1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycle videos videos videos

Discussion in 'Photos' started by halfthrottle, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    igi2003 and TheAdmiral like this.
  2. DEVO46

DEVO46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Copper Canyon Christmas 2019 this was Christmas day.

Me and my daughter spent 9 days exploring Copper Canyon, this was the drop down to Urique.
    Started in Tecate
  3. pingvin

pingvin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Upper Mustang Nepal

Lots of highlights, culture, fun (and sometimes scary) roads/trails...and obviously the scenery and the mountains. The high mountains visible in many of the shots is the Annapurna mountains, the highest 8.091m and considered the most dangerous mountain in the world. Only 191 person have made it to the top and more than 70 have died trying. Strange being so close and it doesn't look THAT scary but up there it's hell!

Other highlights was being at the Chinese border at 4.600m (actually crossed the border, the fence is a few meters on the inside of the border so a young chinese guard politely asked us the move the bikes a couple of meters). But even more riding along the border fence and up to 5.000m altitude. The bikes (chinese 250s) struggled and so did we in the thin air.

DEVO46, liv2day, BokaRoka and 4 others like this.
  4. 250txc

250txc Husqvarna Dirtbike Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cebu province riding my 2008 Italian made WR250 Husqvarna.

This is newly pushed road and pretty wet and since I'm unsure what has happened since the rain, I'm pretty cautious on this trip.

Mc107 likes this.
  5. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    Great footage and riding terrain. Where is this magical playground?
    RideFreak likes this.
  6. Piston Slap

Piston Slap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    99 miles of winding back top! It's not dirt but it is fun! Plus the endless possibilities to explore
    Air Force Vet and TheAdmiral like this.
  7. Piston Slap

Piston Slap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm guilty of just saddling up and riding until I need fuel or I get to the destination. The problem I have is all the cool stuff I pass along the way because I want to ride. I love riding and don't ever want to stop. I think that this last year of riding I started to realize that I get more from the adventure when stopping at the little sites along the route and check them out. While I have seen a lot of the state of Idaho from the blacktop, the stuff alongside the road... the history of why the road was put there or other stuff seems to be the real treasure. Today's video I found a historic ranger station alongside highway 12
    LeMaitre and TheAdmiral like this.
  8. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    New Mexico

liv2day, K1DUDE and Mudclod like this.
  9. BadDogMax

BadDogMax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My daughter put together a fan video to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Honda CT70. Enjoy!

10. Offcenter

Offcenter On The Road Again!

Oddometer:
    Very nice! I assume that was her doing the riding?
  11. BadDogMax

BadDogMax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha no she's the filmmaker not the rider. Old guy disguised by motocross gear doing the riding.
  12. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. bigdave-gs

bigdave-gs Been riding longer than a lot have been alive !

Oddometer:
    That's awesome. When I was a kid there was a guy down the road from me that had one of those. I wanted one badly ! ! ! I think that was in like 1970 or 71 !
    BadDogMax likes this.
  14. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    That looks like one fantastic trip @pingvin! How many days did you ride and ground did you cover? Nice job splicing the video together, most of the area looks fantastic for getting aerial footage.

Appreciate the vid, thanks for posting :thumb
  15. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Frickin' nice Chris! Were you using the beacon in that vid? So great to not have to worry about it chasing you, changing altitude, etc. One question, do you have the ability to refine the distance it follows or the angle at which it stays? Imagine it's tough given what you were riding; curious about it trying to catch up as well as it changing the orientation.

Sweet to see the snow in the shaded areas, bet the dirt was perfect.
  16. DEVO46

DEVO46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

This is from Urique to Batoplis 56 miles of dirt.
    Got in at dark out of gas!
    rvsparky and ishmac like this.
  17. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Thanks L2D! yes that was with the beacon. You can set the distance and filming angle but the drone seems to want to work it's way back in close. As for the side that it's filming from, it will eventually come back to the side that's programmed to but at the same time it's making reactionary movements for avoidance or catching up after the subject turns. My other drone does the same thing but not as extreme because it filming from much higher. There's still some tweaks they need to make with the software, just like a KTM haha. I like it though, it's been an easy drone to use. It's a low crash risk where I fly it. It does have it's quirks, it has trouble differentiating the master (beacon holder) when there's 3 or 4 bikes close together, it will sometime focus on the wrong (unintended) subject and in one case flying off following the wrong rider. You can see it at 00:40 in this video.

liv2day likes this.
  18. pingvin

pingvin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, it's actually Hearts&Tears Upper Mustang tour (www.heartsandtears.com/upper-mustang) which is 11 days, but we challenged them to reduce it to 8 days which they managed (1 day by omitting the round trip day 1 while waiting for the visa for Upper Mustang which they sent with plane(!), 2 days doing more miles pr. day). But we actually did it in 7 days at did the last 2 days as one very long day allowing a day in Kathmandu as well.

Sadly the other group had the drone but on the other hand, we had long days so not much time to stop for preparing filming etc.
    liv2day likes this.
  19. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    More sub par videography and junior varsity riding.
    The track was in real good shape. The owner spends a few hours grooming with a Bobcat and in between motos ya ride a quad around to pack the track and erase the ruts. Usually 3 bikes & 3 quads at a time. We didn’t ride last weekend cause had rained multiple days and was flooded. It dried throughout the week and was as good as a sand track can get. Enjoy 4 min of stoke!

Hero dirt at The Moto Farm.
  20. MaverickNC

MaverickNC Gnarly Dude

Oddometer:
    Quick road ride up to Sparta, NC and the surrounding area. Short and sweet.

DesertPilot, LeMaitre and terham like this.