Motorcycle Trips by A Group of Chinese Motorcycle Lovers

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by OnTheWay, Sep 1, 2020.

1. OnTheWay

OnTheWay Rock Liu Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your comments here. Yes, the scenery in western China is fantastic and the best season to ride will be around June to August. Please prepare well for the motortrip gears and all docs needed for riding in China before your motortrip. Later, we will share more about motortrip tips in this thread later. May you have any question related to the motortrip in China, please feel free to contact us.
  2. jaril

jaril Adventurer

Oddometer:
    China is geographically huge, just like the US. Northern China like Inner Mongolia Tibet or Xinjiang are very different from the southern parts.
    Here in Chongqing, the summer months are too hot and humid even to go out for a smoke on the balcony.
    Depending on where you want to ride, the summer months or spring or fall might be the right times.
    But anywhere you decide to ride in China, please give me a chance to join your group :)
    Yinzer Moto and Ginger Beard like this.
  3. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle Trip Through the Frozen Regions of Tibet, The place to touch the clouds---Episode 4

微信图片_20200914173712.jpg

After many turns, they finally came to the last station, Bingzhongluo Town. Actually, the real challenge was about to begin.

微信图片_20200914174933.png
    微信图片_20200914174938.jpg
    They took a short break by the beautiful scenery. After that, they began their motortrip to Tibet.

It was recognized that the most difficult route to enter Tibet -- the third inspection line, which has 220 kilometers of non-paved road from Chawarong to Chayu.

The plateau environment is in the snowmelt season, so it is necessary to pay attention to the quicksand and falling rocks on the mountain.

微信图片_20200914175645.jpg

微信图片_20200914175712.jpg
    With a large army and no supply points in between, it was a difficult task to get a large team through safely and smoothly.
  4. jaril

jaril Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow!!!
    My brother in law is going to ride from Chongqing to Lahsa and back in a week or two.
    He will ride his new Yamaha "scooter" because his Kawasaki Ninja 600 is not one of the best bikes for long rides.
    Man, your pics make me want so much to ride.
    Thank you!
  5. jaril

jaril Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, phuk me. I showed the pics to my wife and she has actually been to most of the places.
    She thought that the bikes might be small cc Chinese bikes, but after I pointed out the obvious, she said "OMG, they must to be very rich people"
    Well, nothing wrong with that! Just a bit funny!
    If I join your next trip, I hope you don't mind me sleeping on my bike :)
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  6. Coffeeman

Coffeeman Coffeeman

Oddometer:
    A great story and trip well told. Well done and thank you. It is very interesting to see an adventure in this part of the world.
  7. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Glad you liked this one. :D

September and October will also be suitable for riding from Chongqing to Lahsa. Will your brother in law ride from Chongqing to Lahsa alone or with other cyclists? Will you ride together this time or later?
    jaril likes this.
  8. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    :wingsYou are warmly welcome to join their motortrip and have fun with your beloved bikes.
    jaril likes this.
  9. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Glad you liked the motortrips we posted on this thread.
    jaril likes this.
  10. jaril

jaril Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I believe that he left this past weekend. He is traveling by himself. I am not ready to ride yet. Next time I'll join him.
  11. jaril

jaril Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, count me in!
  12. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle Trip Through the Frozen Regions of Tibet, The place to touch the clouds---Episode 5

Mr. Fang, the chairman of Fufeng Motorcycle Club, and several other experienced riders set out a day in advance to make careful investigation for the journey later.

Kindly checked the road ahead, assessed the risks, then made the detailed plan, and informed the latest road condition to the team.

motortrip.jpg motortrip2.jpg motortrip3.jpg
    motortrip4.jpg

The road to Tibetan was difficult and quiet dangerous, but beautiful at the same time, which attracted many people to conquer.
    jaril and Amphib like this.
  13. groundhog105

groundhog105 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. groundhog105

groundhog105 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a great trip. I would love to ride like that but I’m sure the cost would be too much for me. If your group ever get to the US I would be happy to guide your group on a ride in the western US.
    jaril and OnTheWay like this.
  15. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Glad that you liked our sharings about the motortrips in China. If you would like to have motortrip in China, please do not hesitate to join these motorcycle lovers to have fun together.

Also thank you for your invitation and we believed that these motorcycle lovers in China will also want to have a motortrip in US. Hope we could have one in the near future.
    groundhog105 and jaril like this.
  16. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle Trip Through the Frozen Regions of Tibet, The place to touch the clouds---Episode 6

Fufeng brothers started a new journey along the Nu river upstream, entering the Yunnan-tibet border, marking the official entering to the Tibet area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Farewell to the flat road, they rode into the non-asphalt pavement.
    On the left, there are cliffs and the raging nu river.
    On the right, there is a large rock face, on which the rocks are tottering.
    The elevation gradually rises, mixed with the drizzle, the non-pavement sand and stones are still dusty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Famous locations, "Tiger Mouth" and "Big Quicksand" were waiting for the Fufeng brothers.
  17. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle Trip Through the Frozen Regions of Tibet, The place to touch the clouds---Episode 7

After entering into the Tibetan area, Fufeng brothers faced the real challenges, that was they must finished the riding through 3 snow mountains (All of them are over 4500m high) in the day time. Or it would be very dangerous for them to ride in the night time.
    motortrip1.jpg
    motortrip2.jpg
    All of them prepared well and made plan A/B/C for this great challenge. They were confident about the riding, still nervous about the unknown weather condition or any unpredictable challenges.

In early morning, they stared with their beloved motorcycles and gears. For the first 3 hours, the sun was unavailable and the roads are filled with the stones and white snow. Then it began snowing heavily.
    motortrip3.jpg motortrip4.jpg motortrip5.png motortrip6.jpg
    The whole team stopped and waited for the in-time weather report and road situation report by a group of team member who helped detect the road situation.
    motortrip7.jpg
    motortrip8.jpg motortrip9.jpg motortrip10.jpg motortrip11.jpg motortrip12.jpg motortrip13.jpg motortrip14.jpg
  18. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle Trip Through the Frozen Regions of Tibet, The place to touch the clouds---Episode 8

After the lunch, they started to conquer the last and the most difficult snow mountain, which is 4706 meters tall.

Unfortunately, it started to now heavily again. Many motorcycles were stuck with the heavy snow. The Fufeng brothers helped each other to pass the snow mountain.

motortrip1.jpg motortrip2.jpg motortrip3.png motortrip4.jpg motortrip5.jpg motortrip6.jpg motortrip8.jpg motortrip10.jpg motortrip12.jpg
    Finally, they have passed through these 3 snow mountains successfully in 10 hours.
  19. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    any escape routes?
    to actual freedom?
    angling for an education elsewhere - that seems like the best strategy. no?
    asking for a friend.
  20. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Motorcycle Trip Through the Frozen Regions of Tibet, The place to touch the clouds---Episode 9

Then they continued their motortrip along China National Highway 318 (G318), which is the longest highway in China and is famous for its beautiful scenery.

G318-1.jpg

Then they rode along the Ranwu Lake, the largest lake in Eastern Tibet, lies on the edge of State Road 318.
    G318-3.png G318-4.png

G318-5.jpg
    When came to Linzhi, the weather and the scenery were quiet different from before. The blue sky, comfortable weather and the blossoming peach all made Fufeng brothers excited.
    Linzhi-1.jpg Linzhi-2.jpg
    They rode along the winding roads along the Nu River, which was beautiful and dangerous at the same time.
    Nuriver.jpg Nuriver-2.jpg Nuriver-3.jpg