1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Motoz reliability

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Nelspaan, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Nelspaan

Nelspaan n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

I starting using my first knobby tires on my motorcycle 4 months ago. On the front TKC80 and on the back Motoz Rallz. I have riding 10k km (6k miles) with them. Over this time I really liked their performances and durability. They could have lasted me 13k km (8k miles). Except they failed me after a few hours of highway at 130-140 km/h (85mph) at 30 degrees celsius (86F).

Based on what I read on here others have had issues with cracks showing up on this tires. So now I am questing myself if I should buy another Motoz and hope this is an isolated issue, or if it is better to stay away from Motoz.

I am looking for a tire with as good wet tarmac behavior as this one and that can last also 6k miles.

a9bb2c26-39f5-40f3-8d4b-b60150d9063d.jpg
  2. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow

That's a ugly tire failure

Glad you were not hurt.

I have run the rear Desert HT and IT from Motoz on my ktm 350 never broke 2k miles on any them .. never had a failure either.

I have NEVER been able to get anywhere near 6k miles on a rear tire personally ... how do you do it ?

Good luck

Scott
  3. TripleTriples

TripleTriples Long timer

Oddometer:
    it's fine. Just extra knobby now.
  4. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have used several Motoz tires on several different bikes and never had a failure like that.
  5. GPD323

GPD323 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just installed a new K60. Old one had 10K miles on it and was squared off. The front is still going so I left it on the rim. I rarely do any dirt riding, its all tarmac and max speeds are 60-65 mph usually or less depending on traffic. I ride a KLR.
  6. sstracke

sstracke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I imagine that Motoz would like to see that tire up close, to determine what happened.
  7. dddd

dddd Long timer

Oddometer:
    got motoz tractionnator adventure with 10'000km and there is a good 6-7 mm left (will probably reach 15'000km.)
    for the 1st time, i will have to change the front tire before the rear.
    motoz's are spectacular.

how we do this mileage? well:
    a) dont'roost, don't steer with throttle, don't break traction, don't skid, only use front brake
    b) and go easy on throttle.
    c) buy 170/60 instead of 150/70
    d) inflate enough to minimize deformation heating. never deflate for any reason.
    e) and if choosing a bike is an option: stay under 650cc and 500lbs.

And after all this, if you think I'm sarcastic and it was a joke, I'm not and it's not.
    Personally, I don't get fun out of these excess and much less fun wasting money on tires and time on installations.
  8. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ran a Tractionator HT in AZ, CO, and UT a couple of summers ago with out a problem. Running GPS now.
  9. KYwoodsrider

KYwoodsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have Tractionator GPS on a Yamaha Tenere. The rear tire developed surface cracks in the carcus between the knobs within the first 1000 miles however I never had any problems with it. I also seen where others have had similar issues.
    I now have around 6000 miles on the tire and plan on running it for another 2000-3000 miles.