Mototote MTX Sport

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by texas123, Sep 20, 2019.

1. texas123

texas123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If anyone is interested in one of these Moto tote hitch carriers, here is a quick review and some pictures. I've owned 2 amazon Chinese carriers prior to this one and haven't had any problems with either one, other than them being heavy and difficult to manage. I'm not sure where this was made since I couldn't find any markings; I'm assuming China, but the company is a Local Texas company. This is more solid than the $200 Amazon versions, but it's also over $500, so I'd expect that. The paint doesn't seem as nice & there were no reflective stickers included, but it is a cool design and about 30 #'s lighter. Also, it doesn't use a standard hitch pin, but a proprietary hitch pin that requires an included allen key. A little less wobble than the other carriers, but not an issue with any of them really. The bike loads up easy since the ramp is longer and wider than most, but the wheel chock does not hold the bike up without help. I'm going on a 600 mile trip next month & don't want to (not capable of) drive a XR650L that far in 1 day. I'll update my results in about a month.
    IMG_1480.jpg IMG_1478.JPG IMG_1483.jpg
    levain and unsavory character like this.
  2. texas123

texas123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Mototote did fine across Texas at up to 75mph as expected(speed limit was 85!). I moved the cross rail 1 notch closer to the vehicle since it's adjustable to help reduce the fulcrum effects.
    An issue is I noticed is the cross rail is round and has a protrusion in the middle. This makes it difficult to install trailer lights & impossible to install a long single light. Otherwise it's quality, but so were the Amazon Chinese models for half the price, but It is definitely easier to move around though.
    IMG_1531.JPG
    levain likes this.