Motorace MITAS Tires update

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motorace, May 23, 2014.

1. Hollywood D

Hollywood D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of the + will ever be offered in the 90/90-21 size?
    Motorace and DonniBoi like this.
  2. donned

donned Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I mounted a Mitas e07 dakar + to my R1150GS back in the UK. I rode 1,000 miles unloaded before flying it to Toronto, loaded for touring, two up! We pulled onto a truck scale and topped 480kg for reference. We rode Toronto to Vanncouver, north up the Dempster to Tuktoyaktuk and are now currently in Revelstoke. We take the scenic route so have covered 11,000 miles loaded, plus the 1k back in the UK so 12k total. The tyre maintained is profile throughout, although you do get a rumble when you lean it over.

Photos are after the Dempster after 10k total and here in Revelstoke at 12k, plus one to give an idea of the load. This tyre has been a hero and i'm waiting on a direct replacement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. GotFog

GotFog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What tire pressure were you using?
  4. donned

donned Adventurer

Oddometer:
    38F 42R. Aired down on the Dempster to 32F 36R.

Also I got a wood screw in it at about 7k total and plugged it. It leaked at about 9k as I think the plug dried out, so I just forced it inside the tyre and jammed a new one in. That leaked at 11K total, same process and its still holding...I really need a new tyre. :)

[​IMG]
  5. Motorace

Motorace Black and Round pays the bills.

Oddometer:
    Yes. There is a slow rollout but it is coming this year.
  6. Motorace

Motorace Black and Round pays the bills.

Oddometer:
    Coming in our next box in August -

NEW - 110/80-19 E-07 PLUS DAKAR

NEW - 120/70-19 E-07 PLUS DAKAR

NEW - 170/60-17 E-07 PLUS DAKAR

We were surprised to learn of the 120/70-19 and 170/60-17 being offered in a Dakar casing as this design was not thought to have warranted the heavier casing, but apparently real-world use deemed otherwise.

Also, we will see the 90/90-21 and 110/80-19 in PLUS this season in standard casing. It was really just a matter of space in the container. The 100/90-19 will be last, as its the slowest selling size front we have.

In this box is more of the new 2CT Mitas Touring Force radial in 120/70-17, 180/55-17, 190/50-17 and 190/55-17. This is a brand new design and technology for Mitas. They are very proud of this tire.

I do not have prices for all these yet, but will after they land. We do the import, so we bare all the real-world costs. Its a bit of math to do the cost average.

Thanks!

dave@motorace
  7. The Cone of Silence

The Cone of Silence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I threw an E07+ on the rear of my 2018 R1200GSA last weekend and took it for a tear about int he bush, pressure on road 44psi, pressure off road 36psi, as advised by the guys at Tyres4Bikes. AMAZING. So much more grip than I'm used to, it gave me a great deal more confidence going through water, mud, puddles and even on sandy patches. I have a TKC80 up front and was running at 40psi on road, 33psi off road; this combination I was very pleased with as the bike tracked straighter and truer with much less lateral movement and oodles more grip than my previous Scorpion Trail IIs.

If this keeps up I'll do the same again next time.
    DutchOne and deadflagblues like this.
  8. Knolff

Knolff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any update on the E-07+ / 790 Adventure R combo? I think I saw on another thread that you are running it with a TKC-80 front. Getting ready to replace the Karoo 3 on my 790R and I'm strongly considering this combo so any input is appreciated. Thanks!
    tshansen likes this.
  9. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go for it!! This is the best jack of all trade combo I have ridden so far. The mitas are good on wet tarmac, and better offroad than the Karoo's... well, to be honest.. they are better than Karoo in every way. I will be so bold to state that the Mitas E-07+ rear are just as good as the TKC80 rear, just with a lot more milage :-) I just got my second mitas e-07+ rear tire delivered.
    Oceandiving954 likes this.
  10. Knolff

Knolff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How many miles do you have/expect to get on the original E-07+?
  11. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I only done 2000km and there is no sign of wear... I guy I know just past his 5000km mark with 6mm tread left. So how long they will last, have no ide. Hope to see something between 8000km to 10.000km with them (than I'm happy) But will keep posting updates and pictures for every 1000km... I'm of for a new Long trip in 2 weeks :-)
  12. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just gave myself a herniated disk trying to break the bead on my Mitas E07+ Dakar. After 8K miles I am close to wear bar. My ride is a BMW F800GS ( see photo ). Mostly country paved roads and some fire trails. 34 PSI rear and 32 PSI on Heidenau K60 on front. I could probably squeeze another 1,000 miles, but I was still hoping to make it up to Nova Scotia. I used to get around 12K miles with the old E07 with center tread.

The E07+ has a very tight fit around the rim. Combined with the stiff side wall, you'll need some serious fat based tire bead lube or pneumatic bead breaker.

Photo of my old Mitas E07+ on left vs. new on right. Size is 150/70 B17 . I am going tubeless on my next one.

td7OCFq5Rzq+CZvg4hzOjw.jpg
    PYG RYDR likes this.
  13. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seems like this tire is good for the little bikes. But for those of us on big bikes logging long miles it just sucks for mileage. They have lost a couple sales that I know of because the plus just wont go long distance. If i could have had the original e07s they would be on my bike now.
    simmons1 likes this.
  14. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is your definition of "big bike"? Does 535lbs with 80lbs of load and 2 people for or this is too small? I did Dalton like that then 2500mi on the way home. Tire had 14k then went another 10k between commute, trip to Montreal and a couple BRP runs.

Load irrelevant pressure isn't.

Edit: BTW until a few years back the max pressure posted on sidewall was 33 and people ran them at 30psi on S10 and were getting excellent mileage. Check Super Tenere forums good luck.
  15. DesertDonor

DesertDonor Deep Sand and Mud Detector

Oddometer:
    Say what? That is a tubeless tire, isn't it? I have one on my Vstrom.

Nearly the same setup as you, actually, although a 19" Heidenau on the front (110/80) vs. the 21" (I think?) on your F800GS.

I've been very happy with the Heidenau K60 Scout tires. I got just over 12k miles on the rear one (150/70 17") and am now past 12k on the front with lots of tread left.

Only part I'm not thrilled about is the price!

The E07+ Dakar is definitely a stiff SOB. I was happy to pay a shop $25 to mount and balance it.
    GF-kam likes this.
  16. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Clarification on my initial " tubeless " comment. As with most of these tires ...a la Conti TKC 80, Mitas E07+, etc....these only come as tubeless. With the understanding that riders with tube rims must insert a tube. My Mitas E07+ clearly states this on the sidewall of tire. What I actually meant to say is, that I am going to setup my rear 17" spoke rim on my 2012 BMW F800GS as a tubeless setup. I currently have a rim that has inside spoke nipples sealed with 3M 5220 sealant / adhesive. Later this winter, I will OUTEX the rim. I am done with manhandling the rear wheel ( remove it ) to patch a tire. You can find more information about tubeless conversion on ADV.

My F800GS has a 21" front spoke wheel. Standard. F800GS has a 21" inch front and 17" rear.

Yes, I am actually getting very good mileage tread wear from my Heidenau K60 Scout on front. I have half my tread left after 8K miles. Good grip and traction on wet tarmac.

Hopefully I answered your questions.
    DesertDonor likes this.
  17. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    Was that the original 7 or the +?
  18. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Original but not the original original one. I have somewhere thread on that in equipment will dig out link when have time
  19. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    No need.
  20. Jbrjbr21

Jbrjbr21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have 11300 on this front E07 +.
    Changed tkc70 at 7k because of wear/cupping.
    Very happy with this tire.
    Had to slime it though, was leaking air. 1567634133833896589950419553503.jpg
    gadgettr1 likes this.