Motorcycle Crash Statistics by Make?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by mslim, Sep 19, 2021.

1. 5spd97

5spd97 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not to go CSM but I no longer trust government studies or statistics. It's so easy to manipulate when you are in control. I closely watch local traffic accident and fatalies and there is a close correlation in time of incident, drinking, skill, etc., and I can breathe easier eliminating those factors because I don't ride at 2 am drunk. Nor am I riding a moped and turning across traffic.

Experience is nowhere in the numbers and how can it not be? There are so many factors to be considered that never enter the equation; gear, experience, impairment, road conditions, weather, etc. It goes on and on.

Motorcyles are dangerous, you need to be on your game; you don't need to be riding when deer are active, you don't need to ride impaired or late at night. Sure older cruisers, which may be a majority are at increased risk, but what about moped riders who are riding because they have lost their liscense due to DUI's? It's all part of the equation.
  2. mslim

mslim Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Hurt report is valuable and supported a lot of common sense safety conclusions, but it is at least twenty years old and failed to address accident and fatality statistics by motorcycle make.
  3. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    40 years old.

Published in 1981.
  4. VX Rider

VX Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will opine that 'experience' is factored in, in that it is notable that >60% of crash riders have no license, there is a subtle nod to the lack of experience in that statistic.
    That or it is a correaltion that if one doesn't take riding seriously enough to get a license, then you are probably going to die or get hurt, because of it.