1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Motor vehicles travel free on the Spirit of Tasmania.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by MLCRISIS?, Jan 12, 2021 at 11:16 PM.

1. MLCRISIS?

MLCRISIS? Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For those of you planning a trip down to the Apple Isle see announcement below, could save you approx $150 on a $1000 trip!!!

Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme update
    The Federal Government has announced that the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme will be temporarily increased, allowing passengers to take their standard vehicle for free. The increase will apply to new bookings made on/after 14 January 2021 for travel between 1 March and 30 June 2021 (unless sold out prior).

Find out more
  2. Just Dan

Just Dan Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer:
    Exccccept. The Spirit of Tas never give away anything for free.

Yes, your vehicles might be at a discount. The accommodation price increases to cover the cost of your free vehicles. All smoke and mirrors with TT Line.

After 35 crossings of Bass Strait. I have lost the Spirit,
  3. enookway

enookway Are we having fun yet?

Oddometer:
    Yep, they seem to go around in about a 5 year cycle.
    Over the past 25 years I've had a fair few trips with bike cost of zero, then it seems to creep up over the next few years until its about $100. Then the cycle repeats.

I did a dummy booking last week for April but the vehicle costs was still showing $120 each way. Total was over $700 with a bed for one person.
    Last trip I did was a few years ago (2016) but that was a family of 5 (in a cabin) and a car for $1200.