Motorcycles in Brazil...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by k7, Feb 9, 2004.

1. GSbrasil

GSbrasil Aventureiro Brazuca

Oddometer:
    C'mon ... I gotta read this thread more often ...
    I flying to Brasil this afternoon and will return on 31-March.
    If I knew about this ADVrider Brazilian meeting, I would have postponed my trip a couple of weeks.
    Anyway, hope you guys have fun ! :freaky
  2. evandro.dalben

evandro.dalben evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

I have posted a lot of pams, routs, pictures of 300 km around SP city. I am located in Campinas and I love to ride over here, I would like to share more info with all ADV riders about our region and offer a place to be here in your trips.

http://www.e-studios7.com.br/efotos2/main.php?g2_itemId=34

Best Regards

Evandro
  3. molive

molive brazuka

Oddometer:
    Same here in the capital city.
  4. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to some of these fantastic roads and floating down the Amazon:clap

Will be there hopefully May 2010 if all goes well, I hoping that I will miss some of the rainy season.
  5. Gringo

Gringo simple by nature

Oddometer:
    a small drinking village with a fishing problem
    May's not the best time for an Amazon boat trip - that's just about high water for the main stem of the river so the beaches are all underwater... River height varies as much as 30' during the year, sometimes more. I've done a few charter boat trips and 2 kayak trips in the Santarém area, and at least for that region the best time for a boat trip is ~September-October as the beaches are at their best and the weather is pretty dry. Weather stays dry there until about Christmas, but the water gets low and beaches start to get muddy by then. Ditto on what was said earlier here, I think by K7 - the smaller the boat, the better your trip!

Somewhere I have a photo of my tent pitched on the roof of a ˜40-foot riverboat we chartered for a trip over Easter weekend one year. There were no beaches to pitch the tent on, and the hammock hooks on board were all occupied by the rest of our gang, so we had to camp on top of the boat!

Here's a nice pic of such a boat on the 'inland sea', taken by a friend of mine - a print hangs on my wall. Really takes me back there and captures the vastness of the place:

[​IMG]

boa viagem!!