Motorcycle rental in Indonesia, esp Jakarta

Discussion in 'Asia' started by AdamCohn, Jan 18, 2016.

1. AdamCohn

AdamCohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone!
    My plan is to fly to Jakarta in late Feb with two friends, and we will have about three weeks to ride around before returning the bikes. I'm looking for recommendations for rental outfitters, ideally in Jakarta, which would allow us to ride both South Sumatra as well as Java. So far, I'm finding some outfitters based out of Yogyakarta, which would be a fine consolation prize, but does probably limit our ability to get to Sumatra.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Adam
  2. proleevo

proleevo n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam,

You can contact my friend. His name is Jack Maulana. Unfortunately I lost his phone number. but you can contact him via facebook : Jack Maulana
  3. AdamCohn

AdamCohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I have reached out to him and will see what he can do to help!

4. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    Adam - let us know what you find out! I know some guys that rent smaller bikes in Bandung a few hours from Jakarta; also guys that rent smaller bikes in Medan if you were traveling in reverse order - that is a long ride to Jakarta though. The biggest bikes they have though are the Bajaj Pulsar 220's.
  5. AdamCohn

AdamCohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No reply so far. My fear is that since we aren't friends, he won't be notified that I emailed him on Facebook.

proleevo: Any other ideas for getting a hold of him?

6. BobPS

BobPS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam,

I'm not aware of any bike rental in Jakarta. I don't know if there's any. The only bike rental that I know is one that rents Harley... I'm not sure if it's still exist and I don't know if you can ride the bike out of Jakarta.

As far as I know, if you rent a bike here, you can not take that bike out of the city/town where you rent it from. So if you rent one in Bandung,you can ride it in Bandung but not outside Bandung ...unless there's a special arrangement between you and the rental. I may be wrong though.
  7. blek

blek Adventurer

Oddometer: