Motoz Tires

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Kay9Cop, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Kay9Cop

Kay9Cop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m looking to get a set of Tractionator GPS tires for my ‘18 GSA. Any retailers up here carry them?
    Dogslobber likes this.
  2. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    Those sound tricky to find here. It’s hard enough to keep the “common” brands available. I think your best best is online.
  3. 2014 Herman

2014 Herman n00b

Oddometer:
    I have had 5 Motoz Tractionator GPS tires on my 2014GSA. All of them have split down at the rubber where the knobs attach. I paid for the first 4 of them and they sent me the last one for free. I called them today and the rep told me I may just want to go with a different brand. It is a shame because I got 15k miles out of the front tire but the rears just don't last. I was told that they thought the cracks were due to a bad mixture of rubber but the latest tire they sent was made in Feb of 2019. All the rear tires started splitting within 1200 miles. Again, the front tires didn't have any issues.
  4. AKTREADs

AKTREADs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are several options available that are not manufactured in a 3rd world country.
    wilsonjw42 likes this.
  5. godzuki

godzuki live better speed more

Oddometer:
    Ive never had a problem with motoz tires. Ive run 3 sets of the tractionator adventure tires on my ktm 950 adventure, and i currently have the gps modle on my 1290 ktm and im at 2600 ish some thing on a trip to Alaska and back to Indiana with no issues and a close friend is on the trip with me on his Vstrom 1000 same tires no issue and back home i have a buddy with a super T that has passed 12k miles and thinks he will get another 2 to 3 k out of them, he is also running the gps tire in offroad direction, we are running it in on road direction for more miles
  6. G-RDR

G-RDR gedubya

Oddometer:
    I bought the GPS tires for my 2016 GSA in May, the rear started splitting in under 4 months / 4000 miles. I submitted a warranty claim. Waited over a month to hear back. They offered 50% refund but not a replacement tire. I have read of others having good results from these tires. I bought them through Rocky Mountain ATV / MC and am disappointed that they didn't fully support what they sell. I feel I should have been offered a new replacement. I will not be doing business with RM ATV / MC in the future.

You can read of others that have had the same problem in other threads on this forum, on Facebook, and on the RM ATV / MC site under the reviews for this tire. Those are a few of the places.

When I went to get a new tire the technician mentioned that he has had other GPS tires come in with large sections out of them. I think it's wise not to ride a tire that looks like this. Be safe and check your tires often!

IMG_2867.jpg IMG_2868.jpg IMG_2870.jpg
  7. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    I understand being pissed about what happened with the tires, but I think the 50% refund is reasonable.
  8. G-RDR

G-RDR gedubya

Oddometer:
    I understand what your saying, but in my mind it doesn't apply in this case. Pardon the way I think, but if you bought a hamburger, ate half, then noticed the bun and vegetables were moldy and that there were worms in the meat would you be satisfied with getting half your money back? You've already ate half the burger, so half the cost back seems fair doesn't it?

When I buy a MC tire, I expect to get full use / mileage out of it, however many miles that may be. You can see in the photos I had plenty of tread remaining. Some reports I have read on these tires indicate splitting begins after only a few hundred miles. And the reports are numerous so it is well documented that there is a problem with these tires. If you read these reports you will also find that Motoz is not providing very good customer service in correcting the problems people are having with this tire. One guys post said that he was provided with a new set but I don't know if Motoz did that or the company he purchased them from did.

Next to my safety gear, tires are high on my list of things to keep me safe. If a tire starts splitting open halfway through its life cycle there is definitely something wrong with the manufacturing of it. At least I think so. I've been riding for 40+ years and have never had a tire do this before. In addition, I was in the middle of a road trip, but fortunately some people helped me to get a replacement tire. So there's the inconvenience factor. Then there's the safety factor. I haven't actually heard of any of these tire failures causing anyone to wreck, but I wonder if it has happened. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, the guy at the tire shop said he had changed out a GPS with large chunks out of it.

One of the scary things to me is that I had looked over the tire about 500 miles earlier and I didn't notice the splitting then, so things apparently started to go south very quickly.