Motorcycle geocaching in Sacramento!!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by 8Superman, May 14, 2007.

1. Turbocelica

Turbocelica Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So the best that I can figure is that Joshua is here:
    N 39 23.508
    W 120 52.023

And Samantha is here:
    N 38 40.643
    W120 52.023

???
  2. Turbocelica

Oddometer:
    Joshua:
    Is the green lizard with the big fanned mane, blue eyes & red splotch on his head. ?

Samantha:
    Is the tan or light green lizard with the short main, yellow eyes & yellow body spots. ?

I can't post their photos from work right now or quickly. Also you can tell I've got myself all confused as well!
  3. msusslin

msusslin DirtMeister

Oddometer:
    :freaky All right let's get going again. I thought you guys gave up.
  4. 8Superman

8Superman Shut up and RIDE!!

Oddometer:
  5. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    Pick a time and let me know where to meet you and I'll be there.
    My gps is on the GSA so I'll be hand held or just chasing you and yours.
    It looks like it's a ways out. i'm up for the ride either way.
    Mark
  6. Turbocelica

Oddometer:
    We really tried for a 2-fer but it didn't quite come together.

The 1st target (Joshua) went well. It was a great ride up past Nevada City onto North Bloomfield Rd., through Malakoff Diggins State Historical Park a to the target. If he was planted there with snow on the hill side he probably stood out a lot better than he did today.

So feeling adventurous we try to head to Samantha for a double header. Back to Grass Valley, west on Hwy 20, south on Hwy 70 & onto the levy road along the Sacramento River to I-5. We get to the spot just west of the Sacto. Airport and did some searching & weeding. Nuthin! Came up empty handed! But at least we didn't find any bodies!

So either someone else beat us to it or the owl that left all the skeletal filled droppings at the base of the pole flew away with it thinking it hit the jackpot for dinner??? Or maybe I just missed a new location back-reading the posts. If someone knows anything please fill us in.

I'll post some photos later of todays hunt.

Now I've got to think of a new spot.

Thanks for coming along Mark, it was a blast. Have a great trip!

Justin
  7. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    Great ride my friend!
    220 miles total, about 20 miles in the dirt, 5 hours in the saddle.
    No food, no drinks.
    We were flying!
    (Man you handle that Supermotard 650 in the dirt REALLY well!)
    Mark
  8. msusslin

msusslin DirtMeister

Oddometer:
    :clap Great Job guys for finding Joshua. I hope you guys will find a new spot for him high up in the hills and not the flatlands.
  9. Turbocelica

Oddometer:
    :hide :hide :hide

Well I'm surprised I haven't taken a good rashin' of shit for hanging onto Joshua for over two months. I deserve it! You guys don't want to hear excuses so I won't bother with that. I'll just leave it at..... if I ever go after the stash again I promise I'll either hide it again on the same day or be sure I can get it out again in less than two weeks.

Long story short is Joshua is waiting to be picked up.....
    [​IMG]

If that's too small to read he's waiting @ N 39 37.007 W 120 46.146.

Here's a couple of additional shots that might help you spot him once in the area. There is a gate along the way that has a by-pass just to the right of it. It is legal to travel beyond the gate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any bike can get there even the biggest GS or a Ural. The only concern might be at the mentioned gate. But I'm pretty sure the gate was unlocked so passing it would require a stop to open and close it after passing through. If you are on a more agile bike there are some incredible trails in the area!

Have Fun!
    Justin
  10. 8Superman

8Superman Shut up and RIDE!!

Oddometer:
    looks like a good ride
  11. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Man, I've been watchng this thread forever. Finally a plant that is in my area.

I actually know this road. I've only ridden about 75% of the way to where he is stashed, but it can't be too hard from there.

Maybe tomorrow....
  12. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Then I go replant him in the Donner train tunnels.... Yeah, that's the ticket!
  13. Jking

Jking It's just a bike

Oddometer:
    We were out just cruising up in Downieville today and Mike says, "wanna go get the lizard", he just happened to have the coordinates ready and waiting for us.
    We searched and found it today, and we dropped it off in a very easy location. If I can find it on my GS, and stash it, then it should be pretty easy for the rest of the crowd to do the same.

To some the pictures will tell you where it is, and you'll have to do the dirt to get it. We actually zip tied it to a root so it will not blow away or get washed down in case Hurricane Gustav gets nasty and heads out west!

Here are the coordinates, N39.26.868, W120.48.811, I'll have Mike post the pictures

Have fun, Mike and I had a great ride today! Not only did we get to do 200+ miles, most were dirt, but I also got to pop my cherry on the lizard.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  14. Jking

Jking It's just a bike

Oddometer:
    Someones got to go get it. I passed it up last Sunday on my way to lunch in Downieville.