Motorcycle geocaching in Sacramento!!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by 8Superman, May 14, 2007.

1. divedeep

divedeep Function, not fashion

Oddometer:
    mrider, you must have seen us riding in to that area while you were headed out. As soon as I saw your new KLR I figured we were too late.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the new spot - nice work.
  2. mrider

mrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I thought you two were probably headed for Ralph... I definitely plan to do more exploring in the area where I left Ralph. I was going to put him on CR40, but it was closed for winter...there was a ranger there who I talked to who recommended Bear Valley to me.
  3. divedeep

Oddometer:
    Over a week ago my wife and I headed out to get Ralph (again). As we were getting close to the area riding north on Highway 16, someone on a KLR passed us going south. I thought to myself - it is possible we just missed Ralph (again)? We pressed on and arrived at the latest Ralph location - beautiful area. Alas, little Ralph was gone (again). I figured we would get an update from someone but no news. What happend to Ralph?
  4. Bwana

Bwana Me Bwana You Toto

Oddometer:
    I bet that whatever lived in that hole grabbed Ralph and pulled him down into the hole. If no one comes forward with a new location for Ralph, I think 8superman has a replacement.

Calling 8superman.
  5. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:

8superman seems to have fallen off the planet!
  6. mrider

mrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    did you look under the plastic laredo panel?
  7. divedeep

Oddometer:
    I looked in the hole next to the laredo panel which was in your picture. I didn't lift up the laredo panel however. So if he's under there (different than your picture shows) then I am in idiot! :eek1

Part of it was that I was convinced he was gone once I saw the mysterious KLR rider driving out of the same area. Nevertheless, I could be wrong (again)....
  8. Bwana

Bwana Me Bwana You Toto

Oddometer:
    Divedeep,

Go back and get it. That looks like a fantastic ride. Great excuse to take your new shiny GS out. :D
  9. mrider

mrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :doh

Yes...there was a ranchero dude who drove by, and I had been hanging out in that spot for a while admiring the view/deciding where to put him...so I moved the panel over him to hide him. Hey, I watch out for Ralph, don't I?!
  10. divedeep

Oddometer:
    :loaded It's official - I'm an idiot!

I guess the combination of the other rider leaving the area and your stealthiness made me not even bother to look under the laredo panel. I just saw the empty hole next to it and assumed he was gone. Doh! Wrong hole (again)!
  11. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    What a beautiful valley.
    I might put Cammy on the back and head out to get him!

Mark
  12. Kyber

Kyber Steve Supporter

Oddometer:
    I went to the spot today at about 1:30 but no Ralph......
  13. divedeep

Oddometer:
    Well that's good news to me! Maybe I'm not losing my mind. :norton

So either someone picked him up and hasn't posted yet or he was discovered by a non-rider? I guess Bwana's theory is still out there - whatever lives in the hole came and stole him. :lol3
  14. Kyber

Kyber Steve Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bwana could be right....there were three holes under the laredo molding and I wasnt about to stick my hands in any of them.

I noticed some motorcycle tracks near the bridge and thought that maybe that someone else had snagged him. It still turned out to be a nice day for a ride.
  15. mrider

mrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hmmm. I may have to go check it out next weekend. I only remember the one hole, and it was by the yellow sign like in the photo.
  16. Kyber

Kyber Steve Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didnt look in the hole......crap!!! I saw the tire tracks and just thought that I was too late. hmmm if its still out there then I'm an idiot.

OK, whos next to try.
  17. mrider

mrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    see red circle...I slid the panel over it after the photo was taken
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Kyber

Kyber Steve Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking at the photos I'm sure that I would have seen Ralph. I looked under the plastic, and looked around the area. I did not look into the hole to see if it was below the surface. We might have to find a replacment.

By the way tho, you picked a nice spot, it was a great ride.
  19. bb5999

bb5999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SAC/Gold country inmates -

I am planning on moving back to the US, summer '08, have been living in Brazil for several years.

Considering landing in Folsom or close by. I can go just about wherever I want, as I am starting, kind of, from scratch.

Two kids, young, marriage on the rocks, need to find a place where we both can set up new lives. Have some money in the bank, grew up in No. cal and must have access to Mts. and waterways. Lived in Chico at one point in my life, but don't think it is the right place today, need access to big city jobs and attractions.

Employment, housing, schools, bars, how about some gut reactions and input?

Thanks
    Eric
    :beer
  20. Firefight911

Firefight911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eric,

I am a firefighter in the City of Folsom. I live just east of Folsom in Diamond Springs. If I can help with info for you, let me know. Your criteria, as set forth above, can very easily be filled in this city or any of its neighboring communities. Lest we forget that this area also holds some of the best riding there is, both on and off road!

PM me if there are some specific things/information I can help you with.:thumb