1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by boyscout, Oct 7, 2002.

1. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    I'm looking into buying the Big Gun Exhaust for my KTM Adventure as it seems to be the only performance exhaust made for it which has a spark arrestor (or can even be fitted with one). I usually prefer shopping locally but nobody carries them so I am considering ordering on-line. The Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse carries them and the price is amazingly low. I'm wondering if anyone here has ordered through them before and what their experience was.

TIA

-BS
  2. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    I have ordered tires from them 3 or 4 times. Slow but ya get them. I don't think they stock anything, they drop ship after ya order I guess. I always get the "yes their in stock" as they check with the main dist then I get a back order notice in the mail then the tires a few weeks later.
  3. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    I called them up and that's what they told me. Said it would be here in 5-7 days. I'm thinking I just might take a chance on them as it'll save me over $120.

-BS
  4. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Scout..

I'am with Rad on this one..They are the ones that i get my tires from and have never had a problem..But i always ask if the items are in stock and which warehouse they are coming from..If the items are in stock and are in the Nev. warehouse, i have had them withend 5 days..

Joc
  5. markgsnw

markgsnw WTF?

Oddometer:
    I've had good luck with them but as they say the shipping times vary. Only downside that I have experienced is that if you return something the restock fee is huge, makes it tough to buy clothing.

amrk
  6. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    FWIW, Big Gun's full LC4 system is loud enough to piss off even the most tolerant of humanoids. Yucko. May wanna try & snag a listen before taking the plunge. If there isn't one ya know about nearby, lemme know and I'll have a friend row his Big Gun equipped Supermoto through the gears. Yea, we're in Texas, but you'll still hear it in San Jose.

'Course, maybe things have recently changed as this is an '01 system and I don't follow along that closely 'cause my Adventure's zorst & jetting are already fully sorted.

Just an FYI...
  7. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    I think it is new for this year, but they now have their "Quiet Core" system which is spec'd at 94 db. You can buy the race core as well and switch between the two. I think that if you wanted to you could buy the quiet core and put it in your pipe without needing too much of a jetting change.

How is the fit and finish of your Big Gun Exhaust? I've read a few complaints about them being a pain to seal at the junctions.

-BS
  8. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    My Adventure runs KTM's SXC silencer, straight-thru cross-over pipe and "racing" airbox side cover, while the Supermoto with the loud Big Gun belongs to a friend. From what you've said, his has to be the "race core" version. I haven't looked at its fit & finish that closely, but do recall seeing some evidence of leakage at the junctions in the headpipe, and also thought that it passed by too close to the engine, there on the right side of the jug. Could be just a matter of loosening things up and putting 'em right though. Wish I could be of more help, I just haven't paid it that much attention.

Lotsa exhaust related talk on the Yahoo KTM group, Boyscout. Click here and search the archives for some keywords.

FWIW, they do respond very nicely to exhaust tweaks and a rejet. Mine's much improved despite it's barely being any louder than it was with the box-stock Supertrapp muffler...

:thumb

Arch

Attached Files:

9. PBX

PBX Artful pothole dodger

Oddometer:
    Just another endorsement of MAW here. I've bought tires and a handful of other things from them over the years. Very reliable. Typically ten days or so between order and delivery to me in Mass.
  10. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Bebop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had good luck with MAW buying helmets, back when you could buy Arai from mail order houses.

FWIW I'm very happy with my Big Gun quiet system on my '02 LC4 Adventure. It's nearly as quiet as stock, fit and finish are top notch and the mounting is solid. Saves some weight, too.

I bought mine with the bike from my local dealer and paid a bit more than MAW lists it for. Let me know if you would like some photos.
  11. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    I won't buy from them... typically can find things cheaper elsewhere. They also back ordered a windshield on me (after assuring me that it was in stock) and billed me for it, THEN sent the letter telling me it was going to ship in 4 to 5 weeks...
    Never again... too many other good folks who have better ethics

Just another opinion...

Greg
  12. Komet

Komet The Voice of Reason

Oddometer:
    I have purchased items from them...last order was some Hein Gericke clothing...service was good...no complaints.
  13. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    That's nice to hear. Have you taken a look at where the header passes the down tube. I've read a couple complaints from people saying there isn't enough clearance and that it rubs there. But then again I also read that they recently moved all production in-house and the quality control has gotten better.

I was just looking at the ktm-parts.com site and it looks like they are now making an SXC silencer with a spark arrestor. If that is the case I am going to go with that as it would be cheaper still than the Big Gun and I've heard good things about it.

-BS