Motorbike storage in Ukraine or Crimea?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Rocky Mountain Motos, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Rocky Mountain Motos

Rocky Mountain Motos On a long leash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be picking up my bike from storage in Milan this September and continuing east. I would like to store the bike somewhere in Ukraine so that I can retrieve it late spring next year and continue my travels eastward. Is anyone aware of a storage solution in that part of the world?
  2. US7IGN

US7IGN HAM radio n00b

Oddometer:
    I can offer you a place in the garage, which I rent in Kiev. But I will not bear any responsibility for it. I know that Honda and Yamaha dealers provide a motorcycle storage service in the winter. I can find out the conditions.
  3. Rocky Mountain Motos

Oddometer:
    That's an awesome offer, thank you. I will let you know if I can't find a professional storage garage.
  4. istadniy

istadniy Ivan the Quite OK

Oddometer:
    Suzuki dealer in Kyiv, over here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.481...838&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=uk

Last winter, 4 months of storage cost me roughly 70 USD (battery on trickle charge, bike in a warm dry warehouse). They will also clean it, lubricate and put protective coats on everything and add some kind of stabilizer to fuel for around 40 bucks.
    You'll need to arrive with a full tank of fuel, passport and whatever registration papers you bike has. Storage contract says they bear responsibility up to the bike's total cost. set right there in the contract.

Just in case, since you mention Crimea - unless you have a Ukrainian passport you cannot get into Crimea from the north. Russians will let you get in from the east, but it is illegal to do so under Ukrainian law.
  5. Rocky Mountain Motos

Oddometer:
    Thank you!!!! That really sounds perfect.

And thank you for the heads up on the Crimea situation. I have some logistics planning to do :)
  6. Rocky Mountain Motos

Oddometer:
    istadnly, are you possible able to see an email address on their website, https://bikermarket.com.ua ? I tried using the form on the contact page but it does not seem to work. Thanks for any help!
  7. istadniy

istadniy Ivan the Quite OK

Oddometer:
    bikermarket.com.ua is just a motorcycle gear shop that shares the same building as the Suzuki dealer.

Suzuki dealer website is http://suzuki.com.ua/ua/autocenter/contacts, but it's in Ukrainian/Russian, so probably not much help to you.
    Their telephone is +38(044) 536-97-59, or +38(050) 388-84-00
    Е-mail: osadchiy@auto-intl.kiev.ua

The service guys who deal with winter storage are on vacation right now, I will be taking my bike there for service in two weeks when they come back. If they do not answer your e-mail before that, drop me a PM and I can ask whatever you needed in person.

Edit: or if it's urgent and they ignore your e-mails / whoever picks up the phone speaks no English - PM me and I'll call them for you.
  8. Rocky Mountain Motos

Oddometer:
    Thank you!!!!!!
  9. maroonga

maroonga n00b

Oddometer:
    I stored my bike with the Yamaha dealer in Kiev in October 2019. Yamaha Vidi. https://yamaha.vidi.ua/ru/
    When you call ask for Yuri in the service department. He speaks fluent English.
    I had called the Suzuki dealer but was told they do not have the space.
    Rocky Mountain Motos likes this.