lot of development work went into making it smaller and keeping the performance without any heat issues. I think you will be happy with it. There are a lot of variables in seating a bead. I have had great luck by spraying my windex like shield cleaner around the rim as I try to seat the bead. It is slippery when wet but dries with no residue and helps seal a bit as the tire seats.

The other benefit of the Air Shot is that it goes to 100 psi, so Tubliss users can use it to inflate the inner bladder as well as the tire.

Rob
    MtnRider likes this.
  3. moggi1964

moggi1964 Tiger Keeper

Oddometer:
    Enough posting pics and stuff. I'm in the UK and mine hasn't arrived yet. You're just spoiling the surprise guys :dirtdog

:D
  4. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got mine a few days ago, used it today to air up my tires when I got back to pavement. Works very well, made quick work of airing back up (I didnt time it, but well less than 1 minute per tire). It fits perfectly where I had planned for it to go (former ABS box on a KTM 990 along with a tool pouch). While it was daylight when I used it, I am sure that little LED would come in very handy at night! I really liked being able to monitor the air pressure as it pumped up by putting the gauge on it. The only extraordinarly small nit pick was I had a bit of difficulty screwing the air hose on my rear tire valve stem - hard to get my hand in there between the spokes, around the brake rotor, while trying to keep the air hose stretched out. I will get used to it and figure that out I am sure. (though a 90 degree angled tip would be handy).

Great product! I am very happy with it!
  5. MtnRider

MtnRider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't look at the pictures :jack

6. Brek81

Brek81 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

We have seated many beads with a bike pump, as rob said, lube of some sort is helpful. We generally use the stuff from napa, but soap and water or windshield cleaner work too
    MtnRider likes this.
  7. squid61

squid61 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rec'd the new pumps toady. Awesome. Smaller than expected. Hard to beat the original cuz of the built in pressure gauge, but this one fits under the seat of my bike.
    Great Job,Rob!
  8. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Appreciate it!

Rob
  9. moggi1964

moggi1964 Tiger Keeper

Oddometer:
    It's here!!!! So you can post your pictures now ;)

Gorgeous looking thing and so small.

Thanks for the great product; fast shipping and terrific value Rob. :clap
  10. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    :beer

Thank you, Sir!
  11. FriedDuck

FriedDuck Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer:
    Got mine last night. Looks great and the kit included with it is more than I expected. A nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Given the diminutive size, it is amazing how fast it inflates. :thumb
  13. Spam16v

Spam16v Squid Rocket Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, took it to Romney and it got some action. Thought I'd have to wait to use it. Aired down the heck out of my E07's and decided to air them back up with the new pump. It was dark, initially I was like wtf do I need a light for, beautiful feature. Took a lil while, it's a little guy but didn't take forever. I didn't read the instructions but I wasn't able to check the air pressure from the red cap valve, it was maxed out when inflating and didn't read after shutting it off, it was pouring rain so it's likely operator error. Just waited and set the air down to where I wanted and was tickled with the little spud. Very happy with the purchase and referred a couple other knuckle heads who heard it chugging away filling my tires. 10/10 would buy again.
  14. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are you drinking?
    Cheers
  15. Spam16v

Oddometer:
    Nada, typed it as I was going to sleep. I've already had my share anyway, I'm a quitter.
  16. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the post! Guessing that was a WET ride. We headed to VT the same weekend because it looked a bit drier. Had planned to head to VA/WV but re-routed.

Rob
  17. Spam16v

Oddometer:
    7 hours of rain Thursday, on and off sprinkles Friday & Saturday for some great riding and 7 hours Sunday back to Buffalo.
  18. 0theories

0theories Enthusiastically Skeptical... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi. How do I get one? If there is a wait list, please add me to it. Thanks!
  19. K1W1

K1W1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a big problem with my MotoPump.
    The unit I purchased in February 2007 is still running as well as the day I purchased it. It's done lets say a lot of miles on several bikes and besides some wear on the carry bag (a small hole actually) it's as good as the day it arrived in Australia.
    How the heck can I justify buying one of these new fancy pumps when I can't break the one I have?
    Please help this is serious.
  20. mountainfever

mountainfever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would like to get on the list for one of the next batch , sent to Canada please.
    pm on its way