1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles in Northern Maine

Discussion in 'Americas' started by John F, Jun 26, 2020.

1. John F

John F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I understand a lot of the wilderness roads in northern Maine are owned by paper companies and are explicitly off limits to motorcycles. Is there any way to ride a motorcycle legally from Jackman, Maine to Allagash, Maine while staying inside of Maine and north of Baxter State Park (which I believe is off limits to motorcycles as well)?
  2. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    You should ask over in the Regionals section for the best local knowledge.
  3. John F

John F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Already did several days ago. One like and no comments.
  4. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the answer is no. There are not very many, if any east-west public roads that far north. Much of that northwestern Maine land is, as you said, privately owned. Baxter is off limits. In other times you could loop around via Quebec, but we all know that’s not currently an option.

Good luck.
  5. Husky360C

Husky360C Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd ride through anyway.

If some security guard stops you, start coughing really severely and tell them you tested positive for coronavirus and you just wanted to take one more ride before being admitted to the hospital. No one is going to want to come near you after you say that.

Rules made by corporate swine should be ignored whenever possible. They don't give a shit about us, why should we respect them ?
  6. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    You're just being argumentative, right? Or have you actually been dumb enough to do this? If so, then you ought to know that riding on private property and other places where it's illegal leads to very bad feelings about motorcyclists and results in the closure of these and many other places to riding. So, thanks a lot for being a self-absorbed anti-establishment "revolutionary" and spoiling it for the rest of us.
    csw1742, EmmEff, Klinc207 and 3 others like this.
  7. Klinc207

Klinc207 To PERU!

Oddometer:
    I did answer, and that answer was no. Please do not ruin what little access we have now. Hopefully with time we can work on these land owners but not with the attitude of Husky360C.

It is PRIVATE property, plain and simple.
    csw1742, EmmEff and boulet_boulet like this.