Motorcycle Rental in Delhi, India

Discussion in 'Asia' started by BykBoy, Dec 26, 2006.

1. BykBoy

BykBoy Meshuganeh Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm going to India for busines at the end of January and I was hoping to rent a motorcycle and go on a weekend trip.

Anyone have any leads on renting a motorcycle?

Also, can I make it to Khardung La pass in one weekend? Can I make it there at the end of January?
  2. BobFV1

BobFV1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are several little places down in/near the Old City (Chandi Chowk area - accross from the Red Fort) that will rent you an Enfield Bullet for a song (after much bargaining). Don't recall any specific vendor names, and they all change all the time. Riding in India is, at best, dodgy. The blood supply is not clean so if you do get in a crash and you require blood - chances of getting a blood-borne pathogen are high. Yikes.

Good luck.
  3. BykBoy

BykBoy Meshuganeh Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info.

My Indian friends are trying to talk me out of riding a bike in India... It sure sounds like an adventure...
  4. sandgroper

sandgroper Long timer

Oddometer:
    just for your info, i met a German couple several months ago who have been on a year long bike trip around the world said that India was by far the worst place to ride a bike. But saying that i was in Delhi for few days on biz late 70's a host loaned me a scooter and we rode all around the city in the middle of the night, intresting.
    Have fun
    Ed
  5. Hunsta

Hunsta Have guns will hunt

Oddometer:
    MMMM late 70`s eh. Kinda be a population dif of about ,ooooh say 140,000,000 give or take:huh
  6. sandgroper

sandgroper Long timer

Oddometer:
    erring on the side of caution :lol3 :lol3
  7. BobFV1

BobFV1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your Indian friends are gibing you good advice - I lived there from 2000 to 2002 and while riding was fun way outside of any city, there were so many hazards on any of the roads connecting any of the major areas that it really wasn't worth it, IMO.

Any specific questions PM me.
  8. sfalam

sfalam n00b

Oddometer:
    You can rent motorcycles and bikes in Chennai , Mamallapuram, Trichy and Srirangam , Tamil Nadu (South India) by calling Vicky at 9952100400
  9. Blizzard Beast

Blizzard Beast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. Chanderjeet

Chanderjeet IndiYeah !!

Oddometer:
    I'm going to India for busines at the end of January and I was hoping to rent a motorcycle and go on a weekend trip. Anyone have any leads on renting a motorcycle?

It depends where are you landing.

Also, can I make it to Khardung La pass in one weekend? Can I make it there at the end of January?

No you cannot go to K-La in Jan, not even it feb...........not till June and no you cannot make it there in One weekend.

Check some maps dude :)
  11. Blizzard Beast

Blizzard Beast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lol,I just realised,we've revived a 4 year old thread.Sorry for that.The post above me stirred it all up.

Spammer.

:asshat
  12. Rhino59

Rhino59 Gray'n but Still Play'n

Oddometer:
    I'm headed to New Delhi at the beginning of December, '10. Would a ride be reasonable to the Taj Mahal? Or, surrounding area, say to one of the forts? Just asking since this is my first trip to India.
  13. heiri

heiri n00b

Oddometer:
    200km one way - yes reasonable BUT take it easy. riding india is no piece of cake. going taj one day come back the other day is ok.
  14. sfalam

sfalam n00b

Oddometer:
    Is there any other place other than next to Mambalam Railway Station can one hire motorcycles including Royal Enfield? I reached him at 9840563179:clap