Motorcycle Lifts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wade, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wade

Wade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Capital City of the Great State of Minnesota
    In the middle of winter maintenance I thought to myself 'it would be great to lift this bike up so I dont need to sit on cold cement and bend over like a monkey all the time'.

Now I am craving a motorcycle lift. They are not cheap.... think 600-800 dollars for a decent one. I cant find many reviews at all but have my eye on this one.

http://www.excel-equipment.com/catalog/titan-1000-motorcycle-lift-wvise-smooth-surface-p-894.html

For some reason it is $400 cheaper than the one lift I can find a review for (http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-table-lift/), yet looks exactly the same... any thoughts?
  2. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will throw in my 2 cents worth.:D I have been doing some research for a awhile and decided on the 1000lb capacity Pro Cycle XLT at Greg Smith Equipment. I also will use it to work on my lawn tractor. it is 4ft wide and 93 inches long with a check plate top. And has a ramp on top of that. Its shipping weight is 690 lbs. I have found that you end up paying right at $1 a pound for the lifts. The Pro Cycle XLT does have a parts house if I ever need parts for it. Many people push for the Handy brand but you will really pay for like $1.50+ per pound for it and there is not much difference in quality. I will see that you have to really look closely at how they are made, quality of welds, air cylinder etc. :huh I agree that there are many choices, note that if you have a pick up truck and can pick up the lift yourself you can save considerable shipping costs.:deal
  3. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Our lift will lift 1500 lbs.... I think it's "Lift Buddy"...

But I don't know if they are still around...

A 1000 lbs lift would never lift my bikes...

Also think about a dual lift system .. Air/hydraulic combo..

If it is feasible for you... Ya just never know what you'll have in the future..

Also my two cents...

You can lift small things on a big lift .. But you can't lift big things on a small lift :huh
  4. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and love

Oddometer:
    Use the search feature!

Thread: Link

My post

Thanks
    CA Stu
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a lot of use, in a short time, with my Harbor Freight unit, and at nearly 1/3 the costs you mentioned it is a good unit!

Jim :brow
  6. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    HF is okay by me, mine is a foot stomper and cost about $249 on sale if I remember correctly. I just love it, sometimes I have a bike on there just to admire it!
    james
  7. Cur

Cur Fungawee

Oddometer:
    Greg Smith good company, reasonable shipping rates. I have had my pro cycle for about a month and wish I had it 20 years ago. I got all the bells and whistles with mine. They will lift much more then they are rated for.
  8. Speeddog830

Speeddog830 Interloper

Oddometer:
    WMC/Handy lift is what we use here at the shop.

24" x 80", collapsed it's 7" tall, max height is 30".

Bought mine 15 years ago, it wasn't cheap then.
  9. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallText align=middle>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <SCRIPT src="includes/product-colors/js/jquery.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="includes/product-colors/js/product-colors.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT></TD></TR><TR><TD height=5>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=productInfoHeader>Titan 1,000 LB Air Motorcycle Lift W/Vise - Smooth Surface
    [TTN*SDML-1000S]</TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=productInfoPrice><S>$562.49</S>
    $449.00</TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=main>Quantity: <INPUT maxLength=5 size=5 value=1 name=quantity><INPUT type=hidden value=894 name=products_id></TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD><INPUT title=" Add to Cart " type=image alt="Add to Cart" src="http://www.excel-equipment.com/catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_in_cart.gif" border=0></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=productInfoExtra width="60%">Availability:</TD><TD class=productInfoExtra width="40%">In Stock </TD></TR><TR><TD class=productInfoExtra width="60%">Est. Shipping Time:</TD><TD class=productInfoExtra width="40%">5 Days </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>That is a great deal for a 1000 pound lift. Just don"t forget that you need compressed air to use it.
  10. Speeddog830

Speeddog830 Interloper

Oddometer:
    Funny, that looks just like a Handy.

Rebrand or 'borrowed' design?
  11. LATJ

LATJ Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What part of Indiana, i bought one from a guy at work. He picked up three or four at an auction and may have a couple left. Probably around $250 - $300 and he lives in between Yorktown and Muncie. I bought one and like it a lot but will probably get an air over hydraulic system soon, it just has a manual lift cylinder and is rated to 800lbs.

Here is a few pictures of mine...LINK
  12. Wade

Wade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Capital City of the Great State of Minnesota
    I am down in Bloomington. If he still has one he wants to sell let me know.
  13. NoDirt4Me

NoDirt4Me Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do not get a lift - of any kind. For if you do, you will spend the first few months of ownership kicking your ass for not getting one sooner.....:lol3
  14. LATJ

LATJ Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still has one, I talked to him today. I will give him a buzz and get more details. Bloomington is only about an hour and 20 minutes from here.
  15. Powershouse

Powershouse Flower Sniffer Supporter

Oddometer:

The links to the wheel vice you're so proud of don't work anymore - have you got any info on it?
  16. 2old2race

2old2race I wana ride

Oddometer:
    Harbor Freight has a 1000 lb lift with foot operated pump and ram advertised for $287.00 (lot No. 9174) / Air Hydraulic for $379.00 (lot no. 94121)
  17. thumper477

thumper477 retired but not dead yet

Oddometer:
    got my harbor freight lift a couple of months ago.there was a "secret" super duper internet coupon that i found in a post on the burgman usa forums.printed out the coupon,went to my local hf store,199.95 + tax. thank you very much!my knees and back are very happy now.
  18. Blane

Blane Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up the HF air hydraulic lift about 6 months ago on sale for $379. Found one of those special 20% off coupons. Manager accepted it. $303 out the door.

SCORE!!!!! :clap

So far I don't have any complaints. I can't imagine not having a lift.
  19. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    The HF one rocks:thumb

It does have one weak point; the front chock is kinda crappy and needs to be upgraded. I upgraded with one I found on ebay but it still is not as good as I want so I most likely will upgrade again.

I must admit I was mad at myself after I got the HF lift that I had not done it a decade sooner; it is the best tool in my shop. :nod

[​IMG]
  20. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and love

Oddometer:

My apologies!

Link

I searched "Motorcycle lift wheel vise" on eBay.

Thanks
    CA Stu